Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Modded Borders  (Read 17090 times)

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
Modded Borders
« on: Friday, June 10, 2016, 18:58:11 PM »
besites 2.5 I run to 2 servers on 2.8.5 and for that I can juse the map editor for moddedering maps .
whit the possebileties  I have ( not much :) ) I did make 2 new borders 1 is ready and will be for downlode soon in 2.8.5
I did ask this already to som well known admins here but the reaction stays out.

I know Eliz can convert som 2.8.5 maps and and I want to know if he can convert this map to and meaby a little correction in a little issue. to gif a new and good border gameplay.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
Re: Modded Borders
« Reply #1 on: Friday, June 10, 2016, 19:00:16 PM »
ELiZ is on vacation, I'm sure he will take a look when he come back :)
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday, June 10, 2016, 19:01:10 PM »
I hope so my P.M. diddent reach him

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday, June 10, 2016, 19:33:51 PM »
Spawn point are to changed normal 13 one site 13 other site . now its on def. 4 ass 4 def   spawn points./ on ass. site 9 ass 9 def spawns.
Also 2 Humvee driving cars .  And its possible to get on def. site to go on several roofs.

Border 2 is a little different in look and gameplay its bigger!

« Last Edit: Friday, June 10, 2016, 19:39:23 PM by Vanoke »

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, June 11, 2016, 03:07:09 AM »
Drivable humvees will not work in 2.5.

I don't know how many changed you made in the map, but if it's not too many I don't feel we should add it to Assist. We already have 72 maps, most of which nobody ever plays. Assist download is big enough as it is, we don't need to make it bigger.

I realize you probably spent many hours of hard work on this map, but this is just my honest opinion.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ronski

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, June 11, 2016, 03:16:35 AM »

I don't know how many changed you made in the map, but if it's not too many I don't feel we should add it to Assist. We already have 72 maps, most of which nobody ever plays. Assist download is big enough as it is, we don't need to make it bigger.

I realize you probably spent many hours of hard work on this map, but this is just my honest opinion.
Then again new maps might make this game more interesting :)
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 11, 2016, 04:17:54 AM by ronski »

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, June 11, 2016, 04:13:04 AM »

72 maps is not so much trow 2 pipelines away from 4 we got.
Ore led us downlode the map(`s) seperat 
no humvee is ok.
Now i can change spawn points and extraction`s and kopie som stuf out of one map to other map but in the old editor so i will not come with 500 new maps :) meaby i can learn a bit with assist tools 2.5 if i got them but YES its alot work to make all perfect.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ronski:
----------------------------------------------

Vanoke:
Its not new but how you say : improved 

« Last Edit: Saturday, June 11, 2016, 04:16:43 AM by Vanoke »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, June 11, 2016, 04:29:53 AM »
Its not new but how you say : improved 

That's subjective imo ;)

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, June 11, 2016, 09:45:45 AM »
That's subjective imo ;)
Exactly. One man's improvements might be problematic for another person. In any case, we wouldn't add a new map blindly anyway.

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, June 11, 2016, 13:14:48 PM »
Vanoke, one mistake is blaringly obvious; you're not building the maps after editing them. You need to go to the menu then click Build and then Build All. The shadows and lighting is way off. Things should look a lot better once that's done.

To the haters;
The map may not be your cup of tea but if Vanoke likes it, others may like it too. When a map is compressed for Assist to download, it ends up being a couple of megabytes. Unless you're on dial-up, this would take seconds to download. IMO, the more difficult thing is updating MD5 checks both in Assist and servers but ELiZ has a quick method for that.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2016, 16:59:52 PM »
Spawn setting gameplay Border_Rock not total ready hope it can be changed to to Assist

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2016, 18:06:09 PM »
Hmm, the map image somehow gives an idea of how it works, but it also makes for questions. Are the objective and spawns set up in manner similar to SF_Extraction? (it would seem like that). How long does it take to walk through the entire map? And also, does that helicopter serve some purpose?

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2016, 18:33:06 PM »
Its like normal border 1 obj rotating on 5 places.
The walk trough the map is not realy more than normal border. becose gameplay
 is more concentrate to the middle and to confrontate   ,but led your inmagination run trow it.
The helicopter hase no function its rotating his vence and the noise you can hear ,is becose its a hospital below :)
Ther is even a fishing pond LOL with a fish swimming in it ,A bond fish. ;)

Little issue is ther a sometimes little white rain in it.  can possible be becose the security lines I did change ore deletet ?? but is not annoying. hope to get it ready all in 2 weeks.
hope Eliz is willing to look ad it to try it to convert to Assist to.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 02:01:27 AM »
It looks like you've put a lot of effort into this indeed :)

1. An extraction point on top of a tower doesn't really make sense logically (how are you extracted from there?)
2. I'm guessing any of the 3 extraction point can be used such as in regular border
3. Reading the map it seems that at Assault could pick up the objective right away from spawn (number 4) if their luck is on their side. Doesn't seem for Defense fair to me (especially given that there's an extraction point right in front of them).

But all in all it seems like it could make for some interesting gameplay. I doubt anyone would want to use it for a match given the random nature of it, though (but I'm guessing that wasn't your objective either).

Offline JunK

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 06:00:33 AM »

I agree with you ronski but not modding old maps. You should come with a whole new realistic map.

I don't know how it works but I was thinking on a map based what really happend on 2nd may 2011raid on osama bin laden.

Sf pcr is also map based on the building of saddam hoessein in Iraq. I think that kind of maps would make it more interesting in america's army

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager