Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: [Help] AA Sound Files  (Read 2479 times)

Offline Genome.Soldier

[Help] AA Sound Files
« on: Monday, February 23, 2015, 16:23:10 PM »
So I've been trying to find a way to export all the weapon sounds out of AA, but can't seem to get it right. A friend of mine plays Insurgency (http://store.steampowered.com/app/222880/) a lot and said how great it would be to have those sounds in Insurgency even just for the nostalgia.

I didn't tell him I was going to find a way to do it for him or anything, but I'm curious if anyone knows of a way to export them from AA reliably? I found this thread (http://aao25.com/forum/general-chat-90/guide-for-converting-game-assets-from-america's-army-2-8-5-to-america's-army-2-5/msg13241/#msg13241) and tried to replicate it, but could not do so successfully. I was able to find the files, load the file in the preview and even preview some of them. However most of them would produce an error when trying to preview. Not to mention trying to export them caused the unpacker to crash every time with the same error. Not at my desktop or I would do it again and take screenshots of the error for you guys.

Anyways, does somebody have a solution to this? If so it would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
Re: [Help] AA Sound Files
« Reply #1 on: Monday, February 23, 2015, 17:16:57 PM »
Hello,
Try a program called "UTPT" (Unreal package tool),  you can try "Dragon Unpacker" as well,  Im not sure if the lastest version of Dragon Unpacker works but you must give it a try.

There are other options, but Im not into them.
« Last Edit: Monday, February 23, 2015, 17:22:06 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #2 on: Monday, February 23, 2015, 17:47:21 PM »
The latest version of AARE is 3.3
Did you use that one or the one in the post you linked to?

Offline Genome.Soldier

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, February 26, 2015, 16:07:43 PM »
@Possessed: I tried dragon unpacker, and that was what was giving me the errors when I tried to preview & extract the sound files. I'll have to try UTPT though, thanks for the heads up on that.

@ELiZ: I was not aware that there was a 3.3 version. I'll have to check that out later today, thanks! Should AARE 3.3 be able to extract the sound files out no problem?

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, February 26, 2015, 20:23:26 PM »
Yes

Offline HellB0Y

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, November 04, 2015, 12:37:26 PM »
Hey, bumping a somewhat old thread but my reply is somewhat relevant.

I had a similar idea.. I'd like to have RPK and AK47 sounds from AA2 for the insurgents. Haven't done any of that yet, but I did manage to replace the frag shouts with "Brosite Granata" which is pretty awesome haha.

Edit: I've just finished modding the RPK sound to the AA2 rpk sound, which is great imo. I'm unable to take a video at the moment however.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 04, 2015, 15:39:54 PM by slammedsedan21 »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager