Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Team Swap  (Read 10792 times)

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
Re: Team Swap
« Reply #30 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 11:31:30 AM »
Its a blessing for BCD very happy whit it!   Didden`t see no problem tell them befor change .
We had only one crybaby on urban who say don`t change gun.  :fool:

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #31 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 11:37:26 AM »
Would you play on a server that had a mod that would swap you randomly at each round start?

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 11:47:50 AM »
Better after 7,12,14 rounds or whatever the server setting is... it is a nice feature to swap automatically from sides yes.
But every round is to much i think.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #33 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 13:12:16 PM »
Would you play on a server that had a mod that would swap you randomly at each round start?
  No !  that become a scrappy game, we also have the team score where we play for.
And  it takes time to build a team to win from the opponents the gamers needs the" we feeling".
A clan on ts has advantage in that, they have already that team feeling.
Its important that players know the teamscore !!! that would help.   
And to come back  to teamswap you can do it whit a nice filled  server and  after sertain time not to fast.
In tournament people know that it will happend and in BCD it will happen to but the team will be together for 45 minuts .    ( only i do not know if the team score will go to over ?????!!!!!) I  think this  right now.
A -  Eliz do you think its possible to change that to. :idea:
B - And a command in server that you can turn on and off that you can bring score in screen and the end of the time ( not to big) :idea:

« Last Edit: Monday, February 16, 2015, 13:18:54 PM by Vanoke »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #34 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 14:40:57 PM »
That should exist but as a choice for server admins. Swap sides at the end of a match, swap randomly every round. That would really make for interesting gameplay.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Ganja

« Reply #35 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 14:42:37 PM »
That should exist but as a choice for server admins. Swap sides at the end of a match, swap randomly every round. That would really make for interesting gameplay.

Interesting, indeed, but like Vanoke mentionned it's always cool to see a 'teamscore'

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #36 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 16:00:45 PM »
I don't understand what you mean by randomly swapping each round? Just a chance of swapping on any round?

I don't think swapping every round would be such a good idea, but optionally swapping every couple of rounds (potentially chosen by admins) could go a long way.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 05:14:34 AM »
I don't think swapping every round would be such a good idea, but optionally swapping every couple of rounds (potentially chosen by admins) could go a long way.
+1

Offline LEEFFM

« Reply #38 on: Friday, February 27, 2015, 11:01:21 AM »
I think the Idea of a halftime would be cool a server admin could still pick how many rounds to do then when the team score matches the half mark it could notify everyone that its half-time and switch everyone teams it would still notify with an admin message swapping to ASSAULT/DEFENCE but have a red (or whatever color) console message that says teams are swapping or halftime switching sides and have it transfer the team score, I did a mutator that switches sides and displays the halftime message (would have to re-compile it and make sure it works), I would write the code for it in an extended version of the AGP_GameTeamObjective file and replace the gametype (with the extended file) in a mutator instead of writing it all in a mutator I just wrote it all in a mutator so anyone could use it as a server mod.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 27, 2015, 15:38:16 PM by LEEFFM »

Offline Gusso

• View Profile
  • AA: Scrap
« Reply #39 on: Friday, February 27, 2015, 12:09:25 PM »
Not a bad idea at all.
Still would like admins to have control over this feature ie no swap or assuming  rounds set for 16 will auto swap after 8th with warning to players.
Telling the truth in the time of universal deceit is a revolutionary act.  George Orwell

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager