Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Failed to verify  (Read 2212 times)

Offline kapa

• View Profile
  • AA: kapa_1
Failed to verify
« on: Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 13:08:06 PM »
Hi,

after some months I decided to check the 25Assist... and I now I am bit puzzled...
I downloaded latest version for Linux, and tried to run it. First some download happened, but then came message:

"Failed to verify vital components, Please check you internet connection and write permissions to the assist folder and then retry"

I have not invented a way forward from this one . Can anyone give an advice how to install (clean install I think) 25Assist?

br K

Offline 82nd_DXO_COL=Shad

Re: Failed to verify
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 22:28:50 PM »
I don't know much about the linux client but I'm assuming either the directory you started with doesn't have write permissions (so there would be no files in addition to what you had before you ran it) or that linux distro doesn't have the md5 checksum values appropriately baked in with the new client (it created/downloaded files, but has a bad checksum).  Surely there's an install log that it creates that goes into more detail...

Offline kapa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, September 19, 2013, 03:57:53 AM »
I don't know much about the linux client but I'm assuming either the directory you started with doesn't have write permissions (so there would be no files in addition to what you had before you ran it) or that linux distro doesn't have the md5 checksum values appropriately baked in with the new client (it created/downloaded files, but has a bad checksum).  Surely there's an install log that it creates that goes into more detail...

Unfortunately I do not find any install log files :(
There is another thread also, perhaps there are something in the package that prevents Linux users to play the game.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, September 19, 2013, 22:35:19 PM »
Try again, I've uploaded a file that was missing.

Offline kapa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 05:22:03 AM »
I am writing this message in the middle of download, but at least it is proceeding.
Downloads will take time, because I made clean install to my computer (switched to ext4 fs and put SSD). But at least it is now progressing!
Thank you! I might play a bit during the winter time  :style:

EDIT: It worked, installation were okay and game is on. Thank you!
« Last Edit: Friday, September 20, 2013, 06:21:25 AM by kapa »

Offline Eximius

« Reply #5 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 13:46:41 PM »
i agree, it is working and at fast speeds, great job from somebody somewhere whom worked on solving this  :up:

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager