Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Modded Borders  (Read 17089 times)

Offline ronski

Re: Modded Borders
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 06:17:35 AM »
I agree with you ronski but not modding old maps. You should come with a whole new realistic map.

I don't know how it works but I was thinking on a map based what really happend on 2nd may 2011raid on osama bin laden.

Sf pcr is also map based on the building of saddam hoessein in Iraq. I think that kind of maps would make it more interesting in america's army
Yea you are right with the concept of new map, I have never seen the editor but I'm quite sure making a copy of existing map and modding it would be less work than building new one. 

Offline JunK

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 07:10:46 AM »
Yeah sure: but I think it would be more better to have 4 different maps like 4 modded maps just like pipeline...

I think you can spent more time to built a new concept on a whole new map then modding others.

We have like allready 4 pipelines
Border is now getting modded and im sure there are also other maps modded

Offline ronski

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 07:12:40 AM »
Yeah sure: but I think it would be more better to have 4 different maps like 4 modded maps just like pipeline...

I think you can spent more time to built a new concept on a whole new map then modding others.

We have like allready 4 pipelines
Border is now getting modded and im sure there are also other maps modded
I'd love to see Hospital modded  :wub:

Offline JunK

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 08:48:59 AM »
Ooh my gosh.. :p

Sf hopsital is allrrady modded with stupid rpg's
And there was even hospital se

Offline ronski

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 08:54:14 AM »
Ooh my gosh.. :p

Sf hopsital is allrrady modded with stupid rpg's
And there was even hospital se
I know, but that's not what I meant :P

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 18:42:07 PM »
It looks like you've put a lot of effort into this indeed :)

1. An extraction point on top of a tower doesn't really make sense logically (how are you extracted from there?)
2. I'm guessing any of the 3 extraction point can be used such as in regular border
3. Reading the map it seems that at Assault could pick up the objective right away from spawn (number 4) if their luck is on their side. Doesn't seem for Defense fair to me (especially given that there's an extraction point right in front of them).

But all in all it seems like it could make for some interesting gameplay. I doubt anyone would want to use it for a match given the random nature of it, though (but I'm guessing that wasn't your objective either).

1- About the tower extraction 4ass  get Obj direct on the other site they know 4 def. extraction is working if ass gets to the highest level in tower . On defence site ther are multiple open windows in the tower so ther is a dilemma to go up.
2- yes
3- look 1 !
Other thing is in this you can drive in hummer fast to several places.
I invite you to test it out if you like.
Downlode from http://www.chevys-place.nl/AA_285.php  the non instal version of 2.8.5 .
the downlode will be soon on publiek  Facebook:  America`s Army 2.8.5
ore drop by on TS 82.72.204.77 ther you can find the downlode to.

SF extraction got also a spawnpoint for all players that's in my opinion not realy good for gameplay the other site knows wher they spawn from that point and you hardly can get away ther. ( I don't know the name of that site :) but you understand what I mean)
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 19:00:57 PM by Vanoke »

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, June 16, 2016, 01:26:40 AM »
1- About the tower extraction 4ass  get Obj direct on the other site they know 4 def. extraction is working if ass gets to the highest level in tower . On defence site ther are multiple open windows in the tower so ther is a dilemma to go up.
2- yes
3- look 1 !
Other thing is in this you can drive in hummer fast to several places.
I invite you to test it out if you like.
Downlode from http://www.chevys-place.nl/AA_285.php  the non instal version of 2.8.5 .
the downlode will be soon on publiek  Facebook:  America`s Army 2.8.5
ore drop by on TS 82.72.204.77 ther you can find the downlode to.

SF extraction got also a spawnpoint for all players that's in my opinion not realy good for gameplay the other site knows wher they spawn from that point and you hardly can get away ther. ( I don't know the name of that site :) but you understand what I mean)
For number 1 I just meant that logically an extraction is somewhere where you can escape the area - sometimes it's a roof where a helicopter can land (it can't on top of such a small tower), sometimes it's in areas at the edge of a map that could get you out of the area in trucks.

If this were to be converted to 2.5 the Humvees would not work.

I'm not sure I'd be the correct person to test it. But you are correct, testing (along with appropriate tweaks) is what can make a map great.

I know what you mean about SF Extraction. However, it's best to try and avoid such bad spawn arrangements. This also applies to SF Courtyard where it can happen that Assault can win within a minute and Defense can do virtually nothing.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, June 16, 2016, 14:44:42 PM »
For number 1 I just meant that logically an extraction is somewhere where you can escape the area - sometimes it's a roof where a helicopter can land (it can't on top of such a small tower), sometimes it's in areas at the edge of a map that could get you out of the area in trucks.

If this were to be converted to 2.5 the Humvees would not work.

I'm not sure I'd be the correct person to test it. But you are correct, testing (along with appropriate tweaks) is what can make a map great.

I know what you mean about SF Extraction. However, it's best to try and avoid such bad spawn arrangements. This also applies to SF Courtyard where it can happen that Assault can win within a minute and Defense can do virtually nothing.
About the helicopter I did make the roof bigger and nobuddy gan go ther so visual its OKE.
That the hummers cant be convert to 2.5 its NP. 
in 2.8.5I did make the way free for 2 extra route for hummers but for the game its not disturbing. when they are not in 2.5.
If you easy want to look you can open the armyops in chevy non instal 2.8.5  and type in admin consul :
Open  Border_rock so you can walk trough it not online but on your computer. becose on the picture not all details are visible. Hope you enjoy it like I did enjoy to make it.
The map is in facebook ( LOOK LINK ABOVE) so Eliz can you look to it if you can find som time the first and the second border are also on  teamspeak  82.72.204.77 :) :up:

Next I try to get slots into coop maps for 26-26 game .
greating all Monday Border day Hooah!
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 16, 2016, 14:50:17 PM by Vanoke »

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, June 19, 2016, 13:34:13 PM »
I did change 1 extraction game is finish Eliz try to make it for Assist THX
https://www.facebook.com/groups/485239511646399/

« Last Edit: Sunday, June 19, 2016, 13:44:15 PM by Vanoke »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 17:26:03 PM »
Vanoke, take a look at the playerstarts. There's a section in the properties of PlayerStart that has to do with Co-Op. Disable that and see if your issues go away.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/464376/aac_maap/vanoke_border1.JPG
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 18:31:55 PM »
Vanoke, take a look at the playerstarts. There's a section in the properties of PlayerStart that has to do with Co-Op. Disable that and see if your issues go away.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/464376/aac_maap/vanoke_border1.JPG
Its a stap further I go a menu 2 teams now its the slots weapon class I need to inputh . after a good sleep I will look all 72 players are changed but no weapon class jet. teams are ready :)  :)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, June 25, 2016, 01:45:31 AM »
Can you post a link to the latest version of the map?
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, June 25, 2016, 03:18:57 AM »
I see in  objective team 1 and team 2 players I have to fill in.Diddent work out

I did fill in this and I puth a link in to downlode on
America`s Army 2.8.5  facebook .  ( PUFClan_SFHighland.rar) original file was SFHighland_rc4
Ore I can juse google drive but than you have to gif me a mail adres.
My dropbox is full.
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 25, 2016, 03:56:12 AM by Vanoke »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager