Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: CVAR kick Mouseweel UP Alt Fire  (Read 5217 times)

Offline Baloo

Re: CVAR kick Mouseweel UP Alt Fire
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 09:15:41 AM »
I use both "V" and mid mousebutton(scrollwheel) for alt fire.
When I roll or cook a nade I use "V" and when I switch fire mode I use mid mouse button.
Works perfect for me atleast.

Offline kaledo

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 09:55:34 AM »
I use both "V" and mid mousebutton(scrollwheel) for alt fire.
When I roll or cook a nade I use "V" and when I switch fire mode I use mid mouse button.
Works perfect for me atleast.
eh yes, i was cooking a nade in this way and was great for me :cry: :cry: :cry: and now? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Offline B@lestra^

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 15:38:43 PM »
Like i've said earlier. If you have a 4-way mousewheel you can make use of it and it will be pretty much the same, imo even better. Back then and until v7.14 was released and blocked these settings i had put Z on left mousewheel click (also cooking nades) and H for supported/203 on the right mousewheel, that means i had to make a scroll movement from mid-top for altfire/nade cooking and a a scroll movement from mid to down for supported/203.
Depending on your mousewheelscroll characteristics it could possibly happen that you make more scrolls than neccessary.

With my current mouse configuration i just tick the mousewheel to left(Z) or right(H). These are even smaller movements if you compare it to my 'before-v7.14 mouse configuration', especially if you have messy mouse(scroll)wheel.

I like it and i recommend it if you want an alternative key binding configured solely on your mouse instead of keyboard bindings.

Offline kaledo

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 17:29:52 PM »
Like i've said earlier. If you have a 4-way mousewheel you can make use of it and it will be pretty much the same, imo even better. Back then and until v7.14 was released and blocked these settings i had put Z on left mousewheel click (also cooking nades) and H for supported/203 on the right mousewheel, that means i had to make a scroll movement from mid-top for altfire/nade cooking and a a scroll movement from mid to down for supported/203.
Depending on your mousewheelscroll characteristics it could possibly happen that you make more scrolls than neccessary.

With my current mouse configuration i just tick the mousewheel to left(Z) or right(H). These are even smaller movements if you compare it to my 'before-v7.14 mouse configuration', especially if you have messy mouse(scroll)wheel.

I like it and i recommend it if you want an alternative key binding configured solely on your mouse instead of keyboard bindings.

thanks for suggestions  :up:

Offline @xe

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 21:00:38 PM »
This may seam an inconvenience for some but the point was they needed to get the command Fire off the scroll to stop the single shot noobs using it as an auto for less recoil simple as that.

Yes if you have a mouse that does macros you could set that to use another key as a fire button, nothing can control that but at least they are making an attempt to equal the playing field.

Offline B@lestra^

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2012, 05:59:14 AM »
This may seam an inconvenience for some but the point was they needed to get the command Fire off the scroll to stop the single shot noobs using it as an auto for less recoil simple as that.

Yes if you have a mouse that does macros you could set that to use another key as a fire button, nothing can control that but at least they are making an attempt to equal the playing field.

With my suggestion you don't need to make a macro. Just play with the default AA2 ingame control settings for altfire 'Z' and supported/203 'H'. Then assign on your 4-way mousewheel the right mousewheel button with the letter H (to tick to the left) and the left mousewheel button (to tick it to the right) with the letter Z.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2012, 18:45:08 PM »
yesterday I removed this cvars OLNY, period.
BUT , it will only be removed on servers that have had a restart(read stopped on assist client/ ded. server) since I changed it.

looks like some  AA players don't know how to remove their binds / change their keys or even dont know what the kick is about :/

Balestra, I saw on IE that your signature was incorrect, I fixed it. hope u wanted it to be lol;
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 19, 2012, 19:22:10 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline B@lestra^

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, December 26, 2012, 05:13:14 AM »
yesterday I removed this cvars OLNY, period.
BUT , it will only be removed on servers that have had a restart(read stopped on assist client/ ded. server) since I changed it.

looks like some  AA players don't know how to remove their binds / change their keys or even dont know what the kick is about :/

Does that mean, that you can bind altfire with mousewheel again?

Balestra, I saw on IE that your signature was incorrect, I fixed it. hope u wanted it to be lol;

Dunno what you are talking about since i don't use IE, but if it was for a good reason, why not.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, December 26, 2012, 12:34:26 PM »
Does that mean, that you can bind altfire with mousewheel again?

Dunno what you are talking about since i don't use IE, but if it was for a good reason, why not.
1 - yeah
2 - I was using IE :)
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager