Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: A few questions for a New "Old" Player  (Read 9166 times)

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
Re: A few questions for a New "Old" Player
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 21:21:10 PM »
Yeah, lets ban 80% of the community, pathetic that post...

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 21:43:37 PM »
Are you old enough to have a driving licence?

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 22:11:36 PM »
Yeah, lets ban 80% of the community, pathetic that post...

I'm going out on a limb and guessing that you exploit too?
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 22:20:07 PM »
Am I the only person who doesn't use the quick swap exploit?

Offline wickid

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 00:15:21 AM »
Am I the only person who doesn't use the quick swap exploit?

nope i don't know what the hell quick swap is and i can care a rats ass about the exploit lol

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 06:19:16 AM »
Spanky i said i use it too, but i have seen admins using it, and the majority of aa players, every player with a few AA hours use that exploit, and there is no warning doing that. Spend 1/4 hour on a urban server and see how many times players use that, and cut the crap i'm not giving you any new.

Major-Skrewup you are far to immature to have some conversation and do yourself a favor stop flaming post's, doesn't help on anything...

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 10:34:37 AM »
skrewy has his place on the forums and he has been on here before assist became popular.

And been here for a long time gives him the right of being arrogant and disrespectful?

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #22 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 12:35:32 PM »
Spanky i said i use it too, but i have seen admins using it, and the majority of aa players, every player with a few AA hours use that exploit, and there is no warning doing that. Spend 1/4 hour on a urban server and see how many times players use that, and cut the crap i'm not giving you any new.

Major-Skrewup you are far to immature to have some conversation and do yourself a favor stop flaming post's, doesn't help on anything...
Exploits are something that ruined the game for me when I moved to 2.5. Believe it or not, even though I hacked in 2.3, I never really used exploits on a regular basis. I can't really think of one that I used... maybe setfire a few times... Anyway, on 2.5, for most players it seems that it's more about keybinds and tweaks than it is about playing. I don't know if it's because it's a free game and a lot of immature kids play it or if it's just the game/engine itself... or perhaps both. Other games don't seem to have as many exploits or unfair tweaks as AA does.

Like mans said, Skrewy has his place on this forum. Everybody is welcome here no matter how rude, arrogant or just plain stupid. Just be happy that Skrewy lost his moderator rights a while back.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 13:22:43 PM »
Exploits are something that ruined the game for me when I moved to 2.5. Believe it or not, even though I hacked in 2.3, I never really used exploits on a regular basis. I can't really think of one that I used... maybe setfire a few times... Anyway, on 2.5, for most players it seems that it's more about keybinds and tweaks than it is about playing. I don't know if it's because it's a free game and a lot of immature kids play it or if it's just the game/engine itself... or perhaps both. Other games don't seem to have as many exploits or unfair tweaks as AA does.

Like mans said, Skrewy has his place on this forum. Everybody is welcome here no matter how rude, arrogant or just plain stupid. Just be happy that Skrewy lost his moderator rights a while back.

Well, i used to play Unreal Tournament 2004 some years ago, it was a game made from the start for the community to mod maps and many parts of the gameplay (e.g. mutators). AA simply shares a whole lot of features with Unreal, so it's relatively easy tweaking gameplay related settings in comparison to other games (whether it's made to exploit or rather to benefit of particular settings).

I use to read Skrewy's posts, take out the useless part and keep on reading. Neverthless, at times he is so freaking immature and/or behaving just like your average rough little troll that he gets on my nerves aswell.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #24 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 13:50:48 PM »

Sometimes he makes my day. Sometimes he doesn't. Deal with it lol

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 14:41:10 PM »
just be happy that Skrewy lost his moderator rights a while back.j

What would he do?? lol

Gladly someone has sense and withdrew him as moderator, which gives me some reason about his behavior.

Everybody is welcome here no matter how rude, arrogant or just plain stupid

Every group/community or whatever do you wanna call this should be based on respect and he isn't a role model in that matter, he maybe has his "own space" on forum but that doesn't give him the right of being rude. :-X

I don't use binds or tweaks, the only exploit i use can be used by anyone (nadekey+crouch/jump), can't see how this ruin the game...

« Last Edit: Monday, April 16, 2012, 16:22:12 PM by Yahoo »

Offline blint63

« Reply #26 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 15:57:48 PM »
Is it possible to restrict quickswap with Hackhunter? I see more and more ppl. using it, even though the majority is still playing the fair way (including myself, ive never ever used any exploit).

Offline ZakuAce

• Needs moar ROE
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 00:44:06 AM »
WAAAAHHHHH SOMEONE MADE FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!

Also Spanky, I'm pretty sure EVERYONE used setfire on 2.3

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 01:23:14 AM »
I'm pretty sure I never used it regularly. Maybe a few times but certainly not more than 5% of gameplay.

It just proves my point, it seems like everybody tweaks and exploits. To have a level playing field, you have to know all of these and use them.

Offline pit-23

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 08:11:51 AM »
To have a level playing field, you have to know all of these and use them.

Not true, the effect of those is minimal in the long run. It's incomparable to attributes like reflex, accuracy, proper using of sound, knowledge of the map, and intelligent playing.

No exploits will save an average player using all possible exploits from being fragged into oblivion by a good player with several thousand hours record on a given map.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager