Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: A mass honor reset.  (Read 10512 times)

Offline krIz+

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
Re: A mass honor reset.
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 15:29:51 PM »
I've been around AA a while. I could have a high-honor account but I never stuck with 1 account and I never claimed my honor for Assist. You could play me in game and see that I have high honor but own me every round. Honor does not relate to skill, it only shows how much time you've pissed away in-game. If you want a good marker for skill, look at hours played and K/D ratio.
well if you played alot=high honor, more experience, better player, some high honor players are shit, with all that i mean 1 account only, i didnt talked about skill..

Offline Ganja

« Reply #31 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 15:39:40 PM »
If you want a good marker for skill, look at hours played and K/D ratio.

You just said it, hours played still means nothing :D And K/D has become pure bullshit.
The way I check if someone is good is looking at kills/hour and look at his acitivity/popularity

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 15:44:12 PM »
You just said it, hours played still means nothing :D And K/D has become pure bullshit.
The way I check if someone is good is looking at kills/hour and look at his acitivity/popularity

I would wager that by looking at the amount of honor requests that quite a few players created a new account for Assist thus their hours played would be recent and relevant.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 16:47:38 PM »
Honor doesn't say shit look at lordkatar  :D

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline waNted

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 17:03:29 PM »
Well if you played also long range maps like I did, the kill/hour is not as high as someone that just play urban
they see me ROLLIN' they HATIN'

Offline Ganja

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 17:10:41 PM »
Well if you played also long range maps like I did, the kill/hour is not as high as someone that just play urban

That's why you have to look at activity/popularity.
If you don't have much, then you're a one/two mapper noob, and thus not good. If you have high popularity it means you play all maps, so your kills/hour should be average 23/24 I think

Offline waNted

« Reply #36 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 17:13:00 PM »
That's why you have to look at activity/popularity.
If you don't have much, then you're a one/two mapper noob, and thus not good. If you have high popularity it means you play all maps, so your kills/hour should be average 23/24 I think
25, close enough :D
they see me ROLLIN' they HATIN'

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 21:57:01 PM »
Like I mentioned 2 other times. you could always give these guys some sort of special symbol. Maybe one of a cookie. - ie like the donation, army, admin one. But something symbolizing you made it to __, pre rebirth.

I dont want another symbol... i had enough of that crap idea

Just leave it as it is.

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
  • AA: Dav3
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 23:34:14 PM »
Thats all your honor is, a symbol.
Weapon picks should be based only on score from previous round, not time spent on one account.

There are more reasons pro reset than not to. The only real reason not to is people put too much value into some virtual number, n would get all butt hurt.

If not an honor reset, the "power" of slot choice should be swiftly taken away so that the only thing honor represents is life wasted - on that one account.

Offline Mixk

« Reply #39 on: Friday, July 26, 2013, 01:44:28 AM »
If the time we play this game is so meaningless then why are you wasting your valuable time here trying to take away what we have earned?
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #40 on: Friday, July 26, 2013, 02:24:36 AM »
25, close enough :D
22, thank my 900 hours on bridge from back in the days I only played that map :D

Offline Ganja

« Reply #41 on: Friday, July 26, 2013, 05:12:15 AM »
22, thank my 900 hours on bridge from back in the days I only played that map :D

Same here :D
Some guys on bridge got 4 kills/hour, just saying how fast the gameplay is there :)

Offline zoxee

« Reply #42 on: Friday, July 26, 2013, 07:30:48 AM »
Those who cry in fear of losing "what thy earned" just want to keep their high honor
for one simple reason : acknowledgement.
Some just need it to please their ego, others suck in real life but here they count,
they are -someone special-  :D

Furthermore all of you ALREADY MADE HONOR RESETS a million times, how ?
high honor twat always loooooved to make noob accounts and hear real noobs say :
"DAMN, YOU'RE GOOD !". It's not that bad is it ?  ;)

But i agree it's good to still have your high honor because with it you never have to
justify on rainy days or when you suck balls, it's just a bad day.

shake your foundation

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlys8XGya7E[/youtube]
« Last Edit: Friday, July 26, 2013, 08:03:17 AM by zoxee »
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline [SWISS]Angel

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Friday, July 26, 2013, 12:25:02 PM »
I don't know what some of you guys here are smoking... But whatever it is, stop it.
Reset all honor? Why don't you format your computer, just for fun? Because, who needs backups and "documents"?

Why are we even discussing this?

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Friday, July 26, 2013, 12:57:34 PM »
I don't know what some of you guys here are smoking... But whatever it is, stop it.
Reset all honor? Why don't you format your computer, just for fun? Because, who needs backups and "documents"?

Furthermore all of you ALREADY MADE HONOR RESETS a million times, how ?
high honor twat always loooooved to make noob accounts and hear real noobs say :
"DAMN, YOU'RE GOOD !". It's not that bad is it ?  ;)

O.o i am quite speechless. To me, "honour" points as a value don't really mean a lot by theirselves, even if i understand the appeal of having an higher number next to your name...still by your reactions it seems you care about it more than what it's really worth for. I've played games where the ingame level actually serves up to a purpose all around , and even there i think i've never seen so much debate over a number than isn't representative of your skill, but just something similar to a rank insignia.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager