Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AA is currently pathetic  (Read 6388 times)

Offline insidiae

Re: AA is currently pathetic
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 06:46:13 AM »
...and headshoted Shakespeare on the way

Headshot*  :style:

I am such a dick.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 07:27:23 AM »

1. Remove mods. Jonny's got a great plan on doing this, that's all I will say for now. He can comment more if he likes.
Totally agree. This is the main reason AA is going to die: NO new player will come at this game except for maybe 1 or 2 people. The old players will NOT come back if they only see a modfest, many of them left within a few days due to this, they might've stayed if it wasn't all modded.
2. Fix map glitches. They need to be reported and a real discussion needs to take place on the best way to fix them.
This is a no-brainer of course. Has to be done.
3. Modify core 2.5 maps.
I do not agree, because the maps were actually balanced because of the weapon slots and the fixed amounts of ar's and g's. You could easily dodge a spamshot. But with the mods you get 6 spamshots against you at the same time. There's the main problem. With only 4 g's you'll have to be more careful not to waste all of them. When the mod's are gone the spamming problem will be mostly gone as well.
4. Streamline Assist.
This is never bad to do in my opinion.

Offline zoxee

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 07:31:24 AM »
long version

the maps were actually balanced because of the weapon slots and the fixed amounts of ar's and g's. You could easily dodge a spamshot. But with the mods you get 6 spamshots against you at the same time. There's the main problem. With only 4 g's you'll have to be more careful not to waste all of them. When the mod's are gone the spamming problem will be mostly gone as well.This is never bad to do in my opinion.

Short version

Not needed if mods are being completely gotten rid of. Two G per side won't kill the gameplay.

:D
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 07:33:20 AM by zoxee »
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 10:06:10 AM »
I have to agree with Bart.
Remove mods, fix bugs, better anti-cheat.

I dont agree with changing the original maps. Most of them are well balanced. And we have learned how to play the ones that arent that well balanced making it also fun playing the harder side.

I also dont agree with making the "no bridge", "no pipe" days. Dont force people to play a map that they dont like. So what that they are only bridge players or pipe. Let them play what they love.

Spanky I think this is definitely the right way of making AA2 better. Now it needs to be done, so it doesnt stay only on "paper". With the cup (and possibly next cups) being prepared it might bring better days to AA.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 10:44:45 AM »
and do not start again to cry about the modded servers.
i still think without them you will have only the have of the players like now. i hope not, but we will see it very soon.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 11:18:47 AM »
The only thing that could help was 2.8.5 and all the AAOTTS maps.

If i puth border on normal players go away to adder server who have sf in it.
I dit anser to the people how like SF and a little more. I often hear good server puf s GJ.

we have a lot returning players so we do GOOD  and hower best for the  25Assist comunity.
also you can find us often in the server we play the game make contact to new players and old players in the game
to help to learn the game if they ask. ore just to make fun.

So do not tell that we distroy this game.
THX

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 11:26:46 AM »
vanoke read you post !!!
surprise for you there :)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 12:30:30 PM »
I must disagree on that one. When beginners start to play a new game they get owned bad at
first so they try to find reference points where they can try out some tactics and see if they work.
That is easier on fixed spawn points because you go always the same route and get familiar with it.
Randomizing spawn points will only disorientate from one round to another, as their noobiness
will prevent them from learning the maps whereabouts and constantly reajusting their tactics from
different starting spots in the same time.
Like everything in life, you learn by always doing the same actions until you master them,
that's why i would't recommend to spread this change on the core maps.

That actually is a good point. I was mostly thinking about the Battlefield-style spawn system where you can choose where you spawn so tactics are dynamic and ever-changing. With random spawn points on AA, you wouldn't get to choose. In that way, new players would be somewhat lost. Then again, AA maps aren't that big so it wouldn't take too long to orient yourself. Maybe random spawn points would suit some maps more than others like Hospital, Urban and Pipeline. In that sense, it's more realistic. Maybe just 1 team has random spawn points like defense on Pipeline.

I was mostly disappointed by the pick-your-own-weapon on IC with RPG/203 spam shots at the beginning of the round. There was some annoying AR spam on Bridge however. I realize AR is actually meant as a suppression weapon to lay down cover fire BUT not on a foggy bridge where you can't see where you're shooting. I highly doubt the Army teaches you blind spam unless you're in a very stressed situation. Maybe that tree off to the side on Assault on Bridge is considered a bug? :)

Vanoke, I agree that 2.8.5 would have been a good thing but I'm not sure about "ALL AAOTTS maps". Too many maps just adds bloat and reduces map quality. Like right now, we have a couple useless maps that should be removed. There are still people that play with with slow internet and it wouldn't be fair to them to add 2-3GB just for maps.

OF COURSE getting rid of mods will lose players. But you have to realize that they stayed because of mods. As Tidididi said, we've lost a lot of good people and player numbers have been going down despite no problems with Assist. The majority of people think mods ruin the game so why are we catering to the minority? People talk on the official AA forums and other sites about how they miss AA2 and the classic days. Mods weren't around in those days, they're not what everybody remembers. With that said, some mods are great fun. It's nice to mess around and do stuff you normally wouldn't. But a little goes a long way. Mods shouldn't be abolished, just discouraged with lowered points or non-honor/tracking.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Warp

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 13:16:55 PM »
The only thing that could help was 2.8.5 and all the AAOTTS maps.

If i puth border on normal players go away to adder server who have sf in it.
I dit anser to the people how like SF and a little more. I often hear good server puf s GJ.

we have a lot returning players so we do GOOD  and hower best for the  25Assist comunity.
also you can find us often in the server we play the game make contact to new players and old players in the game
to help to learn the game if they ask. ore just to make fun.

So do not tell that we distroy this game.
THX

Imho, in the end it's not entirely your fault but it's also about those players that keep playing only on modded servers (i completely agree with Spanky on lowering points for modded gameplay or even taking honour off, but i'm not sure it would clear the issue). Well, after that there's the whole amount of glitches, bugs, workarounds and "little" tricks used to gain advantages over others...at least that's what the game looks to me as of now.

The random respawn point is an interesting idea for those maps which are wide enough and which aren't "hold and defend" oriented.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 13:21:28 PM by Warp »

Offline IGC Wolf^

• Banned
    • View Profile
  • AA: Banned
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 13:35:11 PM »
I just hope we wont see promises of talk but we see action of work ^^

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 14:02:41 PM »
I just hope we wont see promises of talk but we see action of work ^^

The only thing I can do is work on maps. I WILL get that jungle/forest map out. Beyond that, it's up to what the users want.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 14:44:52 PM »
 Vanoke, I agree that 2.8.5 would have been a good thing but I'm not sure about "ALL AAOTTS maps". Too many maps just adds bloat and reduces map quality. Like right now, we have a couple useless maps that should be removed. There are still people that play with with slow internet and it wouldn't be fair to them to add 2-3GB just for maps.

This dream is gone now ELIZ is away hope adders can and wil pick it up agan than we have a choice for better game play maps Hope your jungle is one of them to replays one of you say useless games.
But i think that what already has bin say in this topic the clan is staying in his core map.
must go sorry .

Offline Saltuarius

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 15:24:56 PM »
- instead of random spawn points, start with a rotation assault/defence after 7 rnds, so the playing team has to regroup the the new side and it would be the end for def whores
- the only chance for new players is probably an updated tracker with new features or even a new tracker, it was always for many players their only motivation to play... :( (dont get me wrong, its a bad thing, but hey thats the way it was/is?...)

Offline Fleeting

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 15:38:15 PM »
AA is still fun

just saying.. i died alot  :cry:, but i enjoy the teamwork on some maps, like weapon cache, pipeline, ect.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 15:57:59 PM »
- instead of random spawn points, start with a rotation assault/defence after 7 rnds, so the playing team has to regroup the the new side and it would be the end for def whores

This reminds me, if I knew how to code, it would be great to have a slot randomizer/balancer to scramble teams after 7 rounds. It could be disabled in passworded servers for clan battles and whatnot. A great idea but I doubt anyone would code it.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager