Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Pokemon Black (Japanese Version)  (Read 6364 times)

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
Pokemon Black (Japanese Version)
« on: Sunday, September 19, 2010, 16:08:46 PM »
Pokemon Black and White were released in Japan yesterday, and there's already a fully working ROM for it.

I'll jump into the review, but I'm not even into the second town yet so I'll probably end up editting some stuff in. Here's some thoughts on the first hour of gameplay.

Sound - 10/10. I normally don't put much value on sound in games, but I immediately noticed the huge improvements since the last game I played, which came out Spring 2007.

Graphics; World - 10/10. The rooms, towns, and routes have seen great improvements as well. The game is evolving greatly from the games I loved in the past.  (Post Battle Damage ; Birds Scatter After Leaving House)

Graphics; Battles - 3/10. Awful. I'll go as far as calling it a step back from the 2007 Diamond and Pearl battles.

Characters; Humans - 8/10. Clean and great. Little room for improvement.

Characters; Pokemon - 2/10. Very few that I like, MANY that I hate. Chandeliers? Ice cream cones? Terrible. Bulls with afros? Cool beans as far as I'm concerned. (Smugleaf)

Overall - 6.6/10

Nintendo could have done so much with this and, although the game looks fantastic most of the time, I have a hard time believing that these are the actual Pokemon that they've come up with. It's hard to determine how the game will be at this point though. It's either going to be more or less average and satisfying or a complete disappoint, not unlike the risks/rewards in sleeping with Skrewy.

*EDIT*
Game appears to be gradually changing from day -> night as opposed to the former sudden change from one to the next.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 19, 2010, 19:26:01 PM by AJ »
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Black (Japanese Version)
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 19, 2010, 19:33:47 PM »
This is why I love it when they remake the first 3 pokemons. It's the same great game I've been playing as a kid, just the graphics look better. :D

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 20, 2010, 14:58:58 PM »
Japanese makes this frustrating beyond comprehension. I defeated the first gym but did not realize it until after I'd left.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 20, 2010, 19:44:14 PM »
The only japanese games I've played was Star Ocean and Super Bomberman 3 - 5.

RPG's are much harder to play :) At least I know what 'yes' and 'no' look like. Proud of that.

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 20, 2010, 21:25:19 PM »
I'm jealous. I even fucked up the English though and overwrote my save state. Pretty embarrassing.

Offline Alex

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 18:51:24 PM »
I'll just wait for the English version so I can "acquire" it. I'm not wasting $40 when the pokemon are that horrible. I love the idea of all the new features and the new look, but pokemon is what the game is supposed to be about, and none of the new ones look like they should be pokemon. It's like buying a WWII game where the soldiers wear modern gear, it just looks wrong.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager