Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: aa4 - the big game!  (Read 9567 times)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

Re: aa4 - the big game!
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, April 04, 2015, 13:23:32 PM »
Change is in the air…

With the full release of America’s Army: Proving Grounds fast approaching, we have a lot of exciting things going on. Here’s a look at some of the changes that you will start seeing soon.

New Forum

The first big change you will see is the new and improved forum!  We are changing our forum software to take advantage of single-sign-on (use your AA account to login to the forum, instead of a forum-only account).  This should get more people involved in discussions since you won’t have to create a new account and information from the forum can integrate with the website and game better than ever before.  The current forum will be archived and made available to read, but no new posts will be allowed.  We will let you know when the switch will be made in the next few weeks.

New Website

Our web team has been hard at work to bring you the most relevant AA information in a very cool way.  Expect the americasarmy.com website to look very different for the full release.

Stats and Scoring

After the full release, we will keep the stats from the beta available to view in your profile along with the new stats.  There will be less scoring events, new values for the number of points for each event and a new rank system that starts at E-1 Private and advances through E-9 Sergeant Major of the Army with 5 levels within each rank (except E-1 only has one level).  There will also be a host of new challenges for each weapon that will unlock optics and skins.

Opt-in Weekends

In the next few weeks we are going to begin testing new features and collecting feedback.  Our goal is to allow anyone that wants to test with us the option to opt-in to an early release.  It will only be available for a few days at a time as we collect feedback, scoring data and bug reports.  All scoring data will be reset at the end of each event and we will be hosting multiple events before the release.  Map creators should be sure to get in on these events because you can use them to update your maps and have them ready to publish right after the release.  Any sounds that were used in a map will have to be updated to the new package since all sounds have moved.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, April 04, 2015, 13:55:00 PM »
I really hope they're going to test everything throughout before release. It's way too bad that i can't have a decent chance to play with the internet connection i got at the moment :/

Offline raw

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 06:31:52 AM »
I think I've played AA3 less than Halo or Counter-Strike, both games I hate entirely. Never even bothered to download AA:PG.

You should download aa:pg

...we / you all should.
AA2  2005-2015
AA:PG 2015-

Offline Southofheaven

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 07:58:29 AM »
Aa4 is great i did play bit what upsets me more than game crash is the ammount of hackers playing. There is a guy from the early aa2 years playing there whit more chan 100 cheat reports in the fórum and nothing happens.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 08:34:07 AM »
report it to ACI and he will be banned.
this works great.

www.anticheatinc.net

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager