Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Starcraft II Wings of Liberty  (Read 11408 times)

Offline [Nifty]-mister

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
Starcraft II Wings of Liberty
« on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 17:47:03 PM »
I will be making my first review about this game when i get home tomine i wil hope everyone will like.
BlueBlaster: Dann called him a vertically-​challenged nigger.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Starcraft II Wings of Liberty
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 18:21:16 PM »
Excellent review, top notch!
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 18:21:59 PM »
Why not wait until you are ready to post a review to make a topic? Will be waiting for the review though.  ;)

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 18:25:49 PM »
Took me quite some time to realize I had not read "Star Fox Wings of Liberty". Had my "I can't let you do that Mister" post written out and everything.
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline [Nifty]-mister

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 19:48:22 PM »
For those who still remember Windows ME & those who are still trying to forget it, i present you with my humble review of Starcraft II.

The firt thing that i noticed about the game is that the game is not a PC resourse consuming bitch like most games these days..

Saying this, these are the minimal requirements:

GFX: GeForce 7/8 Series o Radeon 1000/2000 de 256 MB RAM
CPU: Pentium 4
RAM: 1 GB

Recomended:

GFX: GeForce 8000 o Radeon 2000 series de 512 MB RAM
CPU: Core 2 Duo or Athlon X2.
RAM: 2 GB

Installing the game is pretty much straigth foward as many games, after you login and authenticate your account to battlenet.com you get to the good part.

there are the same old 3 races, terran, prothos and zerg, as i have had the game for only a week i'll be just talking about the terran race.

Playability:

The game is played as every other strategy game you can select a single unit or a bunch of them, organize them as you like creating so called "squads" with combinations of units or a single tipe of units.

The AI of the game is pretty good i am playing in in casual and i have had some troubles with it, this doesn't mean they are not unbeatable, they are the exact oposite wich really let me down cos i was specting a bit more of a challenge.

Gathering resources is the same as in the previous delivery of these games just that it takes more time top gather resources, wich is a bad thing if you build build build, and procude units and you sent them all to their doom, and if they get all killed you end up with your pants arround your ankles....

There is a lot of new units to build for example ghost units wich are fully cloacked and with one of them you can take at least 7-8 enemy units till they realize you are cloacked.

Gameplay:

Very straigth foward there is not much to say about this if you have played COH, AOE, and any other strategy game you will do just fine!

User inteface:

For me this is what made the game awesome, you will navigate within 4 diff deck of a starship.

The Cantina or tabern how you want to call it, there you will hire mercenaires, and hear funny stories and a bit ot the news of what is happening in the space.

The Bridge there you will play new missions or replay old ones watch cinematics of the avance fo the game.

The armoy here is where you will upgrade every single unit and buildingas the game advances and you get money by playing the missions some of them are not worth the upgrade, so choose wisely.

Tech lab every mission has bonus objectives wich will you will recive zerg or prothos research point wich will help you develop new techs for the units you already own.

I hope you guys liked this small review, i strongly recomend this game for those strategy freaks and those who loved starcraft will love the music in this one too!

Now some screenshots!

http://www.upload.ee/image/709467/blizzard-starcraft-2-ii-screenshots-01.jpg
http://bsides.myx.tv/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/starcraft2.jpg
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 19:52:04 PM by [Nifty]-mister »

Offline [Nifty]-mister

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday, September 24, 2010, 10:01:31 AM »
too humble, didnt read

translate into "i am too much of a tool to read this post"

Offline Knight

• Teh Hugeburger
  • Dedicated Poster
  • Human Analog
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/61454245@N05/
« Reply #6 on: Monday, December 27, 2010, 02:18:28 AM »
Some input from a veteran SC player.

This game plays exactly like starcraft/brood war, this means all your keybindings (save those for things that have been taken out) are the same. The addition are fantastic, I love the void rays! All three races are extremely balanced(a must for an RTS and some thing SC was famous for). Ive played Terran and Protoss so far and they are great. One problem I did have is I miss my firebats for Terran and dragoons for Proto. Other than that its great. The Chronos thing for Protoss can make them a little better but a good player can counter easily. So far in the story I'm happy with how they have continued from the end of BW. It picks up 4 years after the end of Broodwar. Jim is pretty much an outlaw still so its not all that different from the first game. All in all this is very recommended to any one who played the first game/xpack or any one who likes RTS's (read up on the story of the first one though) BUY IT!
http://s.postquote.us/uKnight.png[/img][/url]
[CleanMe][/url]
[Photography, The least you should know][/url]
http://kodyhungenberg.500px.com[/url]

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager