Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AA4  (Read 8217 times)

Offline Deshawn/trippin

AA4
« on: Sunday, September 02, 2012, 01:44:11 AM »
http://forum.americasarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5615

Let them know what you want in AA4, ( Tell them to bring back AA2 style, or die)

Offline Pegesus

Re: AA4
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 02, 2012, 06:58:17 AM »
it wont be a new version, just a fixed version of aa3, it certainly wont be aa 2.8.6 ha
CPU: Intel i7 o/c to 4.40ghz
RAM: 32GB Patriot Red
GFX: MSI GTX650Ti Boost
Sound: Creative X-Fi
Headset: Steelseries 4H
Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2
Keys: Cyborg v5

Offline Deshawn/trippin

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 02, 2012, 12:15:46 PM »

Look at it, 90% of the people are saying they want AA2 back, enough people rage on them it might work.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, September 02, 2012, 12:39:30 PM »
Look at it, 90% of the people are saying they want AA2 back, enough people rage on them it might work.
no way buddy..
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, September 02, 2012, 19:46:25 PM »
they will never go back to aa2 because that would be admitting that aa3 was bullshit.
I need teepee for my bunghole!

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1696/mouseyo.gif[/img]

Offline MothaGoosE

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, September 02, 2012, 19:50:31 PM »
they will never go back to aa2 because that would be admitting that aa3 was bullshit.
that would be admitting that aa3 was bullshit
admitting that aa3 was bullshit
aa3 was bullshit

Offline Deshawn/trippin

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, September 02, 2012, 22:11:18 PM »
Well no shit "AA2" will not be back, but they could build AA4 around it. :up:

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #7 on: Monday, September 03, 2012, 01:42:50 AM »
They aren't going to use the same engine first of all. Unreal2 is WAY outdated. Infact unreal 4 is about to be released. The problem has nothing to do with the engine its all about what you do with it. Unreal3 is a terrific engine (try any of the mass effect games) the AA dev team in my eyes just didn't take the time to learn it properly. Certain aspects of gameplay On the other hand i agree there should be no radar, less training and for christsake no respawns or re-generating health. I think they should up the AI system and have plenty of new and old maps to play on.

Asking for AA2 is like wishing you're dead dog would comeback to life... not gonna happen

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday, September 03, 2012, 13:03:18 PM »
Less trainings? I think it's debatable, training a player up to a certain level was what made AA2 feel different. With AA2 you had to literally learn your way through (remember Escape and Evade?). I never had the same feeling with another first person shooter, that you had to plan your tactics and work for the team (in object featured missions).

Regarding AA4 however, i don't really wonder about the graphic side but about the gameplay, i fear it will share AA3 cons without much pro's. I wonder whether they'll use the UE3 or an "evolution", it's really versatile but it's quite old.

On the other hand i agree there should be no radar, less training and for christsake no respawns or re-generating health.

Yep, AA3 coop's Medevac...painful. Playing coop against respawning bots - gawd.

« Last Edit: Monday, September 03, 2012, 13:15:26 PM by Koden »

Offline eKC0mm

« Reply #9 on: Monday, September 03, 2012, 15:02:09 PM »
Asking for AA2 is like wishing you're dead dog would comeback to life... not gonna happen

All trip is saying is to ask for a game more similar to the style of AA2. They aren't going to use unreal 2. Everyone already knows that. Its more about how they go about constructing the gameplay and utilizing whichever game engine they choose.

You guys clearly like AA2 more than AA3 for your own reasons. Tell the devs and hope they make the right decision! and stop acting like you know everything.... cuz you dont. If they find people enjoyed older style gameplay they WILL revert to something more similar to AA2 that people will appreciate.
« Last Edit: Monday, September 03, 2012, 15:03:46 PM by eKC0mm »
eKComm - Team Non-Sense

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday, September 03, 2012, 15:14:43 PM »

You guys clearly like AA2 more than AA3 for your own reasons. Tell the devs and hope they make the right decision! and stop acting like you know everything.... cuz you dont. If they find people enjoyed older style gameplay they WILL revert to something more similar to AA2 that people will appreciate.

Do we? AA3 isn't offering a whole lot of features, and especially not doing most of em correctly, it falls short of variety (and quality), there's no editor yet, and the game itself is not showing a lot of activity (let's say up to par with comparable games). The latest patch also came up with the Airfield, mixing a very poor quality - even in comparison with other official maps - with a flat gameplay (how can you describe playing on a Airfield with very few major structures on it?). Just look at the server list, the last maps published are almost completely absent (except for the Airfield which is still rather new), you struggle to find a Stronghold or Shantytown server.

I re-installed AA3 almost every single time they came out with a patch, hoping for a change that hasn't ever come!
« Last Edit: Monday, September 03, 2012, 15:16:48 PM by Koden »

Offline eKC0mm

« Reply #11 on: Monday, September 03, 2012, 15:27:03 PM »
sooooo yeah...... like i said... you clearly like AA2 better than AA3.
eKComm - Team Non-Sense

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday, September 03, 2012, 15:41:49 PM »
sooooo yeah...... like i said... you clearly like AA2 better than AA3.

How can i like an incomplete game vs a complete, polished one?

Offline eKC0mm

« Reply #13 on: Monday, September 03, 2012, 15:53:08 PM »
Stop thinking so hard. Its not a question of AA2 vs AA3. Koden, your apart of this community because you see something in AA2 that you like.

The point is, if you do like AA2 and you enjoy playing AA2 then you should do as trip says and post that to the devs so that they know. In hopes that the future AA4 will have the features that players of AA2 enjoy.
eKComm - Team Non-Sense

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #14 on: Monday, September 03, 2012, 21:12:31 PM »
All trip is saying is to ask for a game more similar to the style of AA2. They aren't going to use unreal 2. Everyone already knows that. Its more about how they go about constructing the gameplay and utilizing whichever game engine they choose.

why does everything have to be a conflict with you? Where in any of my posts did i say i knew everything? please point that out to me. All i said was that they weren't going to use unreal2 again. Hell i'd be surpised if they use ue3.

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager