Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: 10$ - and be admin on your own server  (Read 12129 times)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

10$ - and be admin on your own server
« on: Monday, April 04, 2016, 11:52:36 AM »
if you like to be admin on your own server, you can rent a server at www.nomad.enjin.com.
with its "full service". you dont have to know how to configure a server, nothing of that at all.

just let me know at [email protected] what you would like to have. almost everthing is possible, just ask for.

example:
1 server, 32 slots, open, mapvote, rotating maps, forbidden drop and spam nades, restarting every day at the time you would like (or not), print screen shots of each player, ts3 server slots for your clan and so on....

for only 10$ a month
included full service of all - one mail with your wishes and 24 hrs after, all done

Mia Cop

Re: 10$ - and be admin on your own server
« Reply #1 on: Monday, April 04, 2016, 12:25:25 PM »
Interesting indeed. ;)
So any player of this game can be admin and have a private server?
Is this a good decision or is financially the smart one? 
Don't get me wrong, just asking..
 :)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #2 on: Monday, April 04, 2016, 15:08:01 PM »
this is how the game works. you can rent a server for 0.9 cents a slot from datacenters. or you can "rent" - to be honest, its almost for free - a server from anybody who will be able to configure a server as you wish.

and for friends, i do it for $5, for others i do it for $10 :)

just to pay some respect, not about money at all. i did think i should tell that now in here. as a chance for all with less money to have a own server.

this is a support task for new clans, having fun with its own servers. for a price that is not that high as other ones. that's the main reason of it.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 04, 2016, 15:13:05 PM by [SWISS]Merlin »

Mia Cop

« Reply #3 on: Monday, April 04, 2016, 16:24:27 PM »
this is how the game works. you can rent a server for 0.9 cents a slot from datacenters. or you can "rent" - to be honest, its almost for free - a server from anybody who will be able to configure a server as you wish.

and for friends, i do it for $5, for others i do it for $10 :)

just to pay some respect, not about money at all. i did think i should tell that now in here. as a chance for all with less money to have a own server.

this is a support task for new clans, having fun with its own servers. for a price that is not that high as other ones. that's the main reason of it.

I don't want to give the impression that i don't like your idea or trying to ruin your kindness. Please don't think so. I just wanna say that the most majority of new players don't have good experience to become a admin server.

Eventually, all the bad new players (included me) will get good experience about this game after a while.
Is kind of ironic i am 'complaining' but i just think that new players need to deserve the server, to get to know some things about this game first, about players and etc. There's already enough admins, it would be great if admins can teach new players about the game and more things, so they can be prepared for everything, including how to become a GREAT server admin.

This wasn't post about the money, i was joking Merlin.
I know i am nobody here, but at least i can say what i am thinking.. ;)

Mia Cop

« Reply #4 on: Monday, April 04, 2016, 16:28:55 PM »
I am supporting you 100% with this, because you want to give a chance to new players, and that's really nice of you and i get that i just have my own opinion about this. ;)

Offline ronski

« Reply #5 on: Monday, April 04, 2016, 16:41:00 PM »
Bank account at Panama? ;) good job :up:

Is there a option to restart rent server manually when ever it's needed? Ini handling works through sftp?
« Last Edit: Monday, April 04, 2016, 16:46:48 PM by ronski »

Mia Cop

« Reply #6 on: Monday, April 04, 2016, 16:53:13 PM »
Bank account at Panama? ;) good job :up:

Is there a option to restart rent server manually when ever it's needed? Ini handling works through sftp?

Ronski, you have your bank account also, it's not in Panama, but Miami is also good for 'black money'. I've payed you for your protection.. :D Hahahihi

Mia Cop

« Reply #7 on: Monday, April 04, 2016, 17:38:30 PM »
Your first post _was_ about money. You wrote "Is this a good decision or is financially the smart one?", which translates more or less to asking "Is this not expensive for a server?". But after Merlin replied, that he doesn't do this for money, you immediately took a different stance with all this "how nice" stuff.

I fail to see any logical connection here. EDIT: after reading it second time, I think I got what you meant, scratch that.

Your translation is wrong like always.
I don't think at all that servers are expensive, quite opposite, they are cheap, 10$ is nothing what all admins are doing here for all of us and this game.
Like I've said, it's not about the money it's about _not experienced players_ who wants to become admins.
Read more times the posts if you don't understand it after reading it first/only 1 time.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #8 on: Monday, April 04, 2016, 18:10:04 PM »
roski, if you would like to get me back to this forum, you will fail.

panama. sure, i guess big sergio is holding the account for feeding this game with some money there. i did spent more then 100$ to support this game. did i say something i will get the money for myself? did i? - no. maybe you dont know - but there is no need that you do know - i am still supporting this game.... because i love it. thats all. so maybe stand back and wait - for once.

for every new player and its clan - there should be a chance to grow...GROW. to get this game further then its now. nothing did really helped what we all did. only Nate, Sergio, Teddy and ELiZ did more then others to keep this game alive. sorry, i do have to say this.

and for everybody, there is a time to call "hurraaa, it was the first tiime" ;) - so what is the difference between a server renting from nick for 30$ as a commercial task or to "rent" one for 5/10$ as a supporting task? there is a big difference, but not on the experiance task, for sure not. its about money for one part.

so it is. just another step trying to help this game going on, because - as you can see - its not growing anymore. the opposite is the truth. and the "old school players" - looooool - are gone. for them we did canceled the whole fun part of this game - mutate is the word.

have nice dreams - for all of you.

Offline ronski

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, April 05, 2016, 00:29:09 AM »
Sorry about that, now when I read my message for another time I see how it looks :oops: I was just joking with the recent financial topic...

I honestly think you're doing good job with this. I know it's not about the money, but $10/32 slots is not much at all. So is there a option to restart server manually when needed?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 05, 2016, 00:47:17 AM by ronski »

Offline ronski

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, April 05, 2016, 00:49:13 AM »
Ronski, you have your bank account also, it's not in Panama, but Miami is also good for 'black money'. I've payed you for your protection.. :D Hahahihi
shus so they wont get me, they are focusing on Panama right now so I have plenty of time to move from Miami to another paradise ;)

Offline raw

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, April 05, 2016, 00:50:42 AM »
I can tell the support our clan gets from the Lowpinggameservers in AA: PG. Merlin's support is faster :)
Sometimes even without asking hes done things to our clanservers.
We have currently the main server from "real" gaming server provider and 2 others with the Merlins way.

Very happy for the result so far. ( Oh yea, i get 1$ from every new deal now for posting this)
AA2  2005-2015
AA:PG 2015-

Mia Cop

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, April 05, 2016, 04:10:54 AM »
Merlin,

Nobody here wanted to say that you are doing this for the money. You are a passionate person, and you are doing all this because you really want to help and we all can see that you love this game a lot.
Second part with our posts:
We just mixed a little foolishness with your serious plan, because it is lovely to be silly at the right moment but you didn't recognize it.  :(
AA is fun, so let's make a fun and let's stop being so hard to each other and thinking all the time how we always want to stab a knife in your back because that ain't a true. People in this game don't much go for real knives. :)

Offline Ganja

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, April 05, 2016, 06:47:31 AM »
This sounds like a win-win situation I would say

Mia Cop

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, April 05, 2016, 08:21:23 AM »
This sounds like a win-win situation I would say

In this game there are no winners, there are only survivors..
 :style:  :up:  :up:

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager