Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: UScript Compiling Problom  (Read 6714 times)

Offline LEEFFM

UScript Compiling Problom
« on: Saturday, November 01, 2014, 12:21:11 PM »
So in the Compiling's folder there is a -{DG}-Crusade10 it compiles just fine in the compiling's folder, I wanted to move it to my runtime folder so I if I edited I could save it separate from the original and so I could rename it to RespawnMod because that's what it is. I can successfully compile it as RespawnMod.u in the compiling folder it came in but if I copy and paste the RespawnMod  folder and try to compile the original in the runtime folder I get this error: Error in dgcrusade.uc (77): Unrecognized member 'SetStartupStage' in class 'HumanController' I was just wondering if anyone knew what could be causing the error I assume there might be something missing from my runtime folder if it compiles in the compiling's folder it came in just fine. What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 01, 2014, 13:02:21 PM by Spanky »

Offline ELiZ

Re: Compiling Problom
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, November 01, 2014, 13:00:45 PM »
Unreal don't recompile if it thinks that the script hasn't changed.
Delete -{DG}-Crusade10.u or what ever the original file was.

What do you mean by compiling's folder

Offline LEEFFM

Re: UScript Compiling Problom
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, November 01, 2014, 13:12:37 PM »
The name of the folder I Received the mod in is named "Compilings" I can compile it in that folder, when I copy it to runtime it wont compile. There is no -{DG}-Crusade10.u in my runtime system folder because I cannot compile it in the runtime that is where I get the error: Error in dgcrusade.uc (77): Unrecognized member 'SetStartupStage' in class 'HumanController',    but I can compile it just fine in the folder it came in "Compilings".

so to elaborate "C:\Users\MyUser\Downloads\Compilings" is where I got the mod and where it successfully compiles.
"C:\UnrealEngine2Runtime" is where I copied the  -{DG}-Crusade10 folder to but when I try to compile I get the error listed above.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, November 01, 2014, 13:39:29 PM »
Since you're starting with the basic AAOClass files that were created many years ago, they're not complete or perfect by any means. See step 12-17 of Crusade's tutorial on how to fix these errors:
12:
now pull the dgcrusade.uc into the umake icon on your desktop.

13:
a window will appear and show's you are done.
press the details button

you will see a error
Error in dgcrusade.uc (12): Unrecognized member 'EmptyInventory' in class 'AGP_Pawn'

14:
we need to fix the error
go to C:\UnrealEngine2RuntimeDemo\AGP\Classes\AGP_Pawn.uc

and add this line to the file add the botem
function EmptyInventory();

now pull the AGP_Pawn.uc to the umake icon on your desktop.

see if there are any errors by pressing details

you will see this

Success - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

that's good

15:
pull the C:\UnrealEngine2RuntimeDemo\-{DG}-Crusade\Classes\dgcrusade.uc file to the umake icon

you will get a new error

Error in dgcrusade.uc (14): Unrecognized member 'CreateInventoryFromName' in class 'AGP_Pawn'

put this line in the C:\UnrealEngine2RuntimeDemo\AGP\Classes\AGP_Pawn.uc file and pull it to the umake icon on your desktop

function Inventory CreateInventoryFromName(string InventoryClassName, optional bool bIndigenous);

16:
now pull the dgcrusade.uc to the umake icon on the desktop
C:\UnrealEngine2RuntimeDemo\-{DG}-Crusade\Classes\dgcrusade.uc

press details:
Success - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Congratulations. you made your first file.

17:
the file now is in C:\UnrealEngine2RuntimeDemo\System\-{DG}-Crusade.u

you are finished.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline LEEFFM

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, November 01, 2014, 14:02:33 PM »
*facepalm* i really should remember to check the tutorial file :P , Thanks :)

Offline LEEFFM

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, November 01, 2014, 14:25:06 PM »
ok now i have this error: Error in dgcrusade.uc (33): 'privateset': Bad command or expression

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, November 01, 2014, 14:27:22 PM »
You have to add the function "PrivateSet" somewhere in your sdk, recompile the module and then try again.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, November 01, 2014, 14:30:27 PM »
You can look into the AA packages(Unreal Packages) using "UTPT" software, you can decompile functions with it as well, BUT sometimes the output will be incorrect, you can copy & paste them into your SDK etc etc.
And it all is a pain in the @ss, it's a tedious process... be ready for more headcaches  :oops:
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Offline LEEFFM

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, November 01, 2014, 14:43:46 PM »
i was gonna ask where to put that function :P but the only places i see privateset used are

privateset("AGP_GameMultiPlayer bMPCheatsEnabled 1");
privateset("AGP_GameMultiPlayer bMPCheatsEnabled 0");

that's in 2 diffent functions so i fiqured it would go in AGP_GameMultiPlayer  but that seemed to do nothing.

thanks , im gonna find and download UTPT and see if i can find what im looking for

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, November 01, 2014, 15:22:11 PM »
you can always comment these functions to disable them, as your main goal is to compile the package >D

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, November 01, 2014, 15:25:46 PM »
privateset are Located in
\Core\Classes\Object.uc

Code: [Select]
native final Function PrivateSet (string szCommand);

Offline LEEFFM

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, November 01, 2014, 16:25:31 PM »
ok thanks :D , but now i cant compile Object.uc error: Unable to find main game configuration file.
i assume that an .ini file but what would I put in the file or where should i look to figure it out?

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, November 01, 2014, 16:27:41 PM »
Maybe it's wanting the .ini for the mod?
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline LEEFFM

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, November 01, 2014, 17:02:26 PM »
The only .ini I can find is the make file generated by UMake in the "Compilings" folder where the original project was. I tried copying the make file but when compiling I got this error: 
Code: [Select]
----- Core (Release)
Analyzing...
Parsing Object
Can't find 'intUObjectexecPrivateSet' in 'Core.dll'

History: UPackage::GetDllExport <- UFunction::Bind <- Function/Operator <- FScriptCompiler::CompileDeclaration <- FScriptCompiler::CompileStatement <- FirstPass <- TryCompile <- FScriptCompiler::CompileScript <- (Class Core.Object, Pass 0, Line 18) <- MakeScript <- DoScripts <- UEditorEngine::MakeScripts <- UMakeCommandlet::Main

Exiting due to error

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, November 02, 2014, 07:57:39 AM »
Parsing Object
Can't find 'intUObjectexecPrivateSet' in 'Core.dll'
... that's why I told you to not compile the native classes. Core is a native package, so compiler will try to bind every single native stuff (classes, functions, enums etc.) to corresponding .dll package.

Your only option is to remove every single 'native' word from each script in this package, but in the end what you are trying to do is really useless. I could explain to you why, but not knowing UnrealScript OOP, you would not understand what I'm talking about.

BTW: UTPT is not fully supporting AA2.5, so most of the code will be stripped / missing / wrong.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 02, 2014, 08:02:42 AM by NoBigDeal »
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager