AA2 or AAPG

There is also a different between this game so I want to be sure

Offline august

• Respected Members
    • View Profile
  • AA: Avguste
Re: Squad
« Reply #16 on: Friday, January 29, 2016, 17:47:34 PM »
There is no free trial for SQUAD. Also, I would recommend to give it a good try. 1 match is not enough. To fully experience SQUAD you need to be with a good squad, have a good squad leader and overall good communication.  All of my guys at TAW (taw.net) play with tactics, good comms and we do have military guys with us, so we are pretty well set as far as good squad leaders.

Regarding Insurgency, I was excited about the game and in the beginning it was tactical, steady and slow, but overtime the devs started to cater to CoD, AAPG and similar players and now it is more run and gun than tactical......

By the way, I still do believe than regardless of what the AA devs say, AAO25 should be on steam

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday, January 29, 2016, 18:11:32 PM »
By the way, I still do believe than regardless of what the AA devs say, AAO25 should be on steam
True, but not for AAO25 ... The Assist should be on the Steam (or something like this) - and guys, start advertising this game / Assist.
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline august

• Respected Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Friday, January 29, 2016, 23:06:04 PM »
True, but not for AAO25 ... The Assist should be on the Steam (or something like this) - and guys, start advertising this game / Assist.

The Assist could be on Steam under the programs software

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday, January 29, 2016, 23:23:12 PM »
Problem is, that no one from the devs is willing to go this way - I tried different methods to convince them, but they simply afraid to do it.
... and this - plus lack of ad - is killing this game. Not to mention that their effort for keeping it alive goes in vain.
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline Alex

« Reply #20 on: Friday, January 29, 2016, 23:56:44 PM »
The Assist could be on Steam under the programs software
We don't own the rights to America's Army. We're technically not allowed to modify or redistribute the game. I'm pretty sure we've been over this before.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, January 31, 2016, 08:30:16 AM »
If you like the game, feel free to advertise it.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline august

• Respected Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, February 07, 2016, 01:14:22 AM »
We don't own the rights to America's Army. We're technically not allowed to modify or redistribute the game. I'm pretty sure we've been over this before.

you dont advertise the game itself. you advertise the assist software.
Difference.

but I really do hope the AA devs will see how SQUAD is beating Proving Grounds and will finally recognize that they need to go back to AA2.
http://steamcharts.com/cmp/393380,203290

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, February 07, 2016, 03:59:23 AM »
you dont advertise the game itself. you advertise the assist software.
Difference.

but I really do hope the AA devs will see how SQUAD is beating Proving Grounds and will finally recognize that they need to go back to AA2.
http://steamcharts.com/cmp/393380,203290
You mean the top heads behind a government funded project would worry about that? :D Definitely not, even if they should. But unfortunately the path the project took shows what they have been up to, between AA3 and AAPG. Probably the game would benefit from a private studio takeover with US defense  financing (and id bet plenty would like the kind of budget and resources it comes with).
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 07, 2016, 04:02:05 AM by Koden »

Offline august

• Respected Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday, February 08, 2016, 01:47:03 AM »
Actually, way back when, AA2 was under private devs management with funding from Army, but when Army realized the success the game had, they immediately took over.....

I don't have any illusion about them looking at the stats. And I really see Proving Grounds dying a slow death.

Offline august

• Respected Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2016, 00:52:21 AM »
Those of you interested can get SQUAD between November 23rd and November 29 at 35% off the normal price
http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791439663103/announcements/detail/677059007753400112

Check out a great game and consider joining The Art of Warfare at http://taw.net

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager