Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Ribbon UI  (Read 2905 times)

Offline Pipez0r

Ribbon UI
« on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 17:35:27 PM »
I know its possible to DISABLE, but I would like to get back old drop down menus with my Windows 10. Is there any way to get it back through for example regedit? It seems to exist still but is it possible to enable with whole file explorer?

Online teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Ribbon UI
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 27, 2015, 01:54:02 AM »
I'm not exactly sure what you want, but I'm fairly certain you'd be more likely to find the answer by googling.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 27, 2015, 03:25:31 AM »
I have been googling, but I have only find information about disabling the ribbon and one article that told about some commercial app but Im looking for either a free 3rd party app or regedit information how to not only disable the ribbon but also activate old drop down menu in file explorer.

What I mean:

In old Windows explorer there were drop down file-settings etc menus. Since Windows Vista or Windows 7 it was hidden but you could access it through pushing Alt, or from settings you could put it permanently visible.

Now, instead of that old menu UI, there is Ribbon UI since Windows 8 I think. It is kind of a menu that goes as a ribbon from left to right instead of from up to down. That I would like to revert to old menu. I dont like anyway  how Windows looks nowadays, so I got back old Windows 2000 look-a-like simple start menu through 3rd party software Classic Shell, and some other theme tweaks with winaero tweaker. This ribbon UI is my only problem left in usability of Windows 10.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, September 27, 2015, 06:02:02 AM »
It's there for my Windows 10

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, September 27, 2015, 07:05:12 AM »
Seems that your ribbon is hidden, but should come up when you click the menu. I personally dont like the ribbon menu, but I want those menu things to exist in form of old drop down menu, where the menu comes down vertically when you click it. With ribbon its horizontal.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, September 27, 2015, 07:28:56 AM »
So you basically mean you want it to look like it did in older Windows versions? Try looking for a windows mod or something like that.

In any case, I'm willing to bet that all the necessary information is there, just in a slightly different format. While I can't be sure, I don't think they will have left the old version of it still in Windows 10.

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, September 27, 2015, 11:12:57 AM »
I have already found everything else than this thing. Only thing I found for this issue, is xplorer2 which is commercial 3rd party software. I have very nice start menu and taskbar now, old good windows mixed to new one :) just that one thing is lacking and I can only find out how to disable it, but not how to change it to older windows thing.

Well, they have left many things from old windows. Through regedit I can for example change the looks of date & time back to old, and also networks thing, and volume mixer.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager