Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: iPad, latest Apple's release.  (Read 6003 times)

Offline Dialects

Re: iPad, latest Apple's release.
« Reply #15 on: Monday, February 01, 2010, 14:52:42 PM »
I've seen it running the new Need For Speed; it seemed OK. Either way; more of Apple unnecessary inventions: http://www.theonion.com/content/video/apple_introduces_revolutionary

Right. I understand technology must evolve throughout attempts and whatnot. I also understand we are entering on a new phase; and just like the post-war period where a lot of unnecessary gadgets were invented, we too will be going that way pretty soon. What is REALLY fucking me up is how Apple is pricing this "attempts" to cross the limits. It's okay to pay for a OS and hardware, but we shouldn't ---in absolutely no way--- have to pay for their own will to experiment further.

Sure. Apple wants to always be a step further, and I understand and appreciate that (to a certain extent!) ---But hell no, this is getting wary-out of hand. I'm seriously considering dropping my faith on Macintosh/Apple. I've been a frequent user since my early 5, and have always stood side by side with their goals and evolution. Shit is falling apart now, shit is damned falling apart.

I still remember running on Mac OS 3.5 (most people in this forums probably never had a hand at it). It was a terminal-like OS running black and white. And then, not after too long (and after consecutive FREE OS updates), they launched 5.7. They revolutionised the notion of OS, introducing colour, a new drag & drop file management, etc. And did we have to pay for it, did we did we? No! Because Mac was all about open-source and free software! Obviously, as a company and enterprise, they somehow have to round a considerable amount of profit, but what they are doing now is unacceptable. Back in time, you'd never see Apple actually making money out of a OS release such as 10.5 to 10.6, no matter how further they worked on it! You would pay for an upgrade from Mac OS 7 to Mac OS 8. Anything inbetween would be for free; then again, not mattering how much the system had been enhanced. And I'm only covering the software differences here; Hardware got even worse. Apple doesn't own faster processors anymore, no better MBs, no better Graphic Cards/Monitors ---none of their old ace cards are on the table anymore, yet they still highjack their prices!

I am a 100%-supportive Apple user and I am greatly disappointed.
Considering a move-over to Windows 7, oh that I am.

At this point; Fuck Apple.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Big.Bang

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday, February 01, 2010, 16:09:10 PM »
The Laptop looks just like an I-Pod. I just don't like the fact that theres no keys... making typing possibly slower ?

Offline Dialects

« Reply #17 on: Monday, February 01, 2010, 16:45:36 PM »
Not only is typing slower, as you are also dragged off of the possibility of multi-tasking.

They did create several points of reference throughout the wheel, though.

Technically, you can press several areas of the wheel at the same time; but ----

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #18 on: Monday, February 01, 2010, 17:07:02 PM »
Dann, I only see 2 benefits (if you can call them that) for you to stick with Apple:
1. You've used it for a long time and you probably know the OS inside and out.
2. As an artist, it makes you look more professional to own a grey/white device with a half-way eaten apple on the side/front.

Other than that... there's nothing special. They're limited versions of a regular PC. Now days they use Intel and Nvidia products. You can buy a Windows-based PC and have far more upgradeability than a Mac and at a cheaper price as well. I really think Microsoft is doing well and is only going to get better. They have the Zune, Xbox and small amounts of keyboards and mice. You don't really see them trying hard to invent new products that the consumers will like even at a high price, they just build on what the consumers like now and feed the demand. Dare I say Windows Vista came at the right time to make them look bad and now Windows 7 a true masterpiece came at another good time.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday, February 01, 2010, 17:51:53 PM »
Dare I say Windows Vista came at the right time to make them look bad and now Windows 7 a true masterpiece came at another good time.
Mystery to Windows Vista revealed.

Thor

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, February 07, 2010, 00:21:11 AM »
This crap is gay lol its exactly like an itouch except just in JUMBO SIZE or laptop touch screen :o

Offline Dialects

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, February 07, 2010, 00:46:19 AM »
Congratulations; You have brought the quality of this discussion a hundred notches down.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, February 07, 2010, 01:47:55 AM »
Come on Dann, he's trying to add something to the conversation via his observations.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Dialects

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, February 07, 2010, 09:04:38 AM »
Meh.

Either way; Some more interesting read.

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/01/31/apple_removes_display_of_adobe_flash_content_from_ipad_promos.html
http://www.appleinsider.com/topics/Flash_Wars.html

Apple's rivals at present, are: Google, Nokia and Adobe.

Also; Remember me talking about Apple producing their own chips/CPUs, Nate? I've read rumours it might actually happen, as they have now bought yet another factory.

Thor

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, February 07, 2010, 13:29:16 PM »
i dont know bout nokia or adobe, i would worry more about google as apple's rival since they are getting pretty big

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager