Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: The ( unofficial ) America's Army 2.5 Assist Event Calendar!  (Read 8000 times)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

Re: The America's Army 2.5 Assist Event Calendar!
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 07:39:29 AM »
every Thursday is "SF Extraction Day" on [SWISS] server.
starting 20.00 CEST

Offline The Mentalist

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 08:39:52 AM »
every Thursday is "SF Extraction Day" on [SWISS] server.
starting 20.00 CEST

Make sure to announce it every thursday ok. It will keep the topic alive, advertise the event and this way I know for sure that you or at least one SWISS member is going to be on the server.

For now, I added the event for the upcoming 4 weeks ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated the FAQ.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 08:58:31 AM by Jelle Mees »

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 10:57:42 AM »
thanks - I will be there :)

Offline The Mentalist

« Reply #18 on: Friday, May 22, 2015, 12:32:46 PM »
This evening it's "Raid" Night on the HT server s4. It starts at 19h EST. First hour it's swamp Raid, 2nd hour it's JRTC Farm Raid and the last hour it's HQ Raid. Unfortunatly I can't make it in time, but I do hope other players try to play another map! If enough players show up, then HT might do this more often!

Offline The Mentalist

Re: The ( unofficial ) America's Army 2.5 Assist Event Calendar!
« Reply #19 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 09:41:58 AM »
_PAM_ is hosting "SE Maps Night!" this evening. ( 28/05 ) We will play all "SE" maps.

18h30-19h15: Urban Assault SE
 19h15-20h00: Weapon Cache SE
 20h00-20h45: Bridge SE
 20h45-21h30: Mountain Pass SE

Server: America's Army Assist Event|SE Maps Night!|28-may-2015

Weapon slots are closed, forceclassing 1/7 rounds or on demand, no forced teamswaps!

After this I'm joining the SWISS server to play SF Extraction!

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #20 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 12:04:03 PM »
To keep the discussion in this thread...

Yes, the Google Calendar here doesn't look as pretty as the events page you made, Mentalist. But there's a few reasons why I went with it;
- We already have a Google account.
- It's easy to use and convert times for.
- Easy to integrate into this site.

I wouldn't use an iframe going to your site. I know the Google Calendar uses one but I trust their security and uptime more than any other website, including this one.

So, what do we do? I could host your files here and integrate it into AAO25. But, you'd be relinquishing your control of files and database since I don't really feel comfortable granting FTP access. How do we come to a win-win?
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline The Mentalist

« Reply #21 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 13:48:02 PM »
To keep the discussion in this thread...

Yes, the Google Calendar here doesn't look as pretty as the events page you made, Mentalist. But there's a few reasons why I went with it;
- We already have a Google account.
- It's easy to use and convert times for.
- Easy to integrate into this site.

I wouldn't use an iframe going to your site. I know the Google Calendar uses one but I trust their security and uptime more than any other website, including this one.

So, what do we do? I could host your files here and integrate it into AAO25. But, you'd be relinquishing your control of files and database since I don't really feel comfortable granting FTP access. How do we come to a win-win?

Maybe you let me continue working on this project? I renamed the topic and added ( unofficial ) to it. I also added a link in the beginning in the topic that brings players to the latest reply in this topic.

I'll have to get more clanleaders behind it in order to work. And in order to do that, I still have a lot of things to do.

In addition, all events hosted by the PAM clan will not be hosted on the PAM server. I will use different config files and want to grant admin acces to all big clan day admins. I think this is the best way in order to make some events succesfull.

And spanky, maybe you can just refer your "Events" link at the top to this topic? This way, all the events can be read on this website and players don't actually have to leave this site in order to view them. Only if they want to view all upcoming events in one page, the'll have to click on the external link.

Or you can continue working on a simular project, try to get admins behind it, manage it with lots of dedication like I'm planning on doing. But I'm asking for a chance. You can evaluate it and see what you want to do after a couple of months?
« Last Edit: Monday, May 25, 2015, 13:57:02 PM by The Mentalist »

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, May 28, 2015, 11:54:21 AM »
you did a great job Jelle, but we need to hold this community at one place. and therefor is stand and fight (if needed). hope you can forgive me for that :)

I can work on the google calendar - to put the dates, time from the events in. but give me some time now.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, May 28, 2015, 14:22:43 PM »
And spanky, maybe you can just refer your "Events" link at the top to this topic? This way, all the events can be read on this website and players don't actually have to leave this site in order to view them. Only if they want to view all upcoming events in one page, the'll have to click on the external link.
Less clicking = better. People don't even like coming to this site let alone hunting through links to find information. It needs to be as direct as possible.

Let's work something out, really. Maybe I can give you FTP access to a folder and do some redirecting to put the events page there. Then what else do you need, MySQL database?

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, May 28, 2015, 15:10:04 PM »
btw you can cancel my event - you do another on the same date - enjoy then your date.
im out - you do look for your own - i do look for the community.
good luck

Offline The Mentalist

« Reply #25 on: Thursday, May 28, 2015, 16:24:12 PM »
Less clicking = better. People don't even like coming to this site let alone hunting through links to find information. It needs to be as direct as possible.

Let's work something out, really. Maybe I can give you FTP access to a folder and do some redirecting to put the events page there. Then what else do you need, MySQL database?

Just do your thing Spanky. You clearly don't trust me. You could have tried with a subdomain and see how I managed it. If i did anything rong, the redirect could have been disabled in a mather of minutes. Instead a new page got added and nobody has done anythign with it since it's online.

Good look. I wish you a lot of succes with it. I mean it. Like i sad many times before. "Power" or "controll" is not what I want. I want an active AA community that plays more then hospital and pipeline.

I was already adding accounts for the calendar, but there is no point to keep on working at this...

btw you can cancel my event - you do another on the same date - enjoy then your date.
im out - you do look for your own - i do look for the community.
good luck

It was the only time in the week that i had time for it. I have to be sure that I can be online for 3 hours. And I was planning on joining your server after 9:30 this everning, but I did not see an extraction server this evening.

And I did not look for my own :( I renamed the server, there was nothing PAM related on it. If you had joined, you would have noticed that you and other BCD admins had admin rights on the server. I also clearly posted that I would join your server at 9:30, I didn't know that SF Extraction night doesn't run for more then an hour. I thaught you guys really played for hours on Extraction avery Thursday.

I talked to you on teamspeak and I think we can both agree on this. When somebody comes up with an idea, there is no support, only negative feedback. So yeah, I'm closing the calendar and I'm looking forward to what the Assist admins come up with in order to make it a succes.

It's impossible to do anything in this community without pissing of multiple community-members. I'll just keep on supporting BCD, hoping that this also didn't get discontinued...

And I really don't want this topic to become another fight between players. There is already enough of that in the shoutbox. Topic closed.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, May 28, 2015, 17:06:58 PM »
Just do your thing Spanky. You clearly don't trust me. You could have tried with a subdomain and see how I managed it. If i did anything rong, the redirect could have been disabled in a mather of minutes. Instead a new page got added and nobody has done anythign with it since it's online.

Good look. I wish you a lot of succes with it. I mean it. Like i sad many times before. "Power" or "controll" is not what I want. I want an active AA community that plays more then hospital and pipeline.

I was already adding accounts for the calendar, but there is no point to keep on working at this...

You're misunderstanding me. I'm genuinely wanting to work something out since this is something long overdue and much needed for the community. The only problem I have is trying to figure out how to accomplish it cleanly. A subdomain isn't ideal, nor is a separate directory. You don't know how this site is coded and how things are implemented in terms of structure.

I added a new page with the Google Calendar because it's something easily done and many people can use it. I'm disappointed that nobody has but that's out of my control. I know pretty much nothing about the goings on in-game and upcoming events, I'm not suited to be adding them to the calendar.

I like your design and features MUCH better than the Google Calendar, no doubt about that. Again, my only issue is how to implement it cleanly like it's meant to be part of this site. Seriously, let's work something out over PM. I'd hate to see your talent and desire to contribute be ignored/forgotten.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, May 28, 2015, 17:56:44 PM »
LOL, again a new idea gets bombarded by the assist admins wanting to be dictators.

this is just not true. the admins are doing the best they can to keep this community together. and this do mean a lot of work - for free. if you would know how much shit those admins have been taken for many steps they did - started with unprofessional releases and much more - then you would just be quiet now.

Jelle, we did talk today more then 30 minutes about it. and I was not fair with my words on this thread. I was just wrong. sorry about it.

don't do the same mistake as I did with you to Spanky. he is one of the 3-4 admins in here who is looking and helping all the time for this game to continue. a good idea could be born in a second, but to bring it into reality with the best possible result isn't that easy sometimes. this i am sure you do understand. so give all some time to find the best way on that. I really hope you do.

maybe the new event calendar - what that ever will be - can handle then double events :D

good night and thanks for helping!

Offline ronski

« Reply #28 on: Saturday, May 30, 2015, 06:19:21 AM »
With double events, do you mean events that are dated for the same day and time? Was the problem that its not yet possible, or was possibility of that disabled?

Like I said in another thread I like too how Mentalist your calendar looks and works. Only thing that I was worried about was the idea of having two whole different location of data and its handling files. I guess both of these systems are based on php and their needs about server setup is the same, so they should work like a charm in same server, domain and sql-server. Would the solution be to create own table for events to same sql server, so background systems and their sql-queries are not making any harm for each other? If foldering is a problem, would there be a .htaccess rule to solve it? And of course administrating events need powerusers which could be found from another table.

You might have solved this some way already in PM, sorry if Im only confusing more.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #29 on: Saturday, May 30, 2015, 07:44:02 AM »
With double events, do you mean events that are dated for the same day and time?

yes. but problem solved.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager