Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: GoldenEye 007 - Wii  (Read 15081 times)

Offline Alex

GoldenEye 007 - Wii
« on: Monday, November 22, 2010, 21:06:22 PM »

First, I would like to start by comparing this game to the revolutionary original that was released for the Nintendo 64. Goldeneye Wii is in no way revolutionary, but what it is is a spectacular game that can stand on its own. This game is NOT a direct remake of the N64 version. I will not be comparing this game to the original all that often because the only thing they have in common is the storyline and guns. I would also like to address that they used Daniel Craig as Bond in this game and in my opinion, it is better that way. The voice acting is pretty good so far and it adds a lot to the game. Voice acting can make a game great if done well. Now with that out of the way, on to the review.

SINGLE-PLAYER
GoldenEye is a fast paced FPS game that puts you in the shoes of MI6 agent 007, better known as James Bond. You go through many missions that are well though out and very engaging. I have yet to play a boring mission. The campaign is about 11-12 hours long. There is some stealth elements to the game, but a lot of the time you may find it impossible to keep from having the alarm sounded on you. Objectives vary and each level feels new and completely different. The mechanics feel great. The guns feel like they have some kick to them and the overall shooting mechanics work very well. The controls are great. With a lot of customizations at your disposal it is easy to find the right control scheme for you. The main controls would be Wii + Nunchuck but the Classic controller as well as the gamecube controller is also supported. In my experience, the Wii + Nunchuck controls are the way to go.

GRAPHICS
The graphics are OK. that is the best I can describe it. They are definitely not the best the Wii has to offer, but they are also definitely not the Worst. The graphics do not hinder the game whatsoever and do not take away from the overall fun of the game. I would like to add that I find the grenade explosion animation to be awful, but it is not something you see a whole lot. The game has highs and lows graphically, like most games. Some areas look great while others look not so good. The most important thing though is that they in no way take away from the fun.

SOUND
The sound effects are great. AK47s sound like AK47s. Helicopter have a realistic sound as well as the rest of the environments. The music is OK, but not anything special.

MULTI-PLAYER
GoldenEye supports up to 4 players split screen and 8 players Online. Let's start with the local multi-player. You have a varied selection of guns and a nice number of characters to choose from. Unfortunately, the map selection isn't so large. You get about 5-6 maps to choose from that vary in size and complexity. It is fun to go against your friends but the lack of bots really drags the experience down. The online multi-player is fun. You can say it is some what call of duty like. You unlock guns and perks. (that's not what they are called, but they're the same thing) I guess you could say that the online is a feature stripped Call of Duty game in terms of structure. But the game feels much different while playing. The game is much more balanced than a CoD game. My major complaint with the online multi-player is the lack of voice chat. Call of Duty Black Ops came out exactly a week later and had voice chat support. I am left wondering why they decided to not use it in GoldenEye seeing as Activision published both games.

BOTTOM LINE
I would consider this a must have for any Wii owner. Controls work well, it has a fully loaded campaign and a decent multi-player. GoldenEye stacks up to Call of Duty Black Ops, and even beats it in a lot of areas. On top of all that, the game is simply fun. It is one of the best shooters available for the Wii and shouldn't be overlooked.

GAMEPLAY - 9
GRAPHICS - 8
SOUND - 8
SINGLE-PLAYER - 9.5
MULTI-PLAYER - 8.5

OVERALL - 9

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: GoldenEye 007 - Wii
« Reply #1 on: Monday, November 22, 2010, 21:32:01 PM »
Great review as always. Makes me kind of want a console...
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

Re: GoldenEye 007 - Wii
« Reply #2 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 09:33:43 AM »
Did you play with the wiimote or with a gamecube controller?

I tried playing with both today and the controller was far superior.

I mainly play with the Wii remote, but I have played with the controller. The Wii remote is much better once you get the hang of it. You can aim quicker. It seems more fun to play with the Wii remote too.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager