Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: 1 computer and 2 users  (Read 5166 times)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

1 computer and 2 users
« on: Thursday, October 31, 2013, 07:17:58 AM »
hi admins

a friend of mine is asking me about a old problem and i only have the answer about because of the multiple accounts of some hackers.

why is it not possible to use 1 computer with 2 accounts he did ask me. his father is a truck driver and he would like to play also aa2 in the meantime he is away at work. for them it would be ok to get banned at both accounts by a hacking ban.

shouldn't there be a way to get out of that 1 account for 1 player if you could ban both accounts if one is catched for hacking?

i hope you have a idea about that. would be great!

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: 1 computer and 2 users
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 31, 2013, 10:08:33 AM »
People are allowed to play on only one account on one PC. As for the reasons, I'm guessing they were thoroughly discussed when the rule was implemented, but I was away so I don't know what the main points where. (I'm guessing to have less "cheater!" accusation on noob accounts and to lessen the anonymity (or increase responsibility of ones actions) ).

And Merlin, my friend, I can't really understand 100% what you're trying to say here. I understand you have a friend, who's dad is a truck driver, who  plays this game. Now your friend wants to play it as well, on the same computer I'm guessing. What I don't get is what's with the "for them it would be ok to get banned at both accounts by a hacking ban."? Are you saying they're planing to cheat on the game? Or are you just trying to say that the only reason to ban someone from the game should be cheating and not two people sharing a computer.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 31, 2013, 11:50:20 AM »
hi teddy

for the fist part i do know exactly why it was implemented like it is now :) - this is not the point.

the point is the second part. and sure they do not want to cheat. but as a solution for those who would like to play with 2 accounts on 1 computer, it could be - if some of them are catched as cheater - to accept the ban for those 2 accounts. so i mean it could be like the commitment you do when you install the aa25assist, you have to say - yes, i am agree when 1 account would be catched - dosnt' matter the reason - you can bann both accounts related to this computer. so easy and more players and more fun with that - and no bigger risk at it is already now.

my friends would accept this rule (and they wouldn't if a hacking mind would lead them).

btw: you are right, this case with 1 player 1 computer was many many many many times discussed. but maybe with a new idea it could change, right? the world is still rotating ... :)

Offline Dialects

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 31, 2013, 12:09:00 PM »
for them it would be ok to get banned at both accounts by a hacking ban.

shouldn't there be a way to get out of that 1 account for 1 player if you could ban both accounts if one is catched for hacking?

Whereas this is an odd argument to start with, I think what Merlin is trying to say is that they're open to the possibility of account for any responsibility that may be urged in case any one of their accounts is caught hacking/cheating thus leading to the banning of both the accounts being used on the computer.

As for why we've implemented the "One account per computer", teddy has explained it well. It is both a way of cutting the amount of hackers as well as to keep the community familiar. I am not sure how flexible this rule is though; nor whether or not precedents should and/or may be open to cases like the aforementioned.

I'll bring it to the Admin's attention and let you know how it goes.

/Dan
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 31, 2013, 12:53:24 PM »
hi teddy

for the fist part i do know exactly why it was implemented like it is now :) - this is not the point.

the point is the second part. and sure they do not want to cheat. but as a solution for those who would like to play with 2 accounts on 1 computer, it could be - if some of them are catched as cheater - to accept the ban for those 2 accounts. so i mean it could be like the commitment you do when you install the aa25assist, you have to say - yes, i am agree when 1 account would be catched - dosnt' matter the reason - you can bann both accounts related to this computer. so easy and more players and more fun with that - and no bigger risk at it is already now.

my friends would accept this rule (and they wouldn't if a hacking mind would lead them).

btw: you are right, this case with 1 player 1 computer was many many many many times discussed. but maybe with a new idea it could change, right? the world is still rotating ... :)
I think I see what you're saying. But it's actually always stood that if a player is caught hacking/cheating all of his account will be banned as well as the other accounts used on the same computer. There is simply no way for an admin here to know whether it was person A playing or person B, plus if one was caught using something illegal, doesn't mean the other one didn't or wouldn't use it in the future, since the program is already on the computer.

And as much as I've visited these here forums, I've yet to see somebody being told it's OK to play on 2 accounts on one computer even with 2 different people involved. Granted, there might have been such an incident and I might have missed it, and of course such compromises might have been made privately just to insure that the whole community wouldn't go and demand they have a 2nd account on their computer as well for their cousin who visits every 2 months.

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Rapture

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 31, 2013, 13:00:35 PM »
i believe the bottom line is "1 ACCT PER COMPUTER" its been mentioned time and time again.

Offline Choogelaar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, October 31, 2013, 14:41:57 PM »
well i think its SAD that this is been done like this  cause what if you only have 1 pc and your child wants to play to ? they are SOL than?? + if you have more than 1 pc but the one you always play on something breaks in the pc so you cannot load anything( i mean the OS and than the game) im not able to play on a different pc where another person with an account has already  been playing on ,i cannot change to my own account?? ,,,i mean i can understand the fact you guys want to get RID of the cheaters and hackers that are ruining the game but does that really have to punch all the clean players in the face because of them ? btw the guy merlin is talking about i know him to aswell the father is a truckdriver and likes to play AA on the days he is home  but his son is at home most of the time when he is not in school and he wants to play on his own account this guy has been playing the game for about 6 to 8 years or so always with his own account ,and now because of the new rule in AA he aint gonna be able to play on his own account no more ? i thought the reason was to get more people to play the game not to get rid of players!!( if people are clean and their linked accounts are clean ,i dont see the problem of allowing them to play the game)  if people start cheating BAN them all ,,,,,

Offline Rapture

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, October 31, 2013, 16:08:52 PM »
there may be an exception to this. I would have to let EliZ chime in on this. But as far as i know, only 1 acct per pc

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, October 31, 2013, 17:00:57 PM »
There is nothing that prevents anyone from playing with 2 accounts on the same computer.
The only check that active by default is when a new account in created.
So if you try to create a new account on a computer that already has an account played on, it will be denied.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, October 31, 2013, 17:04:06 PM »
The problem is that if multiple accounts are allowed on the same computer, everybody that wants a new account will just say "but my dad wants to play".
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, October 31, 2013, 17:15:10 PM »
But I don't live with my dad.

Wait, did I just waste that excuse?

It's my brother then!

Offline Mixk

« Reply #11 on: Friday, November 01, 2013, 11:13:57 AM »
Oh well my dad wants to play also and I know there an old puter here somewhere. Now where is that old Timex Sinclair 1000 and my tape recorder?  :lmao: :lmao:
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday, November 01, 2013, 12:01:03 PM »
I don't think there's anything wrong with 2 accounts per 1 computer, anything goes wrong u can ban both accounts,

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #13 on: Friday, November 01, 2013, 12:40:39 PM »
I don't think there's anything wrong with 2 accounts per 1 computer, anything goes wrong u can ban both accounts,

yes, thank you. you understud, hope others will do so too.
thats exactly the point.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, November 02, 2013, 11:52:10 AM »
The problem is that if multiple accounts are allowed on the same computer, everybody that wants a new account will just say "but my dad wants to play".

there should be a maximum of 2 accounts per compuer. and you can ban both accounts on that computer if you catch one as a cheater. not everybody has 6 computers at home, right?

thanks for thinking about, would be great to have that with 2/1.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager