Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Umake error  (Read 10464 times)

Offline LEEFFM

Re: Umake error
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, November 09, 2014, 12:41:15 PM »
I got the WOTgreal set up, doesn't compile and when actually typing or more importantly when going back and editing it doesn't click where you want to, when using tab button to make code neater is tabs way too much or too little when clicking to edit a line or add an indent it will delete stuff.

My conclusion: the package editor and being able to find declaration at cursor are the only uses I have for WOTgreal for everything else like the actually editing of the text and compiling I will still be doing with Notepad++ and UMake :P

In all reality if someone had all the original .uc files, Fully and properly decompiled all .uc files or was making a different game you could set it up to use the run button for testing in the game but since you have to use runtime and cant work from the armyops system folder where the exe is located you cant launch the game from the run button in WOTgreal. (and yes I did make a new game type lol)

PickASniper.u is now Working also

oh and "TheJohnny" here have a photo who needs videos click:http://www.troll.me/images/xzibit-yo-dawg/hey-you-stfu.jpg

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, November 09, 2014, 15:00:12 PM »
I got the WOTgreal set up, doesn't compile and when actually typing or more importantly when going back and editing it doesn't click where you want to, when using tab button to make code neater is tabs way too much or too little when clicking to edit a line or add an indent it will delete stuff.
Options -> Preferences -> Editor -> Options -> Smart Tab: uncheck

My conclusion: the package editor and being able to find declaration at cursor are the only uses I have for WOTgreal for everything else like the actually editing of the text and compiling I will still be doing with Notepad++ and UMake :P
Options -> Preferences -> Compiling & Debugging -> Run this program/command line to compile: put your UMake here

Last thing: Make sure, you have 3.006 version and Run as Administrator checked in WOTgreal.exe Properties -> Compatibility -> Privilege level
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline LEEFFM

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, November 09, 2014, 15:27:45 PM »
I have version 3.005 lol, Well with those changes to WOTgreal its pretty good I can compile, tab works correctly, text not being deleted now if only I could change the path to the ArmyOps.exe it would be perfect :P well actually I would want to add the runserver.bat too :P

But anyways WOTgreal is something I will use its a little easier having everything in one place, well almost everything :P

maybe one day I should write a new IDE that is automatically set up for Umake and running ArmyOps.exe and RunServer.bat for testing :P

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, November 09, 2014, 16:36:31 PM »
Well ... Try to explore a bit Wotgreal preferences - don't be so lazy ...

maybe one day I should write a new IDE that is automatically set up for Umake and running ArmyOps.exe and RunServer.bat for testing :P
You don't need, just make a .bat file, which will copy compiled project to the AA System directory and run AA executable / AA Server.
Now go to:
Options -> Preferences -> Compiling & Debugging -> Post-Compile: check Run this file after compilation (if successful ...) and put your .bat here

WOTgreal has many great features like Code Browser or BreakPoints etc.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 09, 2014, 16:51:00 PM by NoBigDeal »
Would you?

Offline LEEFFM

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, November 09, 2014, 16:41:13 PM »
haha I did explore a little :P, but I didn't even think of using a .bat file *facepalm*

Of course I don't really use .bat files a lot the only thing I can think of is to
Code: [Select]
xcopy "C:\UnrealEngine2Runtime\System\PickASniper.u" "C:\UnrealEngine2Runtime\System\Americas-Army-25\Server\System"
and that's about the extent of my .bat knowledge lol
I would also need to add ServerActors=PickASniper.pickasniper or whatever mod I am trying to test.

do you know how to make a batch file do all this? I'll research some about .bat files a little later I have some homework to do lol.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 09, 2014, 16:57:58 PM by LEEFFM »

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, November 09, 2014, 16:53:59 PM »
Edit: Google - first useful link
... you can check MSDN too.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 09, 2014, 17:27:06 PM by NoBigDeal »
Would you?

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, November 09, 2014, 17:13:02 PM »
Do a search on this site for RunServer, I believe I posted the code in the forum. It's a somewhat complicated batch that helps out map editors.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline LEEFFM

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, November 09, 2014, 17:24:44 PM »
That look usefull for opening the server and armyops with one file but I have no problem launching the RunServer.bat and ArmyOps.exe shortcuts I put on the desktop :P but this bat is one file instead of 2 shortcuts so ill take it :P

but is there a way to add to the RunServer.bat you made to copy a specific .u file that im compiling in WOTgreal and add the ServerActors=PickASniper.pickasniper but modified for whatever Package.UnrealScript file I happen to be compiling?

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, November 09, 2014, 18:03:20 PM »
Yea, I didn't mean for you to use the RunServer that I made, just to look at it to get ideas. See how it works and build one that works for your needs. That's how I made it, looking at other people's examples and modifying for my needs.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager