Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: X-Fire sold.  (Read 1702 times)

Offline Alex

X-Fire sold.
« on: Monday, August 02, 2010, 21:32:02 PM »
Viacom has sold X-fire. While there is no official press release or information as to who has bought it at this time, an ex x-fire team member has said that Titan Gaming has bought X-fire. Remember, the buyer is unofficial, but X-fire was definitely sold.

http://www.xfire.com/blog/artaxs/2073180/

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: X-Fire sold.
« Reply #1 on: Monday, August 02, 2010, 22:19:08 PM »
I saw this in a system broadcast message. Doesn't really concern me either way, I find I'm using X-Fire less and less. I don't think it was as big as it once was.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #2 on: Monday, August 02, 2010, 22:29:40 PM »
I saw this in a system broadcast message. Doesn't really concern me either way, I find I'm using X-Fire less and less. I don't think it was as big as it once was.
I don't think they will shut down X-fire though. Over one million users sign into X-fire everyday. I would say it is still pretty big and there is plenty to profit from.

X-fire is simply the best gaming and communication program around. It would be sad to see it go under. There are other substitutes but none have as many features or are as polished as x-fire.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #3 on: Monday, August 02, 2010, 22:34:50 PM »
I don't think it will go down either but it just seems less and less used and liked. The only edge they have is in-game chat really. I used to use it a lot but now only for the rare chat and counting the hours I piss away on games.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #4 on: Monday, August 02, 2010, 22:39:01 PM »
I don't think it will go down either but it just seems less and less used and liked. The only edge they have is in-game chat really. I used to use it a lot but now only for the rare chat and counting the hours I piss away on games.

It is also the only program (to my knowledge) that tracks most games and allows in-game chat for every game it supports. I also love how you can take screenshots, videos, and actually stream live video from a game you are playing so others can watch you.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager