Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Working Linux drivers for some usb wifi  (Read 5256 times)

Offline Pipez0r

Working Linux drivers for some usb wifi
« on: Friday, July 17, 2015, 03:30:06 AM »
If someone cant get their Ralink / Mediatek based usb wifi dongles to work on Ubuntu/Mint, I have drivers for some of them, that are fixed.

For some years there are no working drivers for them, for example Asus usb-ac51 and Syslink or whatever, with mt7610u 7650u etc chipset. Some workaround tries work until connecting, and then it causes kernel panic.

Did much of work and now I have driver that works with Kernel 3.16 on 64-bit Linux, tested on Ubuntu 14.04. Wifi will work without kernel panic, but only with AC (5G wifi), not with 2.4G.

I havent uploaded it yet anywhere, will later post a link but before that you can request it from me.

Also if your onboard surround audio works on Linux only as stereo, I found a fix for it.

Offline Shaglok

Re: Working Linux drivers for some usb wifi
« Reply #1 on: Monday, November 30, 2015, 14:21:36 PM »
Hello, @Pipez0r.

Sorry for upping this old post. I am looking for the mt7610u drivers. Can you please upload them? I always get kernel panic with the drivers I found.

Thanks!

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, December 01, 2015, 12:58:10 PM »
Ok, when I get to my pc I will :) it works only with 5g, not 2,4g wifi.

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 01, 2015, 13:05:23 PM »
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B92RnhNvuqmnWG1DRERXUUgzY1E

Try if this link works. I think that is the "fixed" version, which doesnt cause kernel panic. Im happy if someone finds help with it, because it was a hard work to fix it without c++ skills :D

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, December 01, 2015, 13:44:32 PM »
And by the way, I dont know if you are familiar with this game or you just googled for these drivers. If you havent played americas army 2, you should give it a try, it has also Linux version :) its a  very good and addictive online game, the beginning can just be a little bit difficult but after it, it gets more and more interesting when you get better in it:)

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, December 01, 2015, 14:05:49 PM »
Oh I forgot to mention something about the driver.

It is made ONLY to work with asus usb ac51. Theres a thing that needs to be done with other wifi adapters: in one code file, theres a list of adapters. In this edition theres just one. I dont remember which file it is. You can find it so:

In terminal, type lsusb to find out the info of your device. Find in driver files a file that has similar number/letter serie, add the number of your device to that file like ac51 is in it. Im sorry, I dont remember the filename.. but check every file that name includes something like adapter, device, usb.. or linux.

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, December 01, 2015, 14:46:41 PM »
I can also check it if I have time. But anyway you need to get lsusb info about that device.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, December 01, 2015, 18:12:20 PM »
Lol Pipezor, please use the edit function on the next time...

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, December 02, 2015, 00:56:51 AM »
Oh yes, of course I should. Thanks for reminding :)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager