Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Offline Play  (Read 4024 times)

Offline bullitmagnet

Offline Play
« on: Saturday, February 09, 2013, 19:26:29 PM »
Hi, I was just wondering if there was a way to get to the single player missions that came with the game origionally. I know that you need to go through the training and everything to get to them which you can't now 'cos the original servers aint up, bu is there a file or something i could alter to fool the game into unlocking everything. I missed the game when it was originally released so didn't get to play those  :(

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
Re: Offline Play
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 12:49:49 PM »
Hi, I was just wondering if there was a way to get to the single player missions that came with the game origionally. I know that you need to go through the training and everything to get to them which you can't now 'cos the original servers aint up, bu is there a file or something i could alter to fool the game into unlocking everything. I missed the game when it was originally released so didn't get to play those  :(

Original missions? If you want to play any mission, no matter what, you simply need to start the game, open the console and type start *mission_name*

e.g.

Code: [Select]
start hospital

start live_jump
To get the exact file name of the mission you want to play offline, just look into your map folder (inside the game folder, for AA25 Assist install is placed into an AppData folder like -> C:\Users\x\AppData\Roaming\25Assist where x is your pc user name).

Of course, upon starting the map you might need/want to get an equipment of choice, to do that, type mpcheat class *class name*

e.g.

mpcheat class r
 mpcheat class d
 mpcheat class gp
 mpcheat class g
 mpcheat class s
and so on.

You can find several console commands lists by looking over Google, too (or even in the official online game manual).
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 15:42:15 PM by Koden »

Offline caedes

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 17:29:53 PM »
as far as i know you will be on that specific map and you can walk around and use whatever gun you want. but the "original" mission, like medic trainings, weapon familiarisation, obstacle course and so on wont work anymore.

Offline MothaGoosE

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 17:53:07 PM »
as far as i know you will be on that specific map and you can walk around and use whatever gun you want. but the "original" mission, like medic trainings, weapon familiarisation, obstacle course and so on wont work anymore.

They are no longer required in order to play missions. I believe the only mission requirement that still exists is that you must be at least 15 Honor to play SF missions. Otherwise, you automatically meet training requirements. I'm pretty sure that you can still access the missions through the training tab in the game menu if you really want to.

Offline bullitmagnet

« Reply #4 on: Monday, February 11, 2013, 17:38:27 PM »
nah, you can use the dropdown menu but it wont let you play them, you have to go through the training stuff for it wich you obviously cant cos they dont save :D

Offline MothaGoosE

« Reply #5 on: Monday, February 11, 2013, 18:26:14 PM »
nah, you can use the dropdown menu but it wont let you play them, you have to go through the training stuff for it wich you obviously cant cos they dont save :D

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking, then. Either you play a map by joining a server, hitting the ~ key and typing "open pipeline" (or whatever map name you desire) or you run your own server. Training doesn't save anymore because, as already stated, you automatically qualify for all missions.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 04:07:26 AM »
yah he meant the Tour dropown menu, maps aren't "avaliable" due to the training :)
just do what Goose said, theres no COOP map in 2.5.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager