Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AA League  (Read 7499 times)

Offline Jason

• View Profile
AA League
« on: Friday, January 13, 2012, 20:49:22 PM »
we should get a league going. Thats what attracts more players. lets do something TWL style

Jared

Re: AA League
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, January 15, 2012, 10:59:06 AM »
i think we should do this 2, and included a few maap on it as well

Offline JunK

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, January 15, 2012, 11:43:30 AM »
i think we should do this 2, and included a few maap on it as well

you right. Some maaps are very good as well like aimfun and PBball .  But i think, we should first bring up the maap pack to battletracker so the maps will be tracked.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, January 15, 2012, 14:41:15 PM »
There's a lot of players that dislike mAAp being tracked. They think it messes up they're score or something. Although I'd like to see mAAp tracked, it's like my kid.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, January 15, 2012, 14:52:30 PM »
But i think, we should first bring up the maap pack to battletracker so the maps will be tracked.
Yup. I made a post here in a thread that Homey was posting and watching... no reply.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Jared

« Reply #5 on: Monday, January 16, 2012, 00:41:33 AM »
you could do like a top gun league on pball :D

I think a good EU/NA ladder setup would be great for now.

If there are any web devs out there and anyone that has league knowledge post thoughts. I use to be an admin for XPL when they did their aa league, and im sure if we started a ladder/league we could get a few more US players
« Last Edit: Monday, January 16, 2012, 00:45:11 AM by Jared »

Jared

« Reply #6 on: Monday, January 16, 2012, 18:30:41 PM »
if anyone would like to help add me on messenger utroda[at]hotmail.com or on xfire anxcd don't email me i don't use that as my email address

Jonnym

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2012, 10:23:30 AM »
Some of the mAAp maps are tracked!
not sure which ones though. but defo maap-pipeline and urban.

Offline -[sVs]-Beamer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2012, 11:12:22 AM »
if u need some info then i can ask it on belg.Verkom ( he was esl aa admin )

Jared

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2012, 22:21:50 PM »
i will probably need his help for the EU side. I have all of the databases built and started the html theme of the site.

I just started a new job today, so i don't have as much free time now that im working the 9-5 instead of freelancing ;)  but once i get used to this schedule i will get this going!   

Jonnym

Jared

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 00:33:18 AM »
Just an update im about 80% done with the ladder site, i need some help with my mysql and php so if there are pro's out here hit me up!

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 23:19:23 PM »
I hadn't realize that was already a topic about an AA league so i made one, but i think it's a wonderfull idea to get some competition. I have to agree with Jared it ll bring much more players. I do think that mAAp maps aren't the most important thing at this time, if Jared really make this league there are much more important things to take care, like Anti-Cheating, league format (4vs4, 5vs5 )... I will be glad to help, not that I've much time tho  >:(. Anyway, just like i said above it's just my opinion :)

Jared

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 23:29:03 PM »
This is what I'm doing right now.

I have gone through the current cvars and updated them for league play, I'm in talks with jonny about updated assist servers to use these. I still need to test to make sure the values are working right.

I have been developing a ladder site.

Current Ladders will be 4v4 OBJ & 2v2 Top Gun, the 2v2 will be on the new maap shipment map only. The 4v4 will be all maps on random.

I have the site about 70-80% done. I still need to finish match comms, so you can accept or deny a match and post to the other team admin. Also I still need to integrate into smf, whether or not if we have a new forum or if we use headshot, thats up to nate.

Currently I need some more help programming it, I just started a new job and have to work 9-5 instead of freelancing so I don't have as much free time during the week.

But if you can help with cvar development please let me know or if you have any ideas let me know.

Soon I will need some beta tester to test the site and make teams join teams and see if it working but currently it just on my localhost and isn't on a live url yet.

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 23:44:06 PM »
Well, Cvars are not my strong but i don't know if this helps...

NetSpeed: In earlier versions of A*A (including 2.5), a "magic" netspeed value will make the player immune to flashes. Sometimes they don't set this value, by chance it is set to this by the game itself. This CVAR will make sure that the netspeed value is legitimate.

http://cvar.ak4clan.net/

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager