Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Insurgency : Americas Army sound mod  (Read 4176 times)

Offline HellB0Y

Insurgency : Americas Army sound mod
« on: Wednesday, November 04, 2015, 21:35:35 PM »
So yeah, I've been playing Insurgency and recently found out that Americas Army 2 still exists.. and such, I spent a few hours taking some classic AA sounds and adding them to a sound mod for Insurgency.. Here's a short little video of some game play.

I plan to continue to add more comm sounds for US and Opfor, as well as a few more weapon sounds and maaybe skins for coop and solo play.

« Last Edit: Monday, November 14, 2016, 20:46:04 PM by slammedsedan21 »

Offline HellB0Y

Re: Insurgency : Americas Army sound mod
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, November 04, 2015, 22:49:50 PM »
What is Insurgency lol? I must check it out.

Tactical First Person Shooter. Pretty damn realistic, as far as a game goes. I only recently purchased it myself, and find it very similar to Americas Army 2 in a lot of ways, which is something I've been looking for in video games for years.

I highly recommend checking it out! I personally prefer it with AA2 sounds :P It becomes what AA3 should have been!

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, November 05, 2015, 01:05:19 AM »
Impressive. Are you pulling the files from AA directly, out of the packages? Nevermind, saw the other thread. Good work.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline HellB0Y

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, November 05, 2015, 10:45:36 AM »
Impressive. Are you pulling the files from AA directly, out of the packages? Nevermind, saw the other thread. Good work.

Thanks! My biggest issue at the moment is that I don't think Insurgency has indoor/outdoor gun sounds as AA does, which is slightly problematic. Also, there is a LOT more voice comms on Insurgency than AA, so it will be a mix of default radio/shouts and AA radio/shouts.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, November 05, 2015, 11:18:18 AM »

I highly recommend checking it out! I personally prefer it with AA2 sounds :P It becomes what AA3 should have been!

Except for lacking a proper medic class at all (and a proper cooperative counterpart). But it's still an interesting game that runs really good on nearly every platform. Got to say, watching the video and listening to these sounds, makes for quite an impression :) Insurgency surely benefits a lot from these sounds.

Offline HellB0Y

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, November 07, 2015, 22:24:59 PM »
Except for lacking a proper medic class at all (and a proper cooperative counterpart). But it's still an interesting game that runs really good on nearly every platform. Got to say, watching the video and listening to these sounds, makes for quite an impression :) Insurgency surely benefits a lot from these sounds.

It would be nice to have a medic class as AA does, however you win some you lose some. :P Insurgency simply is a lot close to what I had hoped AA3 would be, than what it was.. if that makes sense.

As well as continually updating the sound mod, I've been re texturing the insurgent models to *somewhat* resemble Opfor in AA2. They're not even close to perfect, unfortunately, but the similarities are there.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, November 08, 2015, 02:59:44 AM »
Looks just fine, the left arm looks "funny" to say the least but i guess it's the player model fault.

Offline DoWahDiddy

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, November 08, 2015, 04:45:11 AM »
Looks just fine, the left arm looks "funny" to say the least but i guess it's the player model fault.
they got to the elbow and thought "fuck it"

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager