Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Looks like a new trend...  (Read 3996 times)

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
Looks like a new trend...
« on: Thursday, May 01, 2014, 12:56:46 PM »
Looks like as of late there's a new trend of terribly bad games coming out. Aside of Surgeon Simulator, you might have heard or seen pics from Goat Simulator (yes, exactly what the title stands for)

Except that the game consists of a single level, which makes for about an hour gameplay. Of nonsense combos.

And Viscera Cleanup....yeah. That gross. Even less entertaining.

And today i noticed this new one on the Steam store.

"Into the Dark: Ultimate Trash Edition"

http://store.steampowered.com/app/266050

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
Re: Looks like a new trend...
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, May 01, 2014, 14:16:29 PM »
Crap games is nothing new. And they wont stop soon.
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 01, 2014, 14:25:32 PM »
The goat simulation is based on gary the goat

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, May 01, 2014, 14:26:52 PM »
Crap games is nothing new. And they wont stop soon.

It's not just "crap", and for plenty of reasons. Those above are made like crap by purpose. And all of em sell for 10 euros. Also, they're not a sequel of some well known game, a Call of Duty or a Need for Speed clone, they're made as indie games (independent devs), but they're not even an early access release, it's stuff that they're selling as complete, Goat Simulator doesn't make for more than an hour or two of awful gameplay but it's still sold at full price! That's not crap, it's stealing. 

Offline Alex

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, May 01, 2014, 14:48:36 PM »
It's not just "crap", and for plenty of reasons. Those above are made like crap by purpose. And all of em sell for 10 euros. Also, they're not a sequel of some well known game, a Call of Duty or a Need for Speed clone, they're made as indie games (independent devs), but they're not even an early access release, it's stuff that they're selling as complete, Goat Simulator doesn't make for more than an hour or two of awful gameplay but it's still sold at full price! That's not crap, it's stealing. 
Did you even read the steam page for Goat Simulator? Also, how is $10 "full price"?

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, May 01, 2014, 17:06:17 PM »
I would love GOAT Sim if I could play it :3, its like a GTA, but with goats and for fun only :D
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, May 01, 2014, 19:03:40 PM »
Did you even read the steam page for Goat Simulator? Also, how is $10 "full price"?

i've read the description on the official website and i know there's a disclaimer, but still, the price is not fair, they simply priced the game as much as many other indie ones, there's so much better stuff (better as for the greater time and commitment put into them) that will go unnoticed just because this sort of thing will catch the hype.

Offline Alex

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, May 01, 2014, 19:11:11 PM »
i've read the description on the official website and i know there's a disclaimer, but still, the price is not fair, they simply priced the game as much as many other indie ones, there's so much better stuff (better as for the greater time and commitment put into them) that will go unnoticed just because this sort of thing will catch the hype.

Not fair? Who decides what is fair? It's up to the individual consumer and nobody is forcing you to buy it. They can charge whatever people will pay for it. It's capitalism.
There's always going to be games that have enough content to justify the price, and games that don't. This isn't any new. It's all up to the consumer. People need to research what they're buying. If they don't, they don't deserve any sympathy for buying half a game, especially when the developers themselves warn you about the game.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, May 01, 2014, 20:47:13 PM »
Well said Killa. :) +10
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline zoxee

« Reply #9 on: Friday, May 02, 2014, 06:01:48 AM »
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #10 on: Friday, May 02, 2014, 07:47:22 AM »
lmao at "goat simulator".

if you don't see me on AA anymore you know why

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager