Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AA situation  (Read 9331 times)

Offline Ganja

AA situation
« on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 07:06:58 AM »
Hello community,

Lately there has been a lot of activity on assist about: tk, namestealing, cheating, hacking, pubbing, scrimming, ahking etc. Now I know I'm certainly not the one who should say that, but whathappened to all the people playing the game for fun? I mean 100% fun.

Every day, you can see people arguing with each other about mods, clans, ghosts, this is such a nonsense.
The major activity of AA died when the devs abandonned it to work more on the AA3 version. Alot of us just couldn't go over to AA3 and luckily someone had made it possible to play this game on an authorized and tracked way.

Ofcourse times have changed, ofcourse the ammount of players has decreased by 90%, but that's life. The competitive scene of AA is dead. I personnaly have no idea what it ever looked like, because I never played competitive. But I'm wondering, why is there still such a gap between "ex-competitive players" and nowaday pubbers.

Pubbers accuse competitive players of cheating, and competitive players can't stop saying pubbers suck because they never played competition.

Recently mods have been untracked, so it would bring more people back, oldschool players back. Maybe the ammount of players changed a bit, but we can't reach 200 players every day now, so there won't be any real competition on AA 2.5 soon (yes there will be that cup which is being organized atm, but I guess that's not a BIG competition).

About the tking and the namestealing etc, all that could be said is, grow up and get a life. Who would waste his time on a nearly dead game by annoying players who still enjoy the game so much ..

So please guys, stop flaming, blaming, and insulting eachother, grow up and enjoy the gameplay that makes us all happy. And ofcourse I should follow my own advice.

Greetz

JonnyM

Re: AA situation
« Reply #1 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 07:15:31 AM »
I think we need to make it harder for people to make a new account, it might make people respect their account more.
I was thinking ...

- You have to pay for an account with paypal. Only 0.01 dollar but you can only have one account per paypal account. LOL, Try creating multiple paypal accounts and see the feds come at you for fraud.

- Make training mandatory before you can play the game.

I'm eager to hear the community's views on this.
« Last Edit: Friday, July 19, 2013, 07:23:17 AM by JonnyM »

Offline zoxee

« Reply #2 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 07:31:37 AM »
creating multiple paypal accounts

easy

Make training mandatory before you can play the game.

impossible

LOL  :D
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

JonnyM

« Reply #3 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 07:34:48 AM »
Fine forget paypal. We will just take your credit card details directly and take payment of 0.01 dollars and then lock your account to that credit card?

JonnyM

« Reply #4 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 07:37:17 AM »
I think your wrong about the paypal thing..
Can I have multiple PayPal accounts?
Yes. You can hold up to two PayPal accounts at any time in the following combinations:
One personal account and one premier account.
One personal account and one business account.
One premier account and one business account.
Each account must have its own email address and bank account.

Offline zoxee

« Reply #5 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 07:42:03 AM »
Fine forget paypal. We will just take your credit card details directly and take payment of 0.01 dollars and then lock your account to that credit card?
Good idea for Americans, here in Europe it's not that easy to get a Credit Card.
You must have income flowing on your account on a regular basis.
What with the kiddies who don't work yet ?
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline IGC Wolf^

• Banned
    • View Profile
  • AA: Banned
« Reply #6 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 07:59:37 AM »
Don't agree with paypal thing, please make some non payment method then I'm up to.

With training agree, bring them back and/or even modify them. Also can you add like a skip talking button? when i did medical training and failed for couple times even tho I knew where i have put mistake in i had to wait for 20 - 30 min talking about the same thing. For those who wont know the answer etc can not press the skip button.

Make honor to 100 as it always been? Kinda strange 110 or make a few higher ups as it might get boring when you reach the final level. Just an idea don't get mad people ^^

Just an idea, AA store? I mean buy weapons and other things, this way you would get more donations ^^ just to liver up life of AA and maybe some kind of rewards? (Thats where i would pay not for account make up)

Get rid of PB, it is useless and all it does kicks players for mostly no reason.

Maybe a bit modify gameplay on hospital? Make 2 vip slots so to complete the mission you must kill 2 vips, just an idea that i heard from one of igc members, to make some fun as you say ganja.

Re look at all the maps, fix bugs even tho you might have to modify map a little bit like hospital-(change roof again spanky)

Make polls if you want to change something, as well as inserting them into assist so people can come to aao25 forum and vote.

Coding tutorial section, your own coding and programming stuff.(no idea if there is one already but a suggestion wont harm)

Get rid of battletracker, make your own stat tracker using DRAAT or whatsoever possible selection on websites and tools and of course of knowledge in coding.

Advertise AA25 on faceboook, twitter, websites as much as possible.

Add maybe new weapons, but I guess it would need lots of coding that nobody could do.

Upgrade System as strong as your dick. (Sorry it seemed like rhymed but the suggestion should be taken into consideration, didn't insult anyone.)

Texture editing maybe? Changing gun/map textures into modern army. Changing map textures to improve realistic game of the army.

Change the soldiers uniform into modern como or something realistic, there ar elots of people who know and like aao25, I'm sure your friends or friends of friends know how to use tools for re texturing and making up new things.

Update Forum, clean the mess every day and start adding warning even to your best friends when they break a rule.

No more drama, or make a drama section where you can cry about hackers/cheaters and other players.

Make so in the cheater submission thread only Admins of the forum can post. To prevent off topic and spam. The admin word is final and must be put like he is clean or he is banned etc, we players would know what was the final decision.

Better Forum admin communication between each other, your own meetings and discussions as a one group of things that needed or not needed to be done.

Recruit more coders, I'm sure there are a lot of good coders around but they just have no passion to do anything, make a test to new recruits so they prove their worth.

Now make all servers payable, people would not start shit and insulting, tk people if they knew there aren't lots of servers and being banned is not a good idea. I know most of them wont agree with this but an idea, make a life easier but make a life hardier on payments.

Make aao25 official server, put it on the top of news and announcement so they know its forum official server or something. (No needed to be honest)

Make forum users that are banned, marked with a word banned or something so we know he is banned... This would be an interesting forum and more colorful, this would not make the forum rainbow as it has been talked earlier on.

Divide forum admin jobs of what they have to do, seems to me a bit confusing who is doing what...looks like sergo doing everytihng with johnny, spanky maps but he needs to work on them fast and have passion finishing them.

If i have more ideas i tell them. Don't be angry or mad just the suggestions that came to my mind reading this through.

Offline OpiumOpi

« Reply #7 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 08:06:18 AM »
The Training Idea is better..
To make this game modern, upgrade to 2.8.5.
« Last Edit: Friday, July 19, 2013, 08:14:13 AM by OpiumOpi »
Welcum Back...

JonnyM

« Reply #8 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 08:10:32 AM »
Good idea for Americans, here in Europe it's not that easy to get a Credit Card.
You must have income flowing on your account on a regular basis.
What with the kiddies who don't work yet ?

Your part of Europe must be different from my part of Europe, here they give credit/debit cards to anyone, in fact to claim your unemployment welfare benefits you must have a bank account and with that comes some sort of visa card.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #9 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 08:19:08 AM »
No gameplay needs to be modified. Gamers attitude does.

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #10 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 08:54:56 AM »
Try telling sly, pit and wiggle

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #11 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 09:00:23 AM »
there are some realy hard played tournaments for aa2 since one year.

http://www.desbl.de/index.php?page=public&site=chooseseason&gid=5

Offline 1m50ry

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 09:20:19 AM »
i dont know i think u guys r resolving things which of course are problem but not the main one.......why u bother about multiple accs??for normal clean ppl it ll only be more difficult to play aao and it might make them not to play it.If the problem r hackers idk but these fuckers always find a way around eventualy anyway.

i for instance was using 1 account until i got problem with assist with that ur username is logged somewhere else so i made another which was faster than wait 30 mins for the first one.now i dont care on which acc i play.since my first acc is lost because i dont remember email from it since i made it like 7yrs ago.i also made new account when i got banned on chicken farm so i could join it again.
if u restrict making new accs u would just restrict the good ppl.

biggest problem in AAO are macros Most of "legit" players shoot with singlefire in firerate faster than even burst.Solve this and aao ll be cleaner than ever.

Offline zoxee

« Reply #13 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 09:47:50 AM »
Your part of Europe must be different from my part of Europe, here they give credit/debit cards to anyone, in fact to claim your unemployment welfare benefits you must have a bank account and with that comes some sort of visa card.

I don't know where you live, but here a normal bank card to withdraw money from your bank account
ist different from a credit card (VISA, MASTERCARD etc) which is basically an immediate cash reserve
which you can use at anytime (2000 up to 40000 euros). A monthly bill is then issued by the CC company
and the amounts withdrawn within that month for buying things are then recovered from your bank account + Interest. According to you theory, every loser with no job could go ask for such a card, spend 2000 euros
and then say fuck you to the bank well, no.

Offline IGC Wolf^

• Banned
    • View Profile
  • AA: Banned
« Reply #14 on: Friday, July 19, 2013, 10:02:45 AM »
Yeh jonnym u must live in usa:D

Thats true what zoxxe says

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager