Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AA 2.5.0 Server setting  (Read 2698 times)

Offline debilone

• View Profile
AA 2.5.0 Server setting
« on: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 17:06:01 PM »
I would like to share some useful "tweak" settings for when running a AA 2.5.0 server.

In the server.ini file NetServerMaxTickRate is located, by default it's set to 25(20 is the lowest possible value). You can also access the .ini from aa25assist: server->Option->Edit user.ini
This deter the amount of "packages" sent and reviced per "tick" between the server and the client. By increasing this to 35(MAX) you increase the amount of data transferred. This will greatly improve gameplay, response time to server will be faster. By having it set to 35 will also reduce "hicthes" in gameplay that often can be felt when playing on heavyloaded 26/26 player servers. There simply just isn't enough packages to cover up for everything going on. Keep in note that increasing the tickrate will also increase the bandwidth needed and the memory/CPU usage of the server will increase slightly.
Is it worth using using 35 tickrate for just a little lower ping? By using default tickrate 8/100 AR bullets actually "disappear" because the lack to data, also the hitboxes on running/moving targets will be easier to hit. Proof for this is found in the posted link.

Here is a screenshot from a random 2.5.0 server with 25 tickrate:
http://bayimg.com/PANllAAdE

Here is a screenshot from my server with 35 tickrate:
http://bayimg.com/PANlmAADe

The see the tickrate type stat net in console(stat none to close), it's displayed under packages in: xx

Here is a link where you can read more about tickrate based on the unreal engine: http://wiki.unrealadmin.org/Netspeed_Tutorial_%28UT%29

PM me on tracker if your intressted about more advanced tweaking :)
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 17:08:36 PM by debilone »

Offline debilone

• View Profile
*x2 post
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 17:08:59 PM »
double post

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Re: AA 2.5.0 Server setting
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 17:25:05 PM »
Why not type up all your tweaks here instead of waiting for someone to PM you?

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 20:25:29 PM »
I've heard theres a diference between linux and windows tickrate setting, when u set it to =20 in both OS's, in linux will be/act like 15.

sry for any english mistake.

edit: the Tut already say it lol my bad.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 20:41:16 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Go_Cat75

• Hospital GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday, March 16, 2012, 23:16:22 PM »
Tickrate is one of a few tweaks I used to use on the 2.8.5 server, I havent bothered with them on 2.5 as machines and bw probably aint going to notice much different for the time involved but the 35 tick rate is a simple start.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager