Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: A mass honor reset.  (Read 10471 times)

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
  • AA: Dav3
A mass honor reset.
« on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 15:08:42 PM »
I think the majority of people have had at least more than one account at some point.

I know im not the only one who has had accounts with much higher honor in the past and since lost / cant find them. Ive for example had one in the high 80's, few 60's and who knows how many nub accs.

That being said honor shows absolutely nothing other than how much of your life you have wasted with that specific account.

Not to mention all the honor hacks back in the day. ( Sure some were caught but IIRC it was based on honor compared to date the account was created, if it was ridiculous it was flagged? ) - guaranteed many got by.

I think if they implement training they should also include a mass honor reset and have absolutely every account start fresh at that point. That way you will have much appreciation for your account.

It has also been a "rebirth" of aa2.5 since the auth system was taken down and brought back with assist.

Something to consider.

Maybe even implement some sort of icon to show what your past honor was before assist was brought back / w.e.

A lil A with the number or something ( perhaps lessen the butt hurt people )

Offline Alex

Re: A mass honor reset.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 15:10:16 PM »
So if it does absolutely nothing like you say (which is true) then why would we need a reset? What would that accomplish?

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 15:13:51 PM »
My basic point is its an ancient system. Yes, overall pointless but it would better reflect your game play to date. Seeing as AA was completely kicked aside and the brought back by 3rd party.

Since the game has basically been brought back if anything honor should reflect that.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 15:15:55 PM by Dav3 »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 15:38:26 PM »
The only people who care about honor, are the ones with more than 100. And I'm not even sure they do. I actually think it could be a good idea, but it's never gonna happen ..

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 16:09:52 PM »
I feel mixed about this. Admins here have spent a lot of time reclaiming honor for accounts.

I think it would be good to wipe (would have been good to start fresh when Jonny made Assist) but then I also feel that it's pointless and means nothing and the easiest thing to do is to let it be :)
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 16:16:05 PM »
There is literally no benefit in doing such a thing. All it would do is piss people off.

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 16:40:19 PM »
There literally is benefit in doing such a thing.
There is more value in a reset system than an ancient flawed system kicking around with 0 guarantee of authenticity. I suppose there never will be in the virtual world but there were many more flaws back then

It would bring more value to honor being a more current and valid and reflecting the game in its current state. But yes it would have been nice to have happened from the get go

Offline Alex

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 17:39:27 PM »
There literally is benefit in doing such a thing.
There is more value in a reset system than an ancient flawed system kicking around with 0 guarantee of authenticity. I suppose there never will be in the virtual world but there were many more flaws back then

It would bring more value to honor being a more current and valid and reflecting the game in its current state. But yes it would have been nice to have happened from the get go
You failed to list a single benefit.
"honor hackers not having high honor" is not a benefit because, like you said, it is meaningless when it comes to gameplay. Some people are proud of their high honor though, showing that they're veterans of the game. That's really all that  honor is. An honor reset isn't going to do anything positive for the game, it's just going to piss people off.

Offline zoxee

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 17:55:47 PM »
I think the majority of people have had at least more than one account at some point.

I know im not the only one who has had accounts with much higher honor in the past and since lost / cant find them. Ive for example had one in the high 80's, few 60's and who knows how many nub accs.

That being said honor shows absolutely nothing other than how much of your life you have wasted with that specific account.

Not to mention all the honor hacks back in the day. ( Sure some were caught but IIRC it was based on honor compared to date the account was created, if it was ridiculous it was flagged? ) - guaranteed many got by.

I think if they implement training they should also include a mass honor reset and have absolutely every account start fresh at that point. That way you will have much appreciation for your account.

It has also been a "rebirth" of aa2.5 since the auth system was taken down and brought back with assist.

Something to consider.

Maybe even implement some sort of icon to show what your past honor was before assist was brought back / w.e.

A lil A with the number or something ( perhaps lessen the butt hurt people )

This is the best idea ever mentioned in regard of a clean rebirth of this game.
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 18:23:17 PM »
This is the best idea ever mentioned in regard of a clean rebirth of this game.

True it could be a nice rebirth, but why does the game needs a rebirth?
Resetting honor is like deleting someone's pension after a life of labour ..

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 18:51:44 PM »
True it could be a nice rebirth, but why does the game needs a rebirth?
Resetting honor is like deleting someone's pension after a life of labour ..

Yea, thats exactly what its like.

Offline Rapture

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 18:58:48 PM »
as silly as it sounds, it does sound like a good idea. gives all the noobs a chance at weapon selection instead of always being stuck with a gun that no one else wanted

Offline zoxee

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 19:44:49 PM »
after a life of labour ..

For many rather after a Thug life  ;)
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline Mixk

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 20:28:20 PM »
I think that resetting the honor would be asinine. I have had my account for over 10 years and some of us earned every damn point without any hack or cheat of any kind and we are to get penalized? That makes absolutely no sense. All resetting honor is going to do in the end is make the veteran players loose the only real symbol of accomplishment they have to show for this game. Also if it only shows what a waste of life this game is, as you say, why are you even here?
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 20:41:13 PM »
I think that resetting the honor would be asinine. I have had my account for over 10 years and some of us earned every damn point without any hack or cheat of any kind and we are to get penalized? That makes absolutely no sense. All resetting honor is going to do in the end is make the veteran players loose the only real symbol of accomplishment they have to show for this game. Also if it only shows what a waste of life this game is, as you say, why are you even here?

You apparently didnt read about 50% of the thread.

Give you butt hurt "vets" some sort of symbol, maybe even showing ur old honor.

But of course people will cry, no one wants change.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager