Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Suggestion for modded servers  (Read 2623 times)

Offline HellFire

Suggestion for modded servers
« on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 14:46:57 PM »
I don't want to start another argument about modded and unmodded servers, personally i hate them and think they should die :) but......people like them and the modded servers always have players in  :banned:

I noticed though that there not so bad when theres not 20+ players in and the first half of the round is never ending drop shots, when theres only about 6/7 per team its a much better game and the rounds dont last as long either  :idea:

Another thing if the servers had a max of 16 players, it would cause other severs to fill up, so instead of there being one server with 30 people in per map there would be a few that people could switch between when they get huffed  :style:

Just an idea  :)

Offline Rob_LD

Re: Suggestion for modded servers
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 16:29:33 PM »
(...)people like them and the modded servers always have players in
IMHO it is caused by the simpleness of using a scope instead of getting skilled with the iron sights.
...just my 2 cents.

(...)20+ players in and the first half of the round is never ending drop shots(...)
I can't remember when the last 7.62 cartridge hit the ground after it was attempted to a drop shot.  :?
See the brilliance?  :up:

As far as I'm concerned the solution was already granted while pragma had the honor monopol:
Modded servers got every point cut in half.

It worked for years, why should it fail now?

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 20:50:04 PM »
forceclass enabled servers, not modded servers
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 02:08:09 AM »
 :banned:  Democratie end whit killing fun guys thx you do not start an another argument.Meaby you have to choose sum adder words to make a serius point here.
p.s i feel tired becose all that fingers pointing ad modded servers agan and agan and agan.
 :banned:

And about that modded server have always players in it must tell summting ore not.!!!!!! not about the server quipers but that the players are choosing for it.  hope you and all aganst mod guy s understand that  :)
best regards from  the total mod communatie.

I don't want to start another argument about modded and unmodded servers, personally i hate them and think they should die :)

but......people like them and the modded servers always have players in  :banned:

I noticed though that there not so bad when theres not 20+ players in and the first half of the round is never ending drop shots, when theres only about 6/7 per team its a much better game and the rounds dont last as long either  :idea:

Another thing if the servers had a max of 16 players, it would cause other severs to fill up, so instead of there being one server with 30 people in per map there would be a few that people could switch between when they get huffed  :style:

Just an idea  :)
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 02:51:17 AM by Vanoke »

Offline HellFire

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 06:12:31 AM »
I can't remember when the last 7.62 cartridge hit the ground after it was attempted to a drop shot.  :?
See the brilliance?  :up:

lol! har har

I think you all misunderstood me, i can see this is a a very sensitive topic....especially for Vanoke.
I'm not suggesting to get rid of 'forceclass enabled servers' or try and get people to stop playing them, i know people enjoy them...all im saying is do you not think it would be more fun is there were a few servers with a 16 player limit, over one server with nearly 30 players in?

Offline Rob_LD

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 06:42:02 AM »
@Possessed
forceclass enabled servers, not modded servers
Thats right!

But as far as I can remember there were no others mods allowed on official honor servers anyway.

@Vanoke
Democratie end whit killing fun(...)
Nevertheless it starts with freedom of speech

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
(Evelyn Beatrice Hall)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 08:00:13 AM »
one thing from my side:

if you look at all the players and servers, there are very often the most players on servers with weapon pick allowed - so modded servers. and as far as they do not change honor counting (as they could do as well), for me this is very ok to stay with this kind of servers (and for the open slots - which was a regular built in 2.8.5 - you have to mod the server).
HOOAH!!
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 08:01:45 AM by [SWISS]Merlin »

Offline Rob_LD

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 12:37:42 PM »
Just had a look at the server list.
Only 3 of the currently played top 15 are modded.

Even this isn't representative but it doesn't look like there is a huge request.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 17:07:01 PM »
This is a total adder input for discusion then how you started this topic.Thx you retry to make a point.
so i hope for you that the right people will look ad it so they can react. The fun part is: and tell you if its a solution for all 150 servers and the 230 players to get all servers playeble, thats now 1   1/4 player each server;
if you have 16 players in the server you get around 16 servers full
Looks like the problem is to much servers.ore to less players.

lol! har har

I think you all misunderstood me, i can see this is a a very sensitive topic....especially for Vanoke.
I'm not suggesting to get rid of 'forceclass enabled servers' or try and get people to stop playing them, i know people enjoy them...all im saying is do you not think it would be more fun is there were a few servers with a 16 player limit, over one server with nearly 30 players in?

Offline HellFire

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 17:53:07 PM »
Yeh your right about too many servers to players, thats why i was thinking if the servers were smaller there would be more servers with players in  :)

I was playing in [BB] BoomBoom sever today with a max of 14 players and it was a much better game over the larger servers and anyone that was killed early on didn't have to wait ages for a new round too start  :style:

On a plus note i've noticed the number of online players is increasing  :up:

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager