Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AMD - Dual Core Optimizer  (Read 5306 times)

Jared

AMD - Dual Core Optimizer
« on: Thursday, January 12, 2012, 13:03:51 PM »
This is for me to re-download :D Since I'm on my mac right now. Below is what it does and download link.

The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer can help improve some PC gaming video performance by compensating for those applications that bypass the Windows API for timing by directly using the RDTSC (Read Time Stamp Counter) instruction.

http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/dynamicDetails.aspx?ListID=c5cd2c08-1432-4756-aafa-4d9dc646342f&ItemID=153

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: AMD - Dual Core Optimizer
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 12, 2012, 13:50:07 PM »
Hmmm, I'm going to try this on mine and see if I get more FPS on Pipeline with it.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Jared

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 12, 2012, 13:52:20 PM »
I used it when i use to play aa all the time, if your running vista/7 it helps

Jared

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 12, 2012, 14:04:39 PM »
Someone can delete this thread looks like they fixed the issues with new driver updates.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 12, 2012, 15:26:55 PM »
Just to be clear, I didn't get any FPS boost on Pipeline in single player. I think single-core usage is coded into the engine. UE3 was the first multi-threaded engine.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 12, 2012, 16:20:19 PM »
For AA2-like purposes, the faster is the clock the better it runs. But anyway over 60/70 frames per second any improvement would be hardly noticed anyway.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, January 12, 2012, 16:37:19 PM »
For AA2-like purposes, the faster is the clock the better it runs. But anyway over 60/70 frames per second any improvement would be hardly noticed anyway.

I dip down to 40 FPS on my current build of Pipeline and my CPU is clocked at 3.87GHz. That's why I'm worried about it and looking for any solution.

Jared

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, January 12, 2012, 16:47:12 PM »
For aa its best to have everything the same. refresh rate = monitor refresh rate.

aa is also developed for single core processors and its more cpu heavy than gpu heavy. My processor is only at 2.21GHz and by making a few changes in my system and game tweaks i get 90fps solid on all maps no matter where im at. That's only running 1 8600GT, I have sli but i don't think aa supports it ( plus when i use sli my sound does weird shit )

This post was about help aa with your cpu, to fix some shit that they did when vista first launched, just like how windows fucked up the sound in vista/7, you have to manually fix your drivers.

This program is outdated and issues have been fixed via driver updates.

Jared

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, January 12, 2012, 16:55:59 PM »
310 in weapons cache s&r but it doesn't matter.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, January 12, 2012, 16:59:00 PM »
I have sli but i don't think aa supports it ( plus when i use sli my sound does weird shit )
Older nForce motherboard I take it? Nvidia chipsets are utter shit for these reasons. When I had one, if I put 4GB of RAM in on a 64-bit OS, my onboard LAN would stop working.

just like how windows fucked up the sound in vista/7, you have to manually fix your drivers.
I still don't know what problems you had with this. Would be good to ditch your sound card. Hardware rendering was never used to it's full potential and in modern games, it's not used at all. I think there's some minor EAX effects in AA but they're not worth it.

Jared

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, January 12, 2012, 17:10:57 PM »
I have asus mobo ;) im on my mac now so idk what version it is.

When i used to use xp i could hear people spawn and listen to them all over the map. When switched to vista can only hear like half that far if not less. Vista's sound is shit imo.

Creative also launched a program called like achlmy or some shit that let you enable EAX effects.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, January 12, 2012, 18:06:33 PM »
I have asus mobo ;) im on my mac now so idk what version it is.

When i used to use xp i could hear people spawn and listen to them all over the map. When switched to vista can only hear like half that far if not less. Vista's sound is shit imo.

Creative also launched a program called like achlmy or some shit that let you enable EAX effects.

Probably something between modded drivers and modded AA files. If you have a decent (priced, none are decent sound-wise) X-Fi card, I'd suggest selling it on eBay along with your SLI cards and get a good single GPU :)

Oh, and upgrade to 7 :)

Offline Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, January 12, 2012, 18:20:15 PM »
that could be it, i have XP hahah  :P

anyway i could improve with my AMD Athlon II 5000+ @ 2.8 GHz and Radeon HD 3870? :)

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, January 12, 2012, 18:23:21 PM »
anyway i could improve with my AMD Athlon II 5000+ @ 2.8 GHz and Radeon HD 3870? :)

Probably not for AA but if you get a HD 4xxx series card, those support Adobe Flash rendering so it offloads from the CPU and you should be able to play 1080p YouTube movies with pretty much no CPU usage. Although, you might get the most out of a HD 4xxx series card by moving to Win 7 as it has DXVA for videos and such.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager