Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: FPS Capped?  (Read 5594 times)

Offline -Diesel.iNv-

FPS Capped?
« on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 16:38:12 PM »
Not that its a problem, but my pc runs AA at 80-85 fps with max settings with a resolution of 1920x1080. If I move my settings to low and at a much smaller resolution my FPS does not change. I know I can push more FPS and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how I could do it.

Vsync is not on btw.

i have a MSI 2gb 7870 OC GPU
« Last Edit: Monday, July 22, 2013, 16:49:22 PM by -Diesel.iNv- »

Offline noobslayer

Re: FPS Capped?
« Reply #1 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 17:27:05 PM »
Go to Control Panel > System and Security > See the name of this computer (System) >  Advanced System Settings > Click on Settings (performance)  > Click on ''adjust for best performance'' and then click ''apply''

« Last Edit: Monday, July 22, 2013, 17:28:40 PM by noobslayer »

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #2 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 18:33:20 PM »
VSync should be on and unless you have a 120hz monitor, anything above 60-75 is useless.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline zoxee

« Reply #3 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 19:51:58 PM »
Go to Control Panel > System and Security > See the name of this computer (System) >  Advanced System Settings > Click on Settings (performance)  > Click on ''adjust for best performance'' and then click ''apply''

Good method but windumb looks shitty afterwards
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline Mixk

« Reply #4 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 21:48:47 PM »
Not that its a problem, but my pc runs AA at 80-85 fps with max settings with a resolution of 1920x1080. If I move my settings to low and at a much smaller resolution my FPS does not change. I know I can push more FPS and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how I could do it.

Vsync is not on btw.

As Spanky said any more than 60-75 is not needed. You just want a consistent frame rate. If you go for more only way you will even know it is when you looking at your stat fps or whatever you use. I knew someone that was getting a high of 200 or so in 2.85 with windows xp but said he was getting video lag still. Come to find out his numbers were all over up and down causing it. Redid his settings to a more realistic number and boom video lag he thought was gone.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline Alex

« Reply #5 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 22:25:54 PM »

Vsync is not on btw.

Unless you have a 120hz monitor going over 60 is completely useless. V sync should be on.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #6 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 23:43:19 PM »
VSync should be on and unless you have a 120hz monitor, anything above 60-75 is useless.

Unless you have a 120hz monitor going over 60 is completely useless. V sync should be on.

Echo... echo... echo... echo... echo... echo...

Offline Alex

« Reply #7 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 23:54:17 PM »
Echo... echo... echo... echo... echo... echo...
Nothing wrong with agreeing with someone else. If anything, it gives the person more reason to believe the post. :P

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 00:59:48 AM »
Just thought it was funny that you were THAT close in your wording :)

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 02:15:18 AM »
read this -> http://www.unrealnorth.com/forum.php?action=viewtopic&id=28957 scroll down to the last reply.
ArmyOps.ini - >
[Engine.LevelInfo]
MaxClientFrameRate=100.000000
in-game: netspeed 15000

btw: netspeed / 100 = Max FPS;
ex: if you have a 120hz monitor, netspeed 12000 -> MaxClientFrameRate=120.000000, again, read the link above.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 02:23:06 AM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Rapture

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 05:43:33 AM »
I was having the same prob of not being able to set the priority (even logged in as administrator). to fix it click show process for all users then set the priority higher :D

***This actually was suppose to go in the lagspike thread, can someone please move it  :shock:
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 06:54:37 AM by Rapture817 »

Offline -[unR]BENDAWICH

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 05:55:37 AM »
I dont agree with it being useless to having your fps over your monitor refresh rate. I think it boils down to perception. Its always nice to have a bit of headroom so having more fps than what your monitor can output, can be beneficial for the purpose of when your fps dips, it may not go under your refresh rate. So you wont really notice the dip in fps as apposed if it is capped at 60hz. But some ppl experience excessive tearing when playing games at high fps with Vsync off, and others experience input lag with it on. So its just personal preference at the end of the day. 
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 06:15:12 AM by -[unR]BENDAWICH »

Offline krIz+

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 08:35:33 AM »
I dont agree with it being useless to having your fps over your monitor refresh rate. I think it boils down to perception. Its always nice to have a bit of headroom so having more fps than what your monitor can output, can be beneficial for the purpose of when your fps dips, it may not go under your refresh rate. So you wont really notice the dip in fps as apposed if it is capped at 60hz. But some ppl experience excessive tearing when playing games at high fps with Vsync off, and others experience input lag with it on. So its just personal preference at the end of the day.
it's useless, monitor limits your fps, even with zillion fps you still will play it like 60(ur hz), with good pc you will have a stable 60fps, no drops, but on lower resolution you can set your monitor refresh rate to 75hz, that's what i was doing with my previous monitor.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 08:42:00 AM »
250 FPS in COD 4 = advantage, high Jump, 250 fps on AA = no advantage of any kind.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 10:30:30 AM »
120 fps in any game = relative advantage

120 hz monitor = absolute advantage, a much smoother experience (i already notice the difference between a 75hz monitor and a 60hz one). If you're not keen on space there are a few old great CRT that probably come cheap by now.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 10:32:26 AM by Koden »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager