Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AA situation  (Read 9330 times)

Offline Mixk

Re: AA situation
« Reply #30 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 14:52:55 PM »
Since there is really no way to bring back training to where it could be used a system like you all are speaking about with paypal is by far the simplest and most logical idea to try and track players and if you can afford a pc and internet every month, you can sure as hell cough up one dollar one time for this game.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #31 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 15:17:44 PM »

As it is, beginners to this game are (and always have been) driven off because of the difficulty of playing against a server full of decent players. Instead of making it more difficult for newbies to enter this community (by using cards etc) you should be making it easier. The download and assist is very easy to use and that would be hard to improve. Servers dedicated to new players is an option that has always been looked into in the past, but it is too easy to exploit (and frag rate warriors will gravitate towards them) not to mention the fact fact that the servers that already exist are barely getting filled.

Basically, making it 1 account / 1 card will drive off the majority of already existing players and severely reduce the already small amount of new players. There is really not a lot that can be done at this stage.

If everybody has only 1 account, nobody can create a noob account to become a fraghoe in noob servers. Special servers could be made for people between honor 10-25 or something, and some trustable admin who goes there to check if anybody cheats

Offline Rob_LD

« Reply #32 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 16:41:08 PM »
Point 1:
I have no Paypal account at all.

Point 2:
I (we) have only one credit card, how to register my wifes account under this circumstances.

Point 3:
Do you expect that anyone give away sensitive informations like credit card data?
 :?

JonnyM

« Reply #33 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 16:45:24 PM »
I would not want to be handling credit card data really. But how hard would it be to setup a paypal account?

Offline pit-23

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 16:56:04 PM »
Paypal (or any other way to force more or less 1 account per person) is good idea for limiting cheating (I proposed it myself long time ago), but it would probably reduce the playerbase drastically.

If you hung around here more you would know that I don't have access to donation money, the Assist server or the anti-cheat system. As always, no matter who has handled the donation money, it always goes to the Assist server cost. It's a dedicated server that costs a fair bit each month. None of the admins (including myself) have taken the money for themselves. Donations vary each month and any extra money is held in an account for when donations are less than the server cost.

True. Even pit-23 mofo didn't touch a single cent when he had his dirty hands on it.

The problem with that is that it's hard to find people with enough time to devote FOR FREE to write software for this old game for which we have no source code for. Everybody that's worked on it has done it for free and it's very time consuming. If you can find someone to code UScript or RealBasic and can detect cheats, by all means let us know.

Tell Pos to contact Hertz, and apologize for shitty way he used to approach him in the past. If he's in good mood, you will get _decent_ AC in just 2-3 days. The chance is low (the guy has disappeared) but it's worth trying.

Offline Mixk

« Reply #35 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 16:59:46 PM »
I would not want to be handling credit card data really. But how hard would it be to setup a paypal account?
It's not that hard at all and you don't have to use credit card to set one up either. You can link it to your bank account.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #36 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 17:08:18 PM »
The fact is that when you need a paypal account to create a BT account, (some) new people won't start playing, even if it's 0.01 dollar.
Just because it takes time to make paypal and some younger folks probably may not even touch their bank accounts, because of their parents. I'd rather have a couple cheaters in the game then seeing how AA2 dies even more

My opinion.

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

JonnyM

« Reply #37 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 17:14:11 PM »
I would rather see the game shutdown rather than being raped by cheaters.

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #38 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 18:57:45 PM »
I think pit-23 needs to stand up, grab his balls. Say sry that I was a trolling bob. Here is how I cheat, here is the way to fix all cheats for good. If he does it, I go to him a tell him on ts to his ears that he is a good person. (even though he hacked my account and so on)

Offline 1m50ry

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 19:58:43 PM »
I was playing alot past few months and I have not meet any hackers.I think that u can stop solving this and try to fix the macros and gpu video tweaks the things Which give u very big  unfair advantage and which are undetectable by anticheats and soooo many ppl use them...jonym try to use these macros shoot with single with superfast firerate or tweak gpu on HQ raid so u can se further...these r things which matter....because most of players who r considered good use them....these are the legal cheats..anyone after 5 mins on google can use them...want make aao even for all fix this.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 23:50:38 PM »
I was playing alot past few months and I have not meet any hackers.I think that u can stop solving this and try to fix the macros and gpu video tweaks the things Which give u very big  unfair advantage and which are undetectable by anticheats and soooo many ppl use them...jonym try to use these macros shoot with single with superfast firerate or tweak gpu on HQ raid so u can se further...these r things which matter....because most of players who r considered good use them....these are the legal cheats..anyone after 5 mins on google can use them...want make aao even for all fix this.
PM it all to JonnyM and he will look into it, throwing words won't help.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #41 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 06:30:38 AM »
what about this:

- bind the computers mac address to the account(s)
- you can have 3 accounts binded to this mac
- make a page where you can unbind your account to this mac and bind it to another mac (read this automatically)
- you can only unbind and bind 3 times a year this way

so if someone do fake his mac, it doesn't matter anymore. only be sure you can handle the way someone would like to catch another real mac from already registered player. so once binded, only with good reason you can unbind, like a ban appeal.

I guess this is the most easiest way to have control about all that - maybe with a bit of work at the very beginning, but...

Offline OICURMT2!

« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 05:53:53 AM »
I think your wrong about the paypal thing..

I don't use PayPal...

They should put the honor 150 or more in my opinion ;-)

Holy crap-o-la... people still care about Honor?
--
Oh, I See You Are Empty Too !

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager