Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AA 25 Assist - Question about logging in  (Read 1306 times)

Offline [VoN]BlackMagic

AA 25 Assist - Question about logging in
« on: Tuesday, April 02, 2013, 06:22:45 AM »
Alrighty then, I tried searching for this and could not find anything (neither did I know how else to properly search for it) so if this is a double post, I'll apologize for that right away.

Now, I have some issues and therefore questions about those issues. I login fine on the Assist application, can join servers and all that.  But when I fire up the AA game from the Assist application it will not load my profile.  Takes forever attempting to log in, whereas finally I get error saying something about either connectivity problems or service down for maintenance.

Is it not possible to do anything except change settings in the AA game itself? Do I need to only use the Assist programme?

Sincerely,
Robin Batchelor

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: AA 25 Assist - Question about logging in
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, April 02, 2013, 09:27:18 AM »
It seems you're trying to log in through the game itself in addition to logging in through Assist. In the "good old days" you could see information about your player there.

Since the US Army dropped official support for the game and the game hasn't been rewritten, the login contained within the game is still searching for the now gone official auth server (and wont find it obviously).

So in short, you can't log in through the game itself and you only need to use the Assist program.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline BiG_SerGiO

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • "I got soul but i'm not a soldier..."
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese Warriors
  • AA: [PTwars]b!6
"Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth"?
Hmm?

https://vortexservers.com/clients/aff.php?aff=406

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager