Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Unreal editor moddering questions  (Read 58665 times)

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
Re: Unreal editor moddering questions
« Reply #45 on: Monday, September 05, 2016, 16:46:13 PM »
I do not do seperat make a server for this so players can join on privit server its a assist map for all.  Anyboddy can downlode the map to look on facebook America Army 2.8.5 and look in it but best change is the spawn setting and you cant play that becose its need a server . But hope Eliz will bring it in if not .......................?   

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Monday, September 05, 2016, 17:52:17 PM »
I'm going to be honest and say what everyone is thinking: - Vanoke, the map will not be played, no one gives a shit!

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, September 06, 2016, 12:50:03 PM »
I'm going to be honest and say what everyone is thinking: - Vanoke, the map will not be played, no one gives a shit!
I think you are not everyone, changes are always welcome in maps and people are curious.   

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, September 06, 2016, 14:42:27 PM »

That's impolite...the problem is, in practice, that for something to be included as part of the 2.5 Assist install, you need to push an update. And aside of needing the person who can do it (Eliz), it makes little sense to push an update for modifications made to a single map (which dont make it a whole new map either). Also, if we push the update, everyone (including those not interested in it), will have additional data to download. This also relates to why in the past we also have removed some custom missions (like Urban Defense), in order to both keep the map selection up to a decent average quality, and to keep the install filesize from skyrocketing.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, September 06, 2016, 15:18:38 PM »
That's impolite...the problem is, in practice, that for something to be included as part of the 2.5 Assist install, you need to push an update. And aside of needing the person who can do it (Eliz), it makes little sense to push an update for modifications made to a single map (which dont make it a whole new map either). Also, if we push the update, everyone (including those not interested in it), will have additional data to download. This also relates to why in the past we also have removed some custom missions (like Urban Defense), in order to both keep the map selection up to a decent average quality, and to keep the install filesize from skyrocketing.
You talk about quality do understand that this can be update to.  Also its the person him self in all his diversity of taste that consumes a game map .  We all hope for a good gameplay like people adore sf hospital and Border Pipeline  Bridge  its only good for Assist go get better tactice playeble maps to stay online .

Offline ronski

« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, September 06, 2016, 17:15:28 PM »
Tbh I would be interested in seeing new versions of the maps we have, they could spice up the game. But like is said, adding new map has its pros and cons; map might be wonderful but it takes plenty of time from several persons to test it out, it takes time to add it to selection, it would raise the download size, although removing some map that no one plays - like Forest (no offence but the fps loss makes it unplayable for too many players) - could keep the package size quite similar and the map amount wouldnt change into way or another.

The time spent into testing and adding new maps into selection would be taken away from the time that could be spent into solving issues in crashing servers. On times like these we should all focus on the most important tasks and try to work them out in decent order imo, for example how to get stable servers, how to get more players and how to make people stay. It's quite clear that as long as servers keep crashing, there is no point in trying to lure new players nor add new features, also it's quite hard to make people stay because of the very same reason.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 13:54:00 PM »
Its already possible to play the new Modded map SFExtraction_se  on 2.8.5  PUF CLAN Europe server.
For info look facebook Americas Army 2.8.5 were you also can  find the map for downlode.
More info on www.bugsgang.com
Hope Assist is to working on the 2.5 SFExtraction_SE so players got something new.  :D ;)

Hope Assist is to working on the 2.5 SFExtraction_SE so players got something new.  :D ;)

This is a bit info how spawns can change to other plays including other info  ( its not me that speaking) :
! No longer available

! No longer available

! No longer available
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 14:21:15 PM by Vanoke »

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, September 25, 2016, 07:24:13 AM »
Just for fun if assist is dowing nothing with it than NP.
I did change the spawn point of ass  to 7 ad the boot and split the adder 6 in 3x2  spawn to the other site of the map so from this way its not longer always from 1 site you expect the enemy unless they run 2 minuts around the hills alonge the water .
Also did copy 2 more tents and more rocks to hide . was fun to do in 4 hours after a bad idear I had :)

Its possible to bring in more rocks !  :o

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, October 01, 2016, 11:44:23 AM »
Product was changed in 2.5 editor by copy / place solution.  :P
SFHOSPITAL ROOF BUG IS THIS THE SOLUTION ??  SF Hospital_SE  :censored: :idea:
About SF Hospital Roof BUG  after i did see =PUF=Holehead has issues like alot players in sf Hospital i did ask =PUF=Lindos what is that roofbug . So i did get a picture to see what it means after that i did try to find out to make it good and here the results but if this will be changed in assist thats a big question. On this 4 points its inpossible to see the enemy you can see they dissapear . to find out if this is a solution people must test it out so ther for assist we need. 

I also deleted  the RPG in this gameplay so assist dussent have to do nothing  ( I hope ) 
But how to change  weapon in editor can !!!!!!!!????????????????????????? :banned:  I see script it ask for but how ??

The stairs up and go down on the other site on airco on wall and balustrades/  ladders :up:
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 01, 2016, 11:56:12 AM by Vanoke »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager