Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat  (Read 8898 times)

Offline Alex

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat
« on: Tuesday, February 09, 2010, 21:00:36 PM »

I just spent the last 6 days playing the hell out of this game and I have to admit, it is the most fun I have ever had with a video game. While the main story is slow to develope the atmosphere, side missions, and AI characters more than make up for it. I have played it for well over 10 hours and I'm not even at Pripyat yet. (the majority of the game)

About S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Based on the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant accident in 1986 "The Zone" as it is called has started to change. Deadly mutants and anomalies have popped up all over the zone. Despite these terrible changes the zone has created many mysterious items, know as artifacts. Artifacts sell for an extremely high price. Stalkers (people who live in the zone) moved there in hopes to find artifacts and get riches; but for most, the journey ends in tragedy. Scientists move to the zone in hopes of making big discoveries inside it. Stalkers form factions and war soon breaks out between them.

Call of Pripyat Storyline
The year is 2012, You are a lieutenant in the Ukranian Military. The military has launched an operation to get to and capture the center of the zone, the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant. It is a dangerous mission since no one has ever got to the center and lived to tell the tale. The military sends 5 scout helicopters to map anomalies for the ground assault. Something goes wrong and all of the choppers crash. Your job is to go undercover as a Stalker and find out what happened to the helicopters. The rest of the story unfolds from there.

Call of Pripyat Gameplay
A bit of a challenge to explain. It is an open-world FPS with some RPG elements. The game is focused on survival and is much more difficult than your average run n' gun game. Plan your attacks carefully; preserve ammo, it is hella expensive; always find cover in a fight, standing in the open will get you killed, and try to avoid anomalies. The game never holds your hand and there are a few missions where it doesn't even tell you where to go. That means that it will give you an objective and a location but it is your job to decide how to finish that objective. My advice is to ask stalkers in the area but that doesn't always solve things.

Bottom Line
The game may not be for everyone, but I find it one of the funnest games available.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 09, 2010, 21:07:35 PM »
Very nice. I've been seeing you play this and thought that I should give the game a try again. Should I get this game or should I start with Shadow of Chernobyl?
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 09, 2010, 21:22:17 PM »
Very nice. I've been seeing you play this and thought that I should give the game a try again. Should I get this game or should I start with Shadow of Chernobyl?

you don't necessarily need to play them in order (don't play clear sky at all) but Shadow of Chernobyl gives you more info on the zone and stuff. Call of Pripyat is the overall better game though. Part of the beauty of the game is that the stalker games are made by a small time developer and only costs $40. Proves that not all good games are from big budget developers.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 09, 2010, 23:44:32 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 00:21:54 AM »
Game looks awesome. I always like your reviews. And honestly, I'm not a person to read and believe reviews I read on the internet, so that's pretty special man.

Offline Alex

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 12:03:29 PM »
Thanks.

Offline Dialects

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 15:15:45 PM »
Do you get this for PS3?
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Alex

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 15:17:14 PM »
Do you get this for PS3?

Sorry, I forgot to mention that it is exclusive for PC.

Offline [Nifty]-mister

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, July 08, 2010, 13:43:01 PM »
i havent been able to start this bad boy on my pc i get error window when i launch it.
BlueBlaster: Dann called him a vertically-​challenged nigger.

Offline Alex

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, July 08, 2010, 13:54:53 PM »
i havent been able to start this bad boy on my pc i get error window when i launch it.

:o what does it say?

Offline [Nifty]-mister

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Friday, July 09, 2010, 11:48:30 AM »

:o what does it say?

I will post a screenshot later.
BlueBlaster: Dann called him a vertically-​challenged nigger.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager