Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: 2 Trial Public Community Administered Servers hosted by .^a  (Read 3755 times)

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
  • AA: Dav3
2 Trial Public Community Administered Servers hosted by .^a
« on: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 14:20:22 PM »
We have set up 2 Public Community Administered Servers as something new to try. - In addition to the AAO 2.5 "official servers"

We have 6 servers up at the moment, and 2 are being run in this manner to begin with. We can make additions and or changes if it is successful or requested. - These are run on a dedicated server and a server connection ( Not in someones closet ) It is located in Canada. Pings for all North American players I have seen so far have been quite good.

Forums and website are still being worked on.

A Teamspeak server will also be setup for all players to join. A channel for each server, with sub channels for each team - Def and Assault

In a nut shell / the idea:

1.) These servers are going to have various admins that are not members of the Above Average clan - .^a

2.) These players are going to be reviewed, deemed responsible, and have vague guidelines as to how to administer the servers ( They can not just go around doing w.e they feel like, banning anyone and everyone for bs reasons or swap the map if people are using it ) - In an attempt to keep options available for AA2.5 players and help in the success of the game. ( More specifically North American server options )

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

The admin guidelines / "rules" if you will:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

1.) Map selection and changing:

I.) If the server is empty - Change it as you please or feel would be a popular choice - No restriction.

II.) If the server has UNDER 6 players - Do not change - If it stays at relatively few players for quite some time, make an attempt to get input from the players if they would like to try a new map ( if more people are not joining ) - Remember there are 2 at the moment so you can always start the 2nd on a different map

III.) If the server has OVER 6 players - Leave it be - If there is suggestions for a new map / map change - ask in "admin message" a few times to gain the attention of players - ask for suggestions, then conduct a vote. - Aim to keep the MAJORITY happy. Aim for a total of at least 50% favor in the new map - If people do not respond, just leave it be. - Remember there are 2 at the moment so you can always start the 2nd on a diff map so long as it is not active.

2.) Banning / moderation:

There are 3 general reasons to ban and all will be covered. Cheating / hacking, abuse, and team killing.
If you ban someone - you are to note it down in forums, all bans will be reviewed and should have a reason

I.) Cheating / hacking: NEVER ban on a "whim" - Obtain solid proof, post suspicions on forums - if deemed a hacker / cheater, they will be permanently banned. - Or of course if it is an outright crazy hacker killing everyone - ban then then inform via forums.

II.) Abuse: No abuse or harassment toward players or admins will be tolerated. Talking shit and joking around is of course absolutely fine and ENCOURAGED. - DO NOT make judgment and act as an admin if you merely see people swearing or talking shit. - If however someone is tossing racist lude harassing comments at a user or admin - warn them. If they continue Mute them. Do not ban these players unless they escalate further to TKing for example.

III.) Team Killing: Accidental team kills are of course not of concern - Intentional TKs are to get a warning. Then a temporary 3 day ban. If a player is deemed a repeat offender it will be a permanent ban until or if it is ever appealed or reviewed.

3.) General admin / moderator conduct:

I.) Follow the above guidelines. - Aim to make these servers successful and aid in the AA2.5 community thriving.

II.) Be respectful, fair and "professional" at all times.

III.) Do not be obnoxious or power happy - Do not make threats, abuse your power, or be obnoxious spamming in admin message and admin say.

Complaints against admins / moderators will be taken seriously - but have proof. Bans and conduct will be reviewed if needed.

Lastly, who agrees those are fair non biased admin guidelines and is interested in having admin to 2 servers?

Admins should be known to be fair and respectful, and liked among the community - If I dont know you we would like brief background info.

Details can be hammered out, suggestions are always welcome.
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 14:29:27 PM by Dav3 »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: 2 Trial Public Community Administered Servers hosted by .^a
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 14:49:48 PM »
Let's keep this on-topic. For all off-topic discussion, see this thread:
http://aao25.com/general-chat-90/re-dav3's-a-community-servers/
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Ganja

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, December 01, 2013, 06:27:16 AM »
I don't really understand why everyone got so emotive on this.

I believe such servers should be encouraged. It's a pity they are Canadian servers, I'd love to see some EU making the same initiative, instead of all being banhappy on their own server.

Ok maybe it's a little funny that it's Dave going for that initiative, but hell, it's a nice gesture ... I hope the servers will be played on more original maps than the ones already played.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, December 01, 2013, 07:45:13 AM »
I saw the server on FLS Assault yesterday (with over 10 people if I'm not mistaken).

Unfortunately, they changed it to Yeti's lair as soon as I joined..
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Saltuarius

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, December 01, 2013, 08:02:47 AM »
best would be it comes from aao25.com itself and marked as an official server, as there were accusations on ego-intentions. i dont think there would be costs, if u put an ad of the hosting company on the page and in the servername. they're always willin to make such deals. then the community can decide who should be admin etc.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager