Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: 10$ - and be admin on your own server  (Read 12122 times)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: 10$ - and be admin on your own server
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, April 05, 2016, 13:58:17 PM »
I don't need a server, Merlin, stop being such an annoying salesman! :D

(just kidding if you didn't notice)
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, April 05, 2016, 14:17:35 PM »
if you like to be admin on your own server, you can rent a server at www.nomad.enjin.com.
with its "full service". you dont have to know how to configure a server, nothing of that at all.

just let me know at [email protected] what you would like to have. almost everthing is possible, just ask for.

example:
1 server, 32 slots, open, mapvote, rotating maps, forbidden drop and spam nades, restarting every day at the time you would like (or not), print screen shots of each player, ts3 server slots for your clan and so on....

for only 10$ a month
included full service of all - one mail with your wishes and 24 hrs after, all done
Nice way to help this game Merlin hope  that players will be active to make a team that like the game.
It will bring more work for you merlin ,but i know you have a love /hate relation with this game , love rules hey!

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, April 05, 2016, 14:19:43 PM »
I don't need a server, Merlin, stop being such an annoying salesman! :D

(just kidding if you didn't notice)

i got it, almost not, but i got it :)

and i will tell BigSergio to make a bigger account at Panama, maybe some money will start to flow ;)

Offline halko

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, April 05, 2016, 22:06:06 PM »
Where are servers located? I'm having ping issues usually always on ur servers Merlin.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, April 06, 2016, 01:52:01 AM »
Where are servers located? I'm having ping issues usually always on ur servers Merlin.
They're in his home so the ping would be the same as any other server at his house.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, April 06, 2016, 02:17:36 AM »
Located in Zürich, Switzerland. Best Ping, as i could see, is for Eastern Europe. You do not need to restart the servers, they will be restarted automaticaly ever day at 07.00 CEST. If you like to change anything, just mail it, and its done 24 hrs. later.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, April 06, 2016, 02:31:19 AM »
Located in Zürich, Switzerland. Best Ping, as i could see, is for Eastern Europe. You do not need to restart the servers, they will be restarted automaticaly ever day at 07.00 CEST. If you like to change anything, just mail it, and its done 24 hrs. later.

Do you happen to make the same deal for AAPG servers? I might have a couple people interested.

Offline ronski

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, April 06, 2016, 02:58:29 AM »
But if you'd like to change .ini files during a day, to restart server for example in some mod mode, turn it to scrim server with no player admins defined, or add / remove playeradmin, or add / remove guid bans etc.. Do they need to contact you to make that change happen?

Pipezor made it possible for us, that we can handle server files at his home server via sftp and we can also restart server via browser, so if you don't have this option there yet, I bet he would share his solution for you :)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, April 06, 2016, 13:00:34 PM »
Do you happen to make the same deal for AAPG servers? I might have a couple people interested.

yes Koden, there are aapg servers to rent. same conditions. but this money will not flow to aa2 ;) - first i have to finance my clanpage, then i maybe spend also money from there to aa2. but you can tell me your account on the virgin islands  :P

you can test the servers for a month, then you have to pay for it after 30 day - so not in advance. if you are not happy, dont pay and i will stop the server. sounds fair i guess.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 06, 2016, 13:06:15 PM by [SWISS]Merlin »

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, April 06, 2016, 13:02:24 PM »
But if you'd like to change .ini files during a day, to restart server for example in some mod mode, turn it to scrim server with no player admins defined, or add / remove playeradmin, or add / remove guid bans etc.. Do they need to contact you to make that change happen?

Pipezor made it possible for us, that we can handle server files at his home server via sftp and we can also restart server via browser, so if you don't have this option there yet, I bet he would share his solution for you :)

this cheap price is not ment for server freaks - changing all day 5 times the configurations. you can change the config by telling me, but i dont want - because of security reasons - start the ftp/sftp service on my side. i could, but i dont want this.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, April 06, 2016, 13:20:02 PM »
yes Koden, there are aapg servers to rent. same conditions. but this money will not flow to aa2 ;) - first i have to finance my clanpage, then i maybe spend also money from there to aa2. but you can tell me your account on the virgin islands  :P

you can test the servers for a month, then you have to pay for it after 30 day - so not in advance. if you are not happy, dont pay and i will stop the server. sounds fair i guess.
Got it, i wouldn't care where the cash is going to anyway :p I'm not asking for myself, I just happened to have a few friends who could be interested.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, April 07, 2016, 01:58:13 AM »
ok. they can send me an email to tuechli@gmail - if interested.

Offline Nick

• Administrator
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Friday, April 08, 2016, 15:39:30 PM »
Well with merlins permission I will do the same to help the community with our USA based datacenters.

If Merlin gives it the okay (since it was his idea, asking out of respect) I will offer up 32 slot servers for $10/mo as well in any of our USA locations.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #28 on: Friday, April 08, 2016, 16:24:50 PM »
great Nick, i did think you are a noob, but now i guess i have to change my mind (a bit :)).
nice offer.

i really hope that this game will survive, with this maybe a bit a better chance.
go on, i hope it will activate more players maybe founding a clan with its own servers. thank you.

and i wouldn't be angry if you would do that also for Europe :)

edit: just to be sure about it. i will spend the money to this community, i guess you too, right?
« Last Edit: Friday, April 08, 2016, 18:30:03 PM by [SWISS]Merlin »

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #29 on: Friday, April 08, 2016, 19:40:20 PM »
thanks pit, i know that. but i will not make new servers, i will change existing nomad servers.
so no more server.

but to be honest. even when there would be 300 servers, who cares. i dosnt hurt this game at all ;)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager