Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Simple TeamSpeak 3 Review  (Read 6967 times)

Offline Alex

Simple TeamSpeak 3 Review
« on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 16:55:32 PM »
TEAMSPEAK 3

*This picture is the public server provided by Teamspeak*

AUDIO QUALITY
The main concern with the new release is audio quality. It is definitely better than teamspeak 2, but it still mostly depends on the mics that people have. I have heard people with terrible audio quality and I have heard people with amazing audio quality. It is hard to tell whether or not it is better than vent, but it definitely surpasses teamspeak 2.

SETTINGS and INTERFACE

More sophisticated than TS2 by a long shot. There are many more options under settings and permissions. You can change the design of the window by changing the window style, making it like XP, Vista, or whatever. You can Chane the theme, which starts at a default plain white. The only other theme it gives you is sky blue. There is also an option for different icon packs, but the client does not come with any. My guess is that you will be able to download custom icon packs and themes for TS3. Then you just have the normal playback, security, sound, notification, and chat settings.

SERVER SET-UP
It is kind of hard to review it because I have yet to get it working properly. It is overly complex and no very user-friendly. The server set-up "read-me" was not very helpful and didn't explain things very thoroughly. Maybe it is just because i have not hosted a TS3 server before, but I couldn't figure it out.

CONCLUSION
Based on the quality alone, it is definitely much better than Teamspeak 2. The extra settings, like being able to change the design of the window are nice too. Overall it is much better than TS2. The only problem is that not many people are hosting servers on TS3, so you have to use the public server. Hopefully people will start moving to TS3 though, seeing as it is much better than TS2.

If anyone has any questions, just ask. I'll try to answer them the best I can.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 16:58:09 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager