Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Cant play  (Read 3821 times)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

Re: Cant play
« Reply #15 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 02:54:59 AM »
I cant play, every time i enter a server, the same error keeps poping up

delete your assist folder and do a new installation. then it should work again.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #16 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 08:53:40 AM »
I do too, in fact I'm pretty sure most of the players play on Windows 7 nowadays, without eve knowing they have "inferior sound".

Yup, it's all about getting used to it. Even if i have same sound since 5 years, I learn to hear more, focus on specific sounds etc. Too high sound is like wallhack, no interest

Offline akrapovic

« Reply #17 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 10:04:25 AM »
Gonna try that and reinstall everything.

Thanks

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #18 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 10:49:37 AM »
very welcome  :up:

Online teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #19 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 10:55:36 AM »
Too high sound is like wallhack, no interest
Not only that, but it hurts my ears damn it! I'm not playing this to have my ears bleed, I'm playing to have fun.

But to be honest, I think the way people try and hear things from further away is still messing with the equalizer, trying to make sounds they're looking for stand out more from the background noise.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Ganja

« Reply #20 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 11:10:49 AM »
But to be honest, I think the way people try and hear things from further away is still messing with the equalizer, trying to make sounds they're looking for stand out more from the background noise.

I think some players (won't give any names) disabled the sound of smokes to hear better
« Last Edit: Friday, September 20, 2013, 11:42:32 AM by Ganja »

Online teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #21 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 11:23:02 AM »
I don't think that is possible. (Although it might be, I've never tried or anything...)
And even if it is, I'd at least hope the admins have banned it.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Rapture

« Reply #22 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 11:24:32 AM »
its possible, but first violation is 1 week ban 2nd violation is perm ban

as far as 3rd party equalizer, idk never tried and really not interested in messing with that :D

edit: i do the same as my buddy ^^ there. i focus on particular sounds more. if u learn to focus on different footstep noises (wood,concrete,dirt, snow) u can pretty much figure out where e is

example: if your on 2nd or 3rd floor in Weapons Cache and u hear a e on first floor walking and it sounds like wood, then he's probably on top of a crate at either end of hall by stairs or maybe trying to get ontop of a pallet. But if it's a concrete sound then hes walking on flooring obviously
« Last Edit: Friday, September 20, 2013, 11:32:55 AM by Rapture »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #23 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 11:39:43 AM »
I've played scrims lately against people who can hear you cook a flash, while 3 smokes are around you, from an average distance ...

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager