Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Word Processing Programs  (Read 1167 times)

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Word Processing Programs
« on: Sunday, April 04, 2010, 23:34:14 PM »
So like many Windows users, I use Microsoft Word to do any and all typing (with the except of needing to use Notepad++ for coding and other things). Recently I did some cleaning up, removing programs, etc and I thought about why I keep MS Office. It's pretty huge considering all I need it to do is type some things in a clean, professional presentation, and probably use Powerpoint to create slideshows every once in a while. It was Google time! I found 3 programs that are possible to be compared to Word: AbiWord, OpenOffice (obviously), and LyX.
Personally I don't like OpenOffice too much because it's large and because I think it still needs java to do anything. I don't know about AbiWord and LyX, they looked tiny and were capable of doing what you can do on Word.

Has anyone used any other word processing programs other than Word? Talk cajones!

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Word Processing Programs
« Reply #1 on: Monday, April 05, 2010, 00:30:49 AM »
Go with OpenOffice, they just released a new version and startup time is... wow. It does everything I need without the Microsoft-ness. There's also a new version of Java out, I don't know what it does though aside break one of the only Java programs I use... but I won't get into that.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager