Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: aa4 - the big game!  (Read 9564 times)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: aa4 - the big game!
« Reply #15 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 17:22:49 PM »
Not you apparently. I got an estonian teammate btw, he's called Mikk. He also attends the university in Tallinn (biology).
Cool. TUT or TU? Probably the latter, though.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 17:29:01 PM »
Cool. TUT or TU? Probably the latter, though.

TUT. He's a cool guy, we got this Derob team going (link in my signature), there are at least 3 est. players.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 30, 2015, 17:37:24 PM by Koden »

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #17 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 18:02:01 PM »
you know which admins teddy, sure you know :)

and no, not private beta tester. the ones with the signature on the letter of ..... but who care about it. just play it - inner hospital and other maps. and all aa2 maps as well if you like. hehe, so it is.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #18 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 18:18:04 PM »
and all aa2 maps as well if you like. hehe, so it is.

Not really true, I've held back on the release on the AA2 maps for AAPG since the last release, and since they are cooked, they will not work with the last version.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #19 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 18:20:35 PM »
oh, I can play them.
you are very invited to join me there. what map you would like, I did download them and you have to download them from my clanpage http://swiss-clan-site.enjin.com
you are always welcome ELiZ

btw: you know that I know who did them :)

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #20 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 18:39:20 PM »
oh, I can play them.
you are very invited to join me there. what map you would like, I did download them and you have to download them from my clanpage http://swiss-clan-site.enjin.com
you are always welcome ELiZ

btw: you know that I know who did them :)
I know I didn't have the permission needed to really remake the maps for AAPG, but you surely didn't have my permission to rebuild and release the maps for your self, please remove.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #21 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 19:25:25 PM »
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zjup51domh2bgff/AAACAXsrOH8ydhI2zWWu4fp6a?dl=0

this was taken from the official aa4 pg umm. but no worries, if you don't want that I do play on them - you did them - so I will not play them. ok (but not because you have the copyright, no. this is to the America's army devs as you know).

but do remember, others can have power to do what almost they want. remember, not only admins in here. so start to be fair with ALL. it's time to do so NOW.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 30, 2015, 20:13:40 PM by [SWISS]Merlin »

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #22 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 20:37:19 PM »
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zjup51domh2bgff/AAACAXsrOH8ydhI2zWWu4fp6a?dl=0

this was taken from the official aa4 pg umm. but no worries, if you don't want that I do play on them - you did them - so I will not play them. ok (but not because you have the copyright, no. this is to the America's army devs as you know).

but do remember, others can have power to do what almost they want. remember, not only admins in here. so start to be fair with ALL. it's time to do so NOW.

Since those seem to be the same files I've made available on steam, there has been no modification or rebuilding, so those I'm ok with.

As for AA dev having all the copyright, your are partially right, I've spent houndreds of hours adding lighmap UV's and collision meshes, to those they have NO copyright.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 20:42:58 PM »
Merlin what's your steam name I'll add u

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #24 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 21:51:03 PM »
[SWISS]Merlin
what else :)
but nice, thanks.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 14:35:10 PM »
you know which admins teddy, sure you know :)

and no, not private beta tester. the ones with the signature on the letter of ..... but who care about it. just play it - inner hospital and other maps. and all aa2 maps as well if you like. hehe, so it is.

Most umm (custom maps) don't get played a lot, in AAPG, and its quite a shame because they're much better optimized (i believe Eliz did an impressive job there, both quantity and quality). I guess  the custom scene was much more alive back in AA2 thanks to the cooperative mode.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 16:28:25 PM »
i will show you a way to get them playable on aapg.
but tomorrow i have others to do. i will contact you about it friday.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 17:20:23 PM »
Most umm (custom maps) don't get played a lot, in AAPG, and its quite a shame because they're much better optimized (i believe Eliz did an impressive job there, both quantity and quality). I guess  the custom scene was much more alive back in AA2 thanks to the cooperative mode.
It did feel for me that the COOP part was the only custom maps people played really...
One reason was that the mission depot hardly let any map through.
Another reason was probably the same reason that people nowadays only play Hospital and Pipeline.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 17:31:16 PM »
It did feel for me that the COOP part was the only custom maps people played really...
One reason was that the mission depot hardly let any map through.
Another reason was probably the same reason that people nowadays only play Hospital and Pipeline.

The official Mission Depot was abandoned after 2008-2009 i think. Ive rarely seen updated content added to it. They even cared so much for it, that they took it down in late 2011. So much content disappearing..

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, April 04, 2015, 11:28:09 AM »
Since those seem to be the same files I've made available on steam, there has been no modification or rebuilding, so those I'm ok with.

As for AA dev having all the copyright, your are partially right, I've spent houndreds of hours adding lighmap UV's and collision meshes, to those they have NO copyright.

Unless you've made remakes (idea the same,but build from the ground and used your own content) you have no rights to these maps at all - does not matter how many hours you've spent modifying it / porting / making compatible.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 04, 2015, 11:41:41 AM by NoBigDeal »
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager