Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: "Wallhacking" - New input  (Read 6375 times)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: "Wallhacking" - New input
« Reply #15 on: Friday, August 03, 2012, 12:33:27 PM »
we talked about this a while ago and it should be in the next cvar update.
So you're saying the next CVARs will kick for having shadows on? Some people might not even understand what they're kicked for as you can enable them in game...
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Thrice

• View Profile
  • AA: Thrice
« Reply #16 on: Friday, August 03, 2012, 13:25:06 PM »
You also need to get rid of that ridiculous sound tweaks.
With these tweaks you can hear enemies across the whole map and even pinpoint them down.

Offline waNted

« Reply #17 on: Friday, August 03, 2012, 13:36:34 PM »
With good headphones, soundcard and eq settings you don't need sound tweaks to hear people from the other side of the map
they see me ROLLIN' they HATIN'

Offline zoxee

« Reply #18 on: Friday, August 03, 2012, 13:42:07 PM »
So you're saying the next CVARs will kick for having shadows on? Some people might not even understand what they're kicked for as you can enable them in game...

if shadows stretch up to 3 meters long and cross walls, that should be reason enough
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline eKC0mm

« Reply #19 on: Friday, August 03, 2012, 13:56:43 PM »
With good headphones, soundcard and eq settings you don't need sound tweaks to hear people from the other side of the map
eKComm - Team Non-Sense

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #20 on: Friday, August 03, 2012, 14:02:20 PM »
if shadows stretch up to 3 meters long and cross walls, that should be reason enough
Sure, I understand, but then I'd suggest an Assist update that removes the option from the game.

The problem is that if you have a half-decent rig, most people will want to raise all the settings to "highest", and shadows as "Full" sure looks like a higher setting than "Blob" or "None"...
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline zoxee

« Reply #21 on: Friday, August 03, 2012, 16:14:27 PM »
as someone with a decent computer whose always had shadows on highest if your a little bitch hiding in the corner tight enough for your shadow to go through and alert others you deserve to die. this isnt as game braking as you make it sound

Well i saw u playin already, thought you'd be thankful for that rule  :D
« Last Edit: Friday, August 03, 2012, 16:53:02 PM by zoxee »
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager