Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: TuneUp iTunes Cleaner  (Read 1787 times)

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
TuneUp iTunes Cleaner
« on: Monday, January 04, 2010, 20:28:50 PM »
TuneUp is an iTunes sidebar that you can drag songs onto and it will correct any mistakes in album/track number/etc. It also searches for albums without artwork and automatically adds the artwork (with a limit of 50 albums on the free version :() It also suggests local concerts, shows concerts of an artist you're listening to, suggests eBay merchandise of the artist (searches artist as keyword, unfortunately), and other things.

I'm kinda OCD about my iTunes (especially album artwork and album/track number/etc. tags) so I thought it would be perfect for me until I realized I've already copied all artwork from wikipedia and corrected any mistakes...
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: TuneUp iTunes Cleaner
« Reply #1 on: Monday, January 04, 2010, 20:33:47 PM »
First part sounds pretty good :) I know there's an option like this in Foobar to pull data from Last.fm but I've never really messed with it. Nice find for iTunes though.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #2 on: Monday, January 04, 2010, 21:04:05 PM »
itunes already has a feature that finds album artwork for you. It is kinda unreliable though. For some reason it had no idea what the album "back in black" was. :-\

The Zune software has the same thing but more reliable. If it doesn't find your artwork automatically you can search for it on the song database and add it too.  :)

Thor

« Reply #3 on: Monday, January 04, 2010, 21:56:33 PM »
very true.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday, January 04, 2010, 22:40:22 PM »
I do all my tagging by hand with MP3Tag. Fortunately it speeds up the process by grabbing info from last.fm, discogs, cddb, and musicbrainz. Honestly, some CD's just don't have any useful tags on tracks; it sucks having to enter it all yourself by looking at the CD covers and insides.

Nice find for those iTunes users though.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager