Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AA situation  (Read 9328 times)

Offline 1m50ry

• View Profile
Re: AA situation
« Reply #15 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 10:09:43 AM »
i think that both of u shoot with single shot macros

Offline krIz+

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 10:11:24 AM »
+1 for zoxxy post, no regular income, no credit card.

you need to make a system to make user account on this site and not battle tracker, so everytime user needs an account he will ask for it like the honor claims work, and no other way to make it..

JonnyM

« Reply #17 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 10:28:14 AM »
When i say credit card i use the term loosely. What i means is any kind of visa/mastercard/switch/amex that can be used to make payments online.

Offline ]-KTA-[Helldiver

« Reply #18 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 11:00:31 AM »
hmm wolf I dont understand one Thing: why put honor back to 100?

Are you jealous of not having a 110?

They should put the honor 150 or more in my opinion ;-)

Leveling is and was a major part of aao since the beginning, beside having fun  :D

Offline kinetiks

« Reply #19 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 11:15:32 AM »
I think we need to make it harder for people to make a new account, it might make people respect their account more.
I was thinking ...

- You have to pay for an account with paypal. Only 0.01 dollar but you can only have one account per paypal account. LOL, Try creating multiple paypal accounts and see the feds come at you for fraud.

I agree with this!  :up:

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #20 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 11:25:56 AM »
When i say credit card i use the term loosely. What i means is any kind of visa/mastercard/switch/amex that can be used to make payments online.

I'm the same way. I call my debt/ATM card a credit card. The reason why is because it can be charged as a credit card (authorization on a pending transaction rather than immediate withdrawal).

I think the Paypal method would be by far easiest and quickest to ensure 1 account. I also think the donation amount should be $1 then server costs would be paid for a while :) $1 isn't much to pay for a game really. It would weed out the kids that shouldn't be playing anyway. If people did make multiple accounts, we could report them to Paypal and that would be the end of that.

Training would be too much work (even if it's possible) and right now 2.8.5 is impossible unless Jonny can continue ELiZ's work or ELiZ returns and fixes the bugs that were stopping him.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Ganja

« Reply #21 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 13:27:13 PM »

I think the Paypal method would be by far easiest and quickest to ensure 1 account. I also think the donation amount should be $1 then server costs would be paid for a while :) $1 isn't much to pay for a game really. It would weed out the kids that shouldn't be playing anyway. If people did make multiple accounts, we could report them to Paypal and that would be the end of that.

True that, many kids will stop playing, but I'm scared we won't have any new players anymore. What I find extrordinary about this game is that it's so easy to download at start playing. I guess paying for it will change that. Let's see some feedback

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #22 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 13:32:55 PM »
When people pre-order games for $80 and buy games on Steam sales for $10, asking $1 or less to keep this game alive (pay for server costs, not for our beer fund) isn't much.

Offline denial.

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 13:37:06 PM »
The situation is there are 30 players in-game. do I need to say any more? Making it more difficult to get into the game and start playing is a terrible idea and will only reduce the amount of activity.

As it is, beginners to this game are (and always have been) driven off because of the difficulty of playing against a server full of decent players. Instead of making it more difficult for newbies to enter this community (by using cards etc) you should be making it easier. The download and assist is very easy to use and that would be hard to improve. Servers dedicated to new players is an option that has always been looked into in the past, but it is too easy to exploit (and frag rate warriors will gravitate towards them) not to mention the fact fact that the servers that already exist are barely getting filled.

The admins could make more of a conscious effort to keep teams even skill wise, but that is a lot of effort and wouldn't work.

Basically, making it 1 account / 1 card will drive off the majority of already existing players and severely reduce the already small amount of new players. There is really not a lot that can be done at this stage.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #24 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 13:39:35 PM »
It would definitely cause a loss in the player base, there's no denying that. All it means is having better anti-cheat and easier to track accounts and their bans.

A mod that balances teams would be great too...

Offline denial.

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 13:49:27 PM »
how would it help fight hackers? there is technically an unlimited number of old accounts and usernames for them to steal. If anything it will make tracking them harder. I don't know why they haven't thought of it sooner..

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #26 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 14:02:00 PM »
You can only have 1 paypal account. If we ban that then they're forced to sign up for another paypal account and donate again. Paypal only allows 1 account so if we find someone with 2 accounts then they could get blacklisted on paypal.

Offline bRU$seLs.2004-

• waNna sOmethiNg?
    • View Profile
  • AA: .
« Reply #27 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 14:18:31 PM »
Nice Post Ganja.

i would pay anything too keep this game alive.
Yes till now i dont spend money for assist, but i payed some money on daily and it goes down...

I cant see where the money goes here.
I dont want for example that spanky get my money if i pay something via paypal.

I say already one year, that i will give a prizemoney away for a cup!

you know what the problem is?

You need people on your side who have much connections to companies etc.
Anti Hack software would be the first step.

110 honor? biggest bullshit ever
you need other things for the pub gamers, like a special coin in a nickname if he already killed like 30k people.
something like that.

Maybe new Tracker?
The game live from pub players, more community, more sponsors more sponsors more money more money more cups and and forget the competive scene for now, start to make a new thing for the communtiy!

Offline IGC Wolf^

• Banned
    • View Profile
  • AA: Banned
« Reply #28 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 14:24:05 PM »
I would quit if it was payable for acc, like most of the players. 20-50 around? Its terrible decision but who knows maybe its going to be alright for u guys and the rest.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #29 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 14:50:18 PM »
I dont want for example that spanky get my money if i pay something via paypal.
If you hung around here more you would know that I don't have access to donation money, the Assist server or the anti-cheat system. As always, no matter who has handled the donation money, it always goes to the Assist server cost. It's a dedicated server that costs a fair bit each month. None of the admins (including myself) have taken the money for themselves. Donations vary each month and any extra money is held in an account for when donations are less than the server cost.

You need people on your side who have much connections to companies etc.
Anti Hack software would be the first step.
The problem with that is that it's hard to find people with enough time to devote FOR FREE to write software for this old game for which we have no source code for. Everybody that's worked on it has done it for free and it's very time consuming. If you can find someone to code UScript or RealBasic and can detect cheats, by all means let us know.

110 honor? biggest bullshit ever
you need other things for the pub gamers, like a special coin in a nickname if he already killed like 30k people.
something like that.
I think the 110 honor was purely a test a long time ago to see if Homey could modify the database & info. It wasn't intended to draw in players or anything. Just something fun to see if it would work. In-game perks would be cool but again it comes around to a lack of UScript knowledge and time. It's an ancient code and the people that know a lot about it mostly work on other games like UT2004 where the AA functions/calls don't exist. Again, if you can find someone that would help, let us know.

Maybe new Tracker?
The game live from pub players, more community, more sponsors more sponsors more money more money more cups and and forget the competive scene for now, start to make a new thing for the communtiy!
A new tracker would be great (along with a new account system) and it is entirely possible. It would just take a lot of time and secure PHP coding to create. Not to mention the transition that would have to be made to make it easy for BT users to just sign right into Assist with the same info. We've tossed this idea around and it might happen to some extent but nothing is set in stone.

What else would you suggest for building the community? Cups and leagues have been tried in the past but nothing has been successful. I don't think it's from a lack of effort, I just don't think the playerbase will support it right now.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager