Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: PB_Sleep 500  (Read 2903 times)

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
PB_Sleep 500
« on: Monday, May 28, 2012, 10:49:14 AM »
I was on courtyard and so that summbuddy typed it. don t know if we me see that it was visseble but i google. and my question is that aloud.
http://www.mpcforum.com/showthread.php?122790-PB_Sleep-best-setting...

PB_Sleep, best setting...

I normally use pb_sleep 500, which, if it still works as I think I understand, makes PB only scan your shit once ever 500 seconds. My question is not whether or not this makes anything undetected, but whether or not this is good for performance.

Here is my thinking

having PB sleep 500 means I get a decent amount of time without scanning, which means less strain on my ram and such, however...

does PB scan in chunks? Does this wait time mean that when it does scan, it does it hardcore to get everything when it does scan, thus creating a large strain on my system, which would lead me to believe...

that a lower pb_sleep time would allow PB to scan more fluidly, thus causing a higher memory usage constantly, but ridding myself of the short amount of time with a serious performance loss?

Offline !The_Engineer!

Re: PB_Sleep 500
« Reply #1 on: Monday, May 28, 2012, 11:07:37 AM »
From Punkbuster...

http://www.evenbalance.com/publications/players/

PB_Sleep [Period]
Holds the period of time (milliseconds) that PunkBuster "sleeps" between processing cycles; the default is 60; lower numbers will cause PunkBuster to process events more times each second which also has the effect of increasing the bandwidth used by PunkBuster; Players with a modem connection will probably want to set this as high as possible

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: PB_Sleep 500
« Reply #2 on: Monday, May 28, 2012, 15:30:36 PM »
Just a way for people to try and lower latency to further compensate for skill.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager