Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AA2.3  (Read 11752 times)

Jonnym

Re: AA2.3
« Reply #15 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 03:25:46 AM »
When we launch Classic AA we will have out own auth system so will we control who plays.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #16 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 03:42:37 AM »
It's really uncanny how nothing will happen for a while then someone always comes along and starts it up again.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Dialects

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2009, 22:19:00 PM »
I'll slander a note around:

We are bound to work together for fucking ever.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2009, 22:26:33 PM »
We are bound to work together for fucking ever.

Till death do us part? If so, I got some rat poi... I mean feel-good pills that I can send you free of charge :)

Offline Dialects

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2009, 22:29:30 PM »
Since the bitch has spoken, I guess I can also add:

AA Classic can become one of the best out there, if Spanky gets money-drop on his Paypal.

This is a true fact.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2009, 22:37:17 PM »
I'll have you know that I am no longer using Paypal since eBay tried to screw me over. I prefer cash via mail now kthxbai.

Jimbo

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, December 24, 2009, 17:46:09 PM »
IMO: 2.3 is still the best version out there, that is somwhat remotely playable.  I think S2K still has their server up on there.  If they don't, I know there is at least one up.  I had one of my old buddies check it a few weeks ago.  I seemingly regret moving to 2.5 because of the community.  2.3 had OBG for a while, and it was definitely a good game to play.  If the amount of effort some people take to free 2.5/2.8.5 of cheaters was placed on 2.3, it'd definitely draw a crowd back.

When I played 2.3, I loved it because of the no bullshit attitudes people had, and if you fucked up, you had to deal with it.  Hardly any politics involved, and it was just a great place to be around.  Lastly, everyone there was mature...to some point.  Older players understood newer players and didn't treat them like shit when they couldn't figure out how to open doors.

2.5 is much much much different.  I'd say 2.8.5 is even more understanding of new players than 2.5 is.

I think I still have all the server files for 2.3...but that's on my external that died last night.  If people do want to go back there, I'd be happy to find my AA2.3 installation again.

Oh, and the reason AA is starting to suck big time is the players that play.  Now its all foreign players who don't speak english and are kinda annoying...plus 95% of the guys I gamed with back on 2.3+ are no longer gaming, or no longer wish to play AA due to the above stated facts.

just my imo

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, December 24, 2009, 17:56:18 PM »
I seemingly regret moving to 2.5 because of the community.  2.3 had OBG for a while, and it was definitely a good game to play.  If the amount of effort some people take to free 2.5/2.8.5 of cheaters was placed on 2.3, it'd definitely draw a crowd back.

When I played 2.3, I loved it because of the no bullshit attitudes people had, and if you fucked up, you had to deal with it.  Hardly any politics involved, and it was just a great place to be around.  Lastly, everyone there was mature...to some point.  Older players understood newer players and didn't treat them like shit when they couldn't figure out how to open doors.

2.5 is much much much different.  I'd say 2.8.5 is even more understanding of new players than 2.5 is.

Oh, and the reason AA is starting to suck big time is the players that play.  Now its all foreign players who don't speak english and are kinda annoying...plus 95% of the guys I gamed with back on 2.3+ are no longer gaming, or no longer wish to play AA due to the above stated facts.

I knew someone would be able to explain it :) This is exactly how I feel, every last word. With that said though, there are quite a few obstacles to do things for 2.3. 2.5 has pretty much endless possibilities as far as modding and mapping. I would have chosen 2.3 to work on when I first started with mAAp but the UnrealEd we have doesn't work there. It was 2.5 or 2.6... I'm still not sure if I/we made the right choice...

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, December 24, 2009, 18:03:45 PM »
If I remember correctly, AA went from UE2 to UE2.5 on version 2.4

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, December 24, 2009, 18:05:33 PM »
If I remember correctly, AA went from UE2 to UE2.5 on version 2.4
Bingo. Although I do find it funny that UE2.5 can open maps from AA1.0 :D

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, December 24, 2009, 18:16:51 PM »
This is slightly off-topic but I think this is a good read pertaining to UE and AA.
http://www.bebo.com/BlogView.jsp?MemberId=74931766&BlogId=1745354522
Scroll down to Unreal Engine 2.5 and look at America's Army. It says it uses UE2.5 from version 2.4 to 2.9 (MOVES Institute). But next notice how this blog post was made 1224 days ago or August 18, 2006. They must of gotten this info from somewhere to know that AA would go to version 2.9 and that there would be an AA3 on Unreal Engine 3.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, December 24, 2009, 18:27:58 PM »
I don't think it's surprising. AA3 was probably announced (it was for a long time) and so the logical choice would say that v2.9.9.9 would use UE2.5 although 2.9 will probably never exist.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, December 24, 2009, 18:36:10 PM »
Isnt AA on like 2.8.6 or something ridiculous?

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, December 24, 2009, 18:43:20 PM »
I believe the full version is 2.8.6.2.45 :)

Jonnym

« Reply #29 on: Friday, December 25, 2009, 03:43:41 AM »
I knew I wanted to use 2.3... Spanky needs to find a way of getting his maps onto 2.3.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager