Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: aa on new platforms  (Read 4664 times)

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
Re: aa on new platforms
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 15:09:37 PM »
Were not talking about apple ipads here, but linux/android, mouse and keyboard can be connected, as well as HD TVs and monitors, most are now dual or quad core.
Although plugging a mouse and keyboard into a tablet is stupid so we would need to come up with a revolutionary new control system for touchscreens.

Take a look at the FPS games shown in this video, they're all made for Apple mobile devices and they feature a virtual touch screen pad, it looks like a layer onto the game interface.

I think the touch screen makes for a nice chance of making your own virtual interface, whether you want to present it as a joystick, a pad or whatever else.

Offline august

• Respected Members
    • View Profile
  • AA: Avguste
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 19:21:05 PM »
Talk to Phoenix. He is the boss over at AA forums.
However, I would personally suggest for now to focus on bringing in more new players to Assist. Advertising on forums and such is all fine and good, but the best is to invite people you already play with

Offline Alex

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 21:02:09 PM »
Were not talking about apple ipads here, but linux/android, mouse and keyboard can be connected, as well as HD TVs and monitors, most are now dual or quad core.
Although plugging a mouse and keyboard into a tablet is stupid so we would need to come up with a revolutionary new control system for touchscreens.
You would also need to add in aim assist and dumb down the graphics. It doesn't even use 2 cores on PC, how will we change that for android? The android version would also need to be separate from the PC version because the android players would just get raped every time, even with aim assist. We would be building half a game. Not to mention I don't see how we could put it on the android market without getting sued.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 21:23:47 PM »
Aim assist: turn on the auto-aim feature which is currently disabled
Graphics: resize the graphics in packages to 256x256 or less

Is it a lot of work? Yeah, like I said earlier, that's when it becomes serious. August probably has the best opinion so far, there are other things to focus on right now.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager